Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 16, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #4,457 of 4,690
mine comes in a package though but i threw it away.

Rookie mistake. :wink:

Always keep the packaging, especially from IEMs/HPs. Since you arent always getting the original product.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #4,460 of 4,690
Feb 17, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #4,462 of 4,690
Feb 19, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #4,463 of 4,690
Why take the chance? As has literally been stated at least a dozen times on here, either get them from a registered distributor like Audio Affair or get a legit second hand pair from the forums...

^This!

I still dont get why people take chances on buying cheap fakes...

From my own experience, I've bought 2 pairs both from Audio Affair and both were genuine! Since they are an official Yamaha distributor, and the their prices are pretty good too.

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #4,464 of 4,690
....and right on topic, yesterday my second pair arrived. They were purchased from a forum (not here) and are genuine, previous owner bought them from Audio Affair as well. I'd regretted trading my first pair!

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #4,465 of 4,690
....and right on topic, yesterday my second pair arrived. They were purchased from a forum (not here) and are genuine, previous owner bought them from Audio Affair as well. I'd regretted trading my first pair!

Nice mate, you're on your second pair now like me. Honestly I don't think I'll ever get rid of these.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #4,466 of 4,690
Nice mate, you're on your second pair now like me. Honestly I don't think I'll ever get rid of these.

Yep, and second pair of tenores :)
Had a three way battle with the GR07 last night for a bit of fun. Honestly think everyone should have one of these three in their collection, or better still, all three

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #4,467 of 4,690
Does someone know by chance how do the Yams compare to Philips SHE9850?  I'm looking for a quick replacement, and the Yams are available locally.  Although I enjoyed the typical BA traits in SHE9850, I'd fine with a DD as long as its warmish and on the quick side, but still forgiving.  Also, I'd like to avoid experiencing sibilance at any costs, including a top-end roll-off.  I'm also considering RHA MA 750, so I asked over at their thread as well.

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #4,468 of 4,690
Does someone know by chance how do the Yams compare to Philips SHE9850?  I'm looking for a quick replacement, and the Yams are available locally.  Although I enjoyed the typical BA traits in SHE9850, I'd fine with a DD as long as its warmish and on the quick side, but still forgiving.  Also, I'd like to avoid experiencing sibilance at any costs, including a top-end roll-off.  I'm also considering RHA MA 750, so I asked over at their thread as well.

No experience with the Philips but the Yams will be right up your street for what you want. So would the Tenore

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #4,470 of 4,690

No experience with the Philips but the Yams will be right up your street for what you want. So would the Tenore

How is Tenore comparing with YAM EPH 100? Is it very similar SQ? I am planning to get either of them. I am very gentle on my gear so durability is not main concern. My main interest is sound quality and comfortability. It would be very helpful if you can share your thoughts/impression. Thank you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back