Yamaha EPH-100
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #4,606 of 4,690
Well after a bit over 2 years of fun my right EPH-100 earbud bit the dust. I see there is now an EPH-200 with a nice replacable cable! But I don't know about spending $300+ on it.

My potential replacements:

Final Audio Design Heaven IV
Denon AH-C820/821
Etymotic Research ER3XR
Focal Sphear S

If anyone has suggestions or experience with these to compare to the EPH-100 please share! I am looking for something that can at least match the bass response without resorting to an amp on my iPhone 6s.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #4,607 of 4,690
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #4,609 of 4,690
Yeah defo give them a clean first, I've owned the EPH-100 for about 5 years (2 pairs) and neither of them went wrong on me. My 2nd pair are still with me working perfectly fine, 1st pair I ended up selling but then regretted it.

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #4,612 of 4,690
Is the moisture issue always fixable if you remove the metal grid and clean them up? Also, would it be madness to consider the EPH-100 for running and working out?

Yeah you don't even have to remove the grilles, just use a q tip with a bit of isopropyl alcohol on it to clean the grilles. I personally think they would be fine for the gym/active lifestyle because of the excellent fit. They are still to this day one of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever owned. The microphonics on the cable can get annoying though.

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #4,613 of 4,690
Thanks guys! I'm about to get some IEM under £100 and I love all I've read about the EPH-100 plus their design, only issue is this moisture thing. I'm considering Shure SE215, Pinnacle P2 and some others as alternatives

Edit: woops, I just saw the microphonics thing

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #4,615 of 4,690
Yeah you don't even have to remove the grilles, just use a q tip with a bit of isopropyl alcohol on it to clean the grilles. I personally think they would be fine for the gym/active lifestyle because of the excellent fit. They are still to this day one of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever owned. The microphonics on the cable can get annoying though.

Give the Ibasso it01 a try, they get a good review here.
http://theheadphonelist.com/the-delight-of-ambition-a-review-of-the-ibasso-it01/

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #4,617 of 4,690

Yeah those are on my list to try. The list is very long. xD

Anyone isn't using M size tip from the Yamaha? If you have spare or not using it, I would like to trade it with JVC Spiral dot / Meelec Double flange :D

I have to see which ones I'm using, I think I'm on the Medium-Large.

I've never seen any of spare tips for sale sadly.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #4,618 of 4,690
Yeah those are on my list to try. The list is very long. xD

I have to see which ones I'm using, I think I'm on the Medium-Large.

I've never seen any of spare tips for sale sadly.
AFAIK, there isn't any replacement tip for sale even from Yamaha :frowning2: . IIRC, there is 5 tips. SS,SM, M , ML and L. I do have a SM tip , before i send my Yamaha in for RMA.. But that doesn't fit me well .
Are you using the M? :xf_eek:

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #4,619 of 4,690
AFAIK, there isn't any replacement tip for sale even from Yamaha :frowning2: . IIRC, there is 5 tips. SS,SM, M , ML and L. I do have a SM tip , before i send my Yamaha in for RMA.. But that doesn't fit me well .
Are you using the M? :xf_eek:

Yeah there's never been any accessories sold for the EPH-100 if I'm correct. Unless you count the fakes that have been around forever.

I'm using the ML as far as I can remember, need to check to be sure. Which tips are you missing??

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #4,620 of 4,690
Yeah there's never been any accessories sold for the EPH-100 if I'm correct. Unless you count the fakes that have been around forever.

I'm using the ML as far as I can remember, need to check to be sure. Which tips are you missing??
There is only Real tip, Lostxxxxx Ebay seller for the foam tip and the non genuine one.
I'm missing out M i believe. The tip that come pre install on the earphone itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back