1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
Next

Last
  1. Argyris Contributor
    When you can tell if a headphone is neutral or colored just by listening to pink noise through it.

2. VisceriousZERO

Good one.

"there's too much bass in this pink noise!"

3. reeltime
    I find pink noise to be 'open and extended'

TheJesusGuy likes this.
  4. bearFNF Contributor
    I just got  a haircut so my Grados would seal better, doh

5. streetdragon
    Quote:
    i push my sideburn away with the earcup so it doesn't interfere with the sound (there is a noticable difference)

6. ZMZB
    Quote:
    This haircut sounds anemic and congested.

Tus-Chan and TheJesusGuy like this.
  7. TheJazzyH
    I don't know if this had been done or not, but...

you know you're an audiophile when Bowers & Wilkins is the first thing you think of when B & W is mentioned (which can stand for a lot of things).

8. miceblue
    Quote:
    Whenever I hear BMW, I automatically think of B&W. D:

9. takato14
    When you're jamming to your music while backstocking the soda coolers at work, and a customer opens the door and asks "what the hell are you doing"

Surprisingly, it wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds.

10. thecansmancan
    When you start the headphone trend at your school...now if i can just get them to believe in sq....

11. Ronald Lee
    Quote:
    same here too, i started to poison my classmate, they are starting to believe that what they are hearing all this years are a waste of time.

12. takato14
    When you throw together a mix CD as a Christmas gift for your Dad, but then realize you've made a terrible mistake because the speakers in his truck can't render the songs properly.

13. Argyris Contributor
    You know you're an audiophile when, after you've done the above, you get hold of your rich sound engineer buddy's expensive room calibration equipment, measure the cab of the truck to produce a proper compensation curve, load each song in a DAW and apply said compensation curve, and then burn the lot onto disc.

Or you know you might be absolutely crazy. The two aren't mutually exclusive, either.

14. TheJesusGuy
    Quote:
    Lucky you. I can't convince these ****heads out of anything except their beloved Beats and iBuds..

stevenswall likes this.
  15. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

I've been doing that with officemates and former schoolmates. They hate me now. So I gave them some "starter kits"

(By starter kit: Fiio E17, iPod LOD, and W4R for one, and TG334 for the one who kicked me off on this damned hobby! (I love this hobby!))

First

Back
338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
Next

Last