Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #3,961 of 4,690
These are on sale right now on Amazon for 94.99. Great price for these quality IEM's.

Have own it for month already thx XD 
Hi everyone this is Kevin and it is my first post. I've been doing some research over the past few days for in ear headphones to listen to music on daily commute to and from school. I listen to mostly 90s pop and pop right now, as well as some rap. So, I really was interested in the Yamaha eph 100. But then, I read about some defects of people's posts I'm 2012 about the right earphone losing sound. I was just wondering if people are still getting this problem in 2014 or did Yamaha fix it. This information would be much appreciated as I may be looking to purchase in a week or so.

Thanks, Kevin

Mine apparently does't have the right side cut off problem. I walk from train station to my home while I'm using this Yamaha. Mind you, my country weather is hot (37+c), high humidity. The walk last 20 min though. So far still going strong. =)

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #3,962 of 4,690
  Have own it for month already thx XD 
Mine apparently does't have the right side cut off problem. I walk from train station to my home while I'm using this Yamaha. Mind you, my country weather is hot (37+c), high humidity. The walk last 20 min though. So far still going strong. =)

thanks for the reply whaleshark! how are you liking it so far? I can probably get it for $120 inc shipping so would you recommend it for this price?

The right side sound loss is almost the only thing holding me back in buying the earphones.

Cheers, 
Kevin

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3,963 of 4,690

thanks for the reply whaleshark! how are you liking it so far? I can probably get it for $120 inc shipping so would you recommend it for this price?

The right side sound loss is almost the only thing holding me back in buying the earphones.

Cheers, 
Kevin

Get it,you cant go wrong =D But it do have something that i hate it a lot on this IEM which was the cable and the micro phonic when worn straight down(pretty much gone after you wear it over ear or cable on the back.)..It get curly rather easily as i always curl it up and keep inside the case they provided. Still bearable haha..

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #3,964 of 4,690
hello, i have owned the eph 100's for over a year and they get quite a bit of playtime and i have never had any issue with any right side sound loss or any other issue for that matter. build quality is actually quite good for a hundred dollar iem. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #3,965 of 4,690
  Get it,you cant go wrong =D But it do have something that i hate it a lot on this IEM which was the cable and the micro phonic when worn straight down(pretty much gone after you wear it over ear or cable on the back.)..It get curly rather easily as i always curl it up and keep inside the case they provided. Still bearable haha..

Yeah the memory effect makes me mad sometimes. Still, they're otherwise a brilliant IEM.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #3,970 of 4,690
Alright then =D Thx man. I thought of this when im using my laptop and phone,the sound sounds very much different . From the laptop, vocal is very loud and bright,but the bass is distorted. While on my phone (Seems its using qualcomm DAC),bass was nice but the vocal were pretty dull. So im just wondering does the sound card (DAC) does play a role in this situation.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #3,971 of 4,690
Definetely, but depending on your budget there are countless solutions. The best is the Beyerdynamic a200d, this is an extreme small amp which you can use on any device, no matter if laptop, Android or Ios. Your EPH-100 will rock and sounds right in every register.

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #3,975 of 4,690
Btw how did you deal with the memory effect?

I usually pull the cable cinch up fairly tight so its not too coiled, and then I tuck most of the unused cable from the jack to the y split into my jacket pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back