Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #32 of 2,418
So, do you think if Aladdin were priced the same as the IT07, would the IT07 still "edge out" or "beat" the Aladdin's in maturity and sound alone? Or, are they good enough to be a side step to each other?

...just curious, since I can afford the Aladdin's, but the IT07's are too pricey for me.

-Clear

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #33 of 2,418
Frist thing I noticed is that the GK10 while being 8 ohms needs more power vs the Aladdin 10 ohms. Volume matched via splitter.
DSC08394.JPG
Both sets are nicely refined sounding. Aladdin has more greater dimensions of the stage as it is wider deeper and with better height to music. This being said this expansion of stage presence gives greater dimensions to imaging. Vocals stand out on the Aladdin as is more forward in recordings while vocal performances are a bit laid back for the GK10 in comparison. Overall even though the GK10 graph looks more colored. Its tonality and presence to my ears sounds a bit leaning toward neutral vs the Aladdin. Aladdins vocal presentation is on a different level vs the GK10 once you hear two nicer BAs aimed for vocal performance these are clearly made for vocals to be up front and center and what is astounding is since they have excellent sense of dimensions to the sound you don't loose out on the instruments in the background at the same time.

Trebles has a bit more energy and has better cohesion and distinction as it is a single BA doing the full treble is better blended in the treble region both having some excellent extension. As good as the GK10 is using 3 drivers to do the treble, you can tell which drivers are doing the upper treble for the GK10 you can't expect world class cohesion for a 5 driver $45 tribrid but I think the reason why that works well on the GK10 is since they went with two dynamic drivers doing the bulk of the tunes there will be many tunes you might not even hear the piezo treble firing off. But on the ones you do you can tell it is the piezos. Not that that is a bad thing but it isn't going to be as fluid sounding as what is on the Aladdin'

Aladdin has just as airy a treble end of the GK10 but has a bit more treble emphasis sounds more weighty in the trebles with a bit more sparkle and blends in with the mids drivers seamlessly. Resulting in a more cohesive and fluid presentation for the upper registers. I think if I was to nit pick on the GK10 treble tuning I think it needs just a smidge more upper treble emphasis and that is what the Aladdin has going on. Upper treble notes are as clear as a bell on these things and that definition carries onto the mids and even the bass end of the Aladdin

Bass end also is different. Aladdin has less mid bass emphasis but makes up for it with a deep reaching sub bass presence. GK10 despite some folks claiming it has a mid bass hump, does not. It has some emphasized bass but there is no way folks are gonna hear a muddy lower mid range due to any type of bass hump on them.

Some might prefer to have the full bass end of the GK10 vs the more sub bass focus of the Aladdin. Aladdin I can tell is more focused on a mids and treble tuning that brings clear layering and imaging as a hook to its tuning and it works. The bass end is tuned to be no where near the mids and so the tuning you can say is more mature on the Aladdin. Aladdins bass quality is excellent as it has tightness, speed and the texture in the subs is unreal. GK10 has more in the way of quantity but I can tell the biocell dynamics on the Aladdin is more specializing in the low hitting sub bass.

It is absolutely a no briner to get the phone of the year in the GK10 if you haven't bought one yet. GO BUY ONE, What the heck are you waiting for! Its not just good for the $45 it sets the bar for the $45 and outclasses earphones 4X the cost. But at the same time the Aladdin is playing on a different level. The GK10 is not too far down the chain in sound quality so that shows just how good the GK10 is but at the same time the Aladdin has to be one of the best in its price range and has a very mature refined tuning.
Thank you very much for that! Much appreciated. 🙏

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #34 of 2,418
@Dsnuts a comparison between the Aladdin and Rose QT9 Mk2 please :pray:

Jul 30, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #36 of 2,418
@Dsnuts a comparison between the Aladdin and Rose QT9 Mk2 please :pray:
I would say these two earphone have a lot in common in the price bracket. Even without A/Bing them I can say the Rose QT9-MK2 will have more in the way of bass quantitiy over the Aladdins but where they differ is in their mids presence. Aladdin has a upper hand in mid band imaging and detail. Rose is not too far off but I never thought they were exceptional for vocals like the aladdin. Lower treble might be a bit more emphazies for the Rose there too so a bit more in the way of coloration to the sonics. But some might prefer that.

Also vs land maybe? :D
Land is a different level in SQ and has a much more higher end treble design vs the simple BA design of the Aladdin but the tuning is different. Aladdins treble is not as dimensional, airy or as articulate as the LAND treble. What dual ESTs and a BA will get you. Aladdin has more mids presence vs the LAND both showing excellent imaging and detail. Land has one of the better wider stages for earphones, aladdin is not as wide but comparably deep in sound.

LAND has a very good combination of quality and quantity to their bass end where the aladdin is more sub bass focused and leans more toward quality vs quantity.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #37 of 2,418
Different flavors but man these are soo refined for their price it is crazy. They sound almost as good as my IT07s which is nuts.

D@mn!

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #38 of 2,418
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #39 of 2,418
I will have to do a proper comparison once I finish with some burn in for the aladdin. I felt last night after 24 hours they sounded a touch more brighter sounding than when I first heard them on open listen.

I know a lot of folks don't put too much stock in burning in BA based earphones but I do. I can tell there was a slight tonal shift last night and I suspect that slight brightness will smooth out by the time they are done with burn in.

Aladdin is obviously not going to be as refined sounding as the IT07 but their tonality and how the mids presentation is to me sounded very similar on open listen. Will see where this one goes but so far so good. Loving the sound from these things. Much more refined than you would imagine from a $245 earphone.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #40 of 2,418
I keep on comparing the sound tuning of the aladdin to my IT07 but that is the closest hybrid that I own that sound like these. Unless you have seen folks that say the tea comes close to the IT07 which I am gonna doubt.

IT07 is one of my best sounding hybids I own. so that was very surprising when I heard the aladdin for the first time and they sounded remarkably similar balanced and similarly refined.

It is without any doubt, ONE OF THE BEST TUNED FLAGSHIPS...
1627662233472.png

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #41 of 2,418
Ace (@Ace Bee) i know know you're drooling & super hyped right about now, the '07 is your Flavour!
:ksc75smile:
I need a proper counterpart to my Land, an easier listen with smoother notes, but do not want to sacrifice the air and transparency much. Looking to get an iem matching these criteria.

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 2,418
I would say these two earphone have a lot in common in the price bracket. Even without A/Bing them I can say the Rose QT9-MK2 will have more in the way of bass quantitiy over the Aladdins but where they differ is in their mids presence. Aladdin has a upper hand in mid band imaging and detail. Rose is not too far off but I never thought they were exceptional for vocals like the aladdin. Lower treble might be a bit more emphazies for the Rose there too so a bit more in the way of coloration to the sonics. But some might prefer that.
What I need to know is the transparency, soundstage expansion, and 3D holographic imaging. Does the Aladdinn do these better than QT9 Mk2?

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #43 of 2,418
I need a proper counterpart to my Land, an easier listen with smoother notes, but do not want to sacrifice the air and transparency much. Looking to get an iem matching these criteria.
Should you indulge a set in the foreseeable future
Some tips for you.
Enhancement & satisfaction guaranteed

1627663063336.png

1627663095829.png

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #44 of 2,418
What I need to know is the transparency, soundstage expansion, and 3D holographic imaging. Does the Aladdinn do these better than QT9 Mk2?
Yes, it definitely has the upper hand on these aspects. I think QT9-MK2 is not bad in these aspects but aladdin does these just a bit more better, especially imaging.

The way sound projects is very refined sounding, very even in terms of emphasis. It reminds me of much higher end IEMs.
I can tell they are using some better BAs in unison for that imaging for the mids.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #45 of 2,418
Should you indulge a set in the foreseeable future
Some tips for you.
Enhancement & satisfaction guaranteed

Oh I'm no stranger to tips rolling :)

Final Audio Type E
Spinfit CP100, CP145, CP155, CP500
JVC Spiral Dots++ M size (which does not fit me, looking for ML size at cheaper than MRP)
JVC Spiral Dots SF (Stress Free)
Azla Sednaearfit Light
Azla Sednaearfit Light Short
Flare Audio Everyday silicone
BGVP A07, A08, W01, E01, Y01
UM Blue Heart
Philips stock tips
KZ Starline
RHA Dual Density
Penon green bore
Penon Orb Orange bore
New Bee silicone
Sony hybrid
And a lot of other generic eartips collected over time from numerous other iems.

The only eartips I am looking for is the Azla Crystal eartips...cannot find a good source. Need 3 M pairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back