You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #4,382 of 6,356
when room acoustics play a role in the sound of vented IEMS

When you look at a pair of headphones thinking, "Hmm, how would wood cups look and sound on this headphone?"

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #4,383 of 6,356
Quote:
This is going to be me first set HD600 was going to get the HD800 but not enough $$$

IMHO this will decrease your appreciation of the HD600s if they're your fist pair of decent headphones.  It is always best to start small and build up slowly, or at least that will make you enjoy every single pair even more.  If I go from using iBuds to some Stax I won't be nearly as impressed with the stax as I would be if I climbed the ladders slowly.  

also my subs were two rockford fosgates that went by the name of "The punch: audiophile" they were from the 90s and are 250 rms being driven properly.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #4,384 of 6,356
Quote:
IMHO this will decrease your appreciation of the HD600s if they're your fist pair of decent headphones.  It is always best to start small and build up slowly, or at least that will make you enjoy every single pair even more.  If I go from using iBuds to some Stax I won't be nearly as impressed with the stax as I would be if I climbed the ladders slowly.  

also my subs were two rockford fosgates that went by the name of "The punch: audiophile" they were from the 90s and are 250 rms being driven properly.

I started with ibuds and went to beats and skullcandy (the dark ages) then reached Sennheiser (IE8) and from then on was hooked on high-end audio.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #4,385 of 6,356
Quote:
I started with ibuds and went to beats and skullcandy (the dark ages) then reached Sennheiser (IE8) and from then on was hooked on high-end audio.

Same here, Started with a dozen or so Sony Cans, then I got my Vintage Koss TD 75's which where my first REAL bass head can, from there I got into Sony MDRv-100... which lead me into Drum n Bass from THERE I wanted MORE bass so I looked at iPod alternitives, head phone amps and Sony XB700s and from THERE I went to Hifiman DAP cMoy and Byerdynamic <3 so I'm working my way up :D

You know your an audiophile when you hear "you won't be buying another pair of head phones so long as you live in THIS house" lol

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #4,386 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
youre an audiophile if your first cans are grado

Well I guess I'm not an audiophile then. XD

I guess I'm doubly not an audiophile. Not only was my first "good" headphone not a Grado, but the only Grado I've ever owned I returned.

You know you're an audiophile when you keep posting on Head-Fi instead of listening to your online lecture, and then you miss the lecture questions you're supposed to listen for and answer and you have to go back and listen again.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #4,387 of 6,356
Quote:
you dont break up with a girl  before upgrading her rig 
smily_headphones1.gif

Done that one :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #4,389 of 6,356
Your an audiophile when your headphone cables cost 30% of your entire headphone rig or your speaker cables 30% of your speaker rig.

Your an audiophile when you brag about your Sennheiser IE8 or custom ES5's shutting down Dre Beat's owners.

Your an audiophile when Head-fi and other audio sites becomes the first priority thing you do when you wake up and get out of bed.

lol.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #4,390 of 6,356
Quote:
Same here, Started with a dozen or so Sony Cans, then I got my Vintage Koss TD 75's which where my first REAL bass head can, from there I got into Sony MDRv-100... which lead me into Drum n Bass from THERE I wanted MORE bass so I looked at iPod alternitives, head phone amps and Sony XB700s and from THERE I went to Hifiman DAP cMoy and Byerdynamic <3 so I'm working my way up :D

You know your an audiophile when you hear "you won't be buying another pair of head phones so long as you live in THIS house" lol

no mention of amps, loophole!

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #4,391 of 6,356
My first 'real' headphone was a Koss K/6x Plus. Got 'em when I was ~12. Always thought they were crappy.

Going back to them, they're really easy to drive, really light, fairly comfy, and have a really tightly controlled low end and sparkling highs. Neutral with a slight tilt towards bright. They're really quite good. They do lack detail and soundstage but they're still an enjoyable experience.

When you're supposed to be reviewing for an exam with the rest of the class but instead you're on head-fi. They really should learn not to let me bring my laptop into class 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #4,394 of 6,356
When you aim to improve the sound signature of your keyboard. The covers takes away too much mids from chiclets, traditional laptop keyboards just sounds much better.

Lololol dude you haven't heard a good sounding keyboard until you use a mechanical keyboard. Lol It's like going from 128kbps files on an ipod with ibuds to electrostats with a cd player that cost more than your car.

I've got a razor black widow ultimate and it sounds so much more satisfying then all the normal crappy membrane keyboards

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #4,395 of 6,356
I agree with the previous post. I also own a Razer BlackWidow. It is probably one of the biggest upgrades you can make to your desktop PC. It is the one thing you always use to interact with the computer, so why not make it an incredible experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back