Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Feb 4, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #94 of 3,295
I just ordered this on Amazon for $199. hope it's good

good is not a fair word for that price.. but as many things are overhyped you can be the judge. I can't find them there for that much...
blink.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #96 of 3,295
Well, I'm sorry to crash your party but, Amazon still has one used (from their Warehouse) for like $170

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00B44N0DA/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391605586&sr=8-1&keywords=hph-mt220&condition=used

That's a STEAL!!!!!
I really like these headphones and they are now my main "PC" headphone! :wink:

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #98 of 3,295
Mine arrived today. Brand new! Damn, I got a great deal. wish it came with a nice pouch. Time to give them a listen. brb

Awesome. Do let us know your impressions.

Thanks.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #100 of 3,295
I'm selling mine if anyone is interested $110 AUD. Check out my signature

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #101 of 3,295

not as loud. my wife says everything sounds better with the alpha pads bass and all and asked me if i turned it up when i put the stock pads back on. 
soundstage:deeper
bass: stronger or tighter
vocals/instruments: less forward, cleaner
transparency:? 

overall they seem cleaner and the instrument separation seems better because of the depth.. But it seems less shouty or forward but the attack is still awesome.... man pads can make a difference... I am a believer. I like the improvements but miss the forwardness of the instruments. I like the bass and depth now plus they have cleaned up some. 

I still haven't taken out the foam I put in. It already has some in there but I put some in different places. I really like these with the alpha pads on them. at this point I am no longer worried about clarity.  I just have them plugged into my iMac and I am really enjoying it right now. 

wow that looks really cool, did you have any difficulty putting the alpha pads on yamaha headphones, so if I order the alpha pads will the fit without modding them the yamaha headphone

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #102 of 3,295
  wow that looks really cool, did you have any difficulty putting the alpha pads on yamaha headphones, so if I order the alpha pads will the fit without modding them the yamaha headphone

nope not at all. they are actually the same fit as the original pads with  no problems and very easy. If you dont like them you still have alpha pads to put on some other hp as well. But the fit is easy.

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #103 of 3,295
  nope not at all. they are actually the same fit as the original pads with  no problems and very easy. If you dont like them you still have alpha pads to put on some other hp as well. But the fit is easy.

with the alpha dog pads can you compare the sound with audio technica m50.

Do you really like the yamaha as I am really considering buying them, how would they compare with V mod m100 and withphilips fielio x1, and with yamaha 500pro

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #104 of 3,295
I have only heard the m50 once so i cant comment on that.

I also though I have had the x1 cant remember which one has more bass. The yamaha has better bass extension though and a fuller clearer sound. The fidelio x1 is a very good hp but its instruments are unnaturally small and distant and it has a fragile build. Given a choice between those two I would keep the yamaha. The x1 is the most comfortable hp I have had though and makes a good easy listening hp.  Cant comment on the vmoda. 

But yes I think very highly of them and place them over the headphones I have had in their price range based on sq but they need burn in for sure. You can check my review of them:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-high-fidelity-premium-studio-monitor-headphones-37-ohms-impedance/reviews/10400 

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #105 of 3,295
  I have only heard the m50 once so i cant comment on that.

I also though I have had the x1 cant remember which one has more bass. The yamaha has better bass extension though and a fuller clearer sound. The fidelio x1 is a very good hp but its instruments are unnaturally small and distant and it has a fragile build. Given a choice between those two I would keep the yamaha. The x1 is the most comfortable hp I have had though and makes a good easy listening hp.  Cant comment on the vmoda. 

But yes I think very highly of them and place them over the headphones I have had in their price range based on sq but they need burn in for sure. You can check my review of them:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-high-fidelity-premium-studio-monitor-headphones-37-ohms-impedance/reviews/10400 

i really wish someone can compare them to ath m50, and sony mdr-1r and V Moda also  with yamaha pro500

We need more reviews and comparisons , I am very close to buying them but if I buy I can not return them in my country

Users who are viewing this thread

Back