1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348
350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359
Next

Last
  1. Tangster
    Quote:
    When your idea of "starter" includes a £350 IEM.

2. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

Meh. xD

3. linglingjr
    The lower you start the better. Makes you appreciate each upgrade even more IMO

4. streetdragon
    Quote:
    also depnds on the budget, maybe $50 -> $200 -> $500 -> $1500 should be a good path to take (i think), (so it means im only at ~lvl2 in my journey [​IMG]
    but then again it will be different from person to person and from budget to budget, too many steps and total amount of money spend would be more, and too few steps and the listener may not be able to appreciate the improvements, so it just has to be a balance.

5. Slash86
    The best way to apreciate while upgrading is to forget your gear at relatives' house ! This way you end up stuck with iPhones' or. 30$ cans, and you instantly remember what your journey IS about :)

TheJesusGuy likes this.
  6. VisceriousZERO
    We began the journey with Senn IE8s so It was an upgrade :)

7. pelli
    You know you are an Audiophile when you are reading this on Christmas!

Merry Christmas Head-fi!

1336314497P31O0X.jpg

8. DocTavia
    Same to you Pelli! Have a good one!

9. Argyris Contributor
    Same to you as well, Pelli!

You know you're an audiophile when instead of spending the day with the family you're in your room, listening to the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, and posting in this thread.

(Okay, so that's not entirely fair, since nobody's here yet. There's no way in hell I'd be allowed to do this if they were).

10. Tangster
    Quote:
    I'm more going along the "if it's interesting and I can afford it" I'll probably get one. Not good for my wallet.

11. linglingjr
    Quote:
    Playing BF3 and listening to my HD600s. Got a 1/4 adaptor for them thats the only gift I've used so far haha

12. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    I'm at step three. I think thats a great step list. I was actually thinking about this today. I'm going to a Senn HD800 or Magnum V4 Grado's next Christmas! (I hope) Would have to save up every last penny to get it. 

13. ender323
    When you spend Christmas wishing your family would leave you alone so you could listen to music...
    or spend Christmas lamenting how your family doesn't understand your addiction and won't buy you nice headphones for x-mas.

AHorseNamedJeff likes this.
  14. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

That sucks man xD

15. streetdragon
    when you draw this out just to wish head-fi a very happy merry christmas
    i know but i'm late by a little but...

latiaslatiosheadphonescropped.png
    Merry Christmas![​IMG] (happy headphone ID'ing too)

AHorseNamedJeff likes this.
First

Back
339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348
350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359
Next

Last