Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #3,931 of 4,690
Recently just bought few pair of foam tip (Bought from different seller), i was struggling to make it fit to this yamaha. After it was put in, it look like this. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/P1100977.JPG and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/P1100978.JPG . It kinda have the wrinkle mark. Is it normal for it to have those mark? 
confused.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #3,933 of 4,690

Sorry man. I usually use the Small tips, but I lost one down a drain(yeah, don't ask) and the other one is slightly torn, and I need it. I've resorted to using the Small in my left ear and the Medium in my right ear as it's slightly bigger than the left.

No worries mate. Seems we are in the same boat.  

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,934 of 4,690
  Recently just bought few pair of foam tip (Bought from different seller), i was struggling to make it fit to this yamaha. After it was put in, it look like this. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/P1100977.JPG and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/P1100978.JPG . It kinda have the wrinkle mark. Is it normal for it to have those mark? 
confused.gif

I bought some of the foam tips from lostearbuds and while they seemed fine, I'm not really a fan of foam tips, and their quality was kinda low. Still, at least I have them as spares. And they do ruin the soundstage a little, as archy121 said.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,935 of 4,690
  That should be fine. 

Personally I prefer not to use foam tips with EPH100.  
I find it spoils the soundstage a little and reduces sparkle.  The original tips are definitely the best.  

I find the sq still same but the presence of soundstage to be smaller and bass is more.
  I bought some of the foam tips from lostearbuds and while they seemed fine, I'm not really a fan of foam tips, and their quality was kinda low. Still, at least I have them as spares. And they do ruin the soundstage a little, as archy121 said.

I wonder how long does this foam tips last if use on a daily basis..

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #3,936 of 4,690

I use Comply tips on almost all my in ears, exept the Yamaha´s, as Comply doesn´t have any for them, and in General I am happy with them,certainly on my GradoGR10, they were a big step Forward, the hold is unprecided and due to the better sealing you have in case of the latter a better contoured bass. As far as the Yamaha´s go I agree they are top with the original tips, as hold and seal are exellent. In their Price class you won´t find hardly any better.

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #3,937 of 4,690
After using the Auvio tips for a while, I went back to the stock ones. I was losing too much soundstage and bass with the a Auvio ones. They were more comfy though.

It sucks having to choose between SQ and comfort :/

Sent from my Nexus 5

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #3,938 of 4,690
Really need some help. I'm at a close decision on buying these or ATH-CK77's. I sadly cannot decide. I listen to nearly all genres of music, but bass is my main hitter. Any input would be appreciated.

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #3,940 of 4,690
I just picked up a set of MTPG's which I absolutely hated, so at this point I'm not really looking for other suggestions. Just which of the two - Yamaha EPH-100's or ATH-CK77's are all around better.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #3,941 of 4,690
  I just picked up a set of MTPG's which I absolutely hated, so at this point I'm not really looking for other suggestions. Just which of the two - Yamaha EPH-100's or ATH-CK77's are all around better.

Or skip both and consider Dunu DN-1000. 
devil_face.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #3,942 of 4,690
I haven't been around this forum for very long... and I mean I love all the information I'm getting out of it.. but I hate the fact it makes me want to buy everything.. so many suggestions thrown at me all the time, and they all seem quite convincing! I've spent around $2000 I didn't really have to spend on mainly computer equipment in the past week alone, can't fork out too much more. I just found out I live decently close to Audio Technica's main U.S. office.. wondering how I didn't know that. I'm going to swing by and see if I can try some things out, but everything is pointing towards the EPH-100's right now. Going to have to pick something up and go with it until I get more cash on hand. Thanks for the suggestion, but the extra ~$100 isn't for me right now.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #3,943 of 4,690
  I haven't been around this forum for very long... and I mean I love all the information I'm getting out of it.. but I hate the fact it makes me want to buy everything.. so many suggestions thrown at me all the time, and they all seem quite convincing! I've spent around $2000 I didn't really have to spend on mainly computer equipment in the past week alone, can't fork out too much more. I just found out I live decently close to Audio Technica's main U.S. office.. wondering how I didn't know that. I'm going to swing by and see if I can try some things out, but everything is pointing towards the EPH-100's right now. Going to have to pick something up and go with it until I get more cash on hand. Thanks for the suggestion, but the extra ~$100 isn't for me right now.

Having owned Yamaha EPH-100 and (currently own) Dunu DN-1000 the Dunu's are miles ahead of the Yamaha for a $200 earphone, it's really night and day difference, plus they're hybrids and hold a bass heavy signature.

DN-1000 were my best purchase of 2013 which I rate higher than Westone 4 for my preferences and instantly higher performing than TF10. I just don't want to see you spend more money to be disappointed further when you could spend that little extra and get it right. 

I'll give you a review of Dunu DN-1000 written very well by Brooko.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695577/review-dunu-dn1000-immensely-capable-hybrid-iem

Something to think about.....

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,944 of 4,690
I'll definitely give it some thought, as it will be at least a week or two before I buy anything. My main concern is with class coming up, I would like to acquire a decent portable amp (although many people say the eph-100's or dunu's dont need). I happen to be blessed with a $2000 desktop amp that has been laying around my house forever, but it's not like I can carry that cinder block around in my backpack. My main concern is well, other peoples opinions. I was so confident after reading up on them for a month that the Turbine Gold's would suffice my every current IEM need, but I either received a defective product or I was mislead. Things appeal to everybody in different ways, and I really just wish I lived in an area with a broader range of products to try out. If I go to AT's office, I'll see how that goes and probably decide from there.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #3,945 of 4,690
  I'll definitely give it some thought, as it will be at least a week or two before I buy anything. My main concern is with class coming up, I would like to acquire a decent portable amp (although many people say the eph-100's or dunu's dont need). I happen to be blessed with a $2000 desktop amp that has been laying around my house forever, but it's not like I can carry that cinder block around in my backpack. My main concern is well, other peoples opinions. I was so confident after reading up on them for a month that the Turbine Gold's would suffice my every current IEM need, but I either received a defective product or I was mislead. Things appeal to everybody in different ways, and I really just wish I lived in an area with a broader range of products to try out. If I go to AT's office, I'll see how that goes and probably decide from there.

I own Monster Turbine Copper, they do not compare with DN-1000.

I would suggest do this........

1. Recuperate from your fund loss.
2) Purchase Dunu DN-1000.

(later)

3) Look at C&C BH2 portable amplifier.

That will cost you $300 and the amp is no bigger than a credit card which runs for 80 hours a charge.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

If you add the amps "LF" (low field) switch it will give the Dunu a bass boost and increase clarity in the mid-range. For $300 USD that rig sounds far above a lot of other gear the same price range. I understand Its overwhelming at first, you've already learnt jumping in straight away can do more damage than good. I suggest you be rather selective what you read, only when you see repetitiveness (members saying the same thing) take that as 'possible truth'. As much I love Head-fi there's lots of misleading hype on some products which you've learned quickly with Turbines. Also because we cannot put expression into our comments it's hard to place a value or percentage of "just how good something is"

Goodluck. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back