You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #196 of 6,356
When you think about how badly you want to sell your old speakers to fund new stuff, but you cringe at the thought of not having speakers temporarily. (Stuck there right now)

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #197 of 6,356
When you stay away from head-fi for a year, then check back one day and end up $500 poorer within the week. (I regret nothing, I love my new Westone 4s)

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #199 of 6,356
Haha, nice my Beats arrived today. They will be leaving tomorrow ,haha. My MS-1's were supposed to come today as well but I guess it will be tomorrow.

Quote:
hell ya, skipped today, but didn't came for some reason
gonna skip tmr too

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #202 of 6,356
When you start hiding new headphones from your wife...

Or when she sees you wearing them and queries if they're new, and you say "what.. these old things?"

You hide receipts in the most obscure places...  

The postman hates you.

You love the postman.

You catch the postman in bed with your wife and you ask him if this is a "special delivery to be signed for".

You're on holiday on a topless beach and all you can see is ath1000 wood cups everywhere....
tongue_smile.gif

mmmm.... I think I need help. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #208 of 6,356

Quote:
When you think about how badly you want to sell your old speakers to fund new stuff, but you cringe at the thought of not having speakers temporarily. (Stuck there right now)

Definitely can relate to this one. A man sees my HD650 and asks me to sell it to him for $400, including my uDac2 (actually a good deal). I couldn't find a legitimate reason not to, but kept denying him anyway. He's a seaman and can't really order because he doesn't have an address to send to him directly, and the $400 could get me a new pair easily. I felt bad, but I just couldn't really do with spending temporary time without 'phones!

It was cool to talk to a fellow audiophile (my first), though. He started talking about his Grados and Audio Technicas.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #209 of 6,356
... your list of potential activities to do while listening to music is limited by the length of your headphone cable.

... you're listening so intently that you lose track of time, forget to get your clothes out of the dryer in the laundry room, and they lock it up for the night.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #210 of 6,356
Skipping lectures because you heard your headphones could be delivered any moment (currently doing this)

Haha, how are you in medical school, but still at the same time be able to afford all your headphones?

When you said skipping lectures, I thought you were a professor skipping them, cause I thought no way a uni student can afford that LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back