Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #1,261 of 4,690

Quote:
But see, I don't really feel certain my tastes are sophisticated enough to want something like GR07; I'm afraid it would be boring compared to my more colored headphones. I was even going to low-ball my desire for the SM3 and go to the SM2. I was really impressed by my Shure SE215, in both mids and bass; the bass can be slightly muddy sometimes and the mids are missing minor details but overall I found them very likeable, whereas I've seen quite a few people who might be more "true audiophiles" express their distaste for the overall SQ of the SE215; to me, it needs more detail in the treble and tightness in the bass, but other than that it's perfect for my ears. Micro-detail in the mids would not be missed if the price was right and everything else was there. Likewise I have a pair of Phiaton MS400 which I feel lack very little with the exception of occasional sibilance and a bit of muddiness in the bass. I worry that phones like the GR07 will be too neutral for me and lack the overall quantity of bass that I want.

I'm looking at aurisonics now, which are also said to be neutral-sounding, but only because they are apparently a steal at the current price considering overall SQ, and will likely have the bass and isolation I need.

I still say give it a shot. If you don't like it, there'll be plenty of folks willing to snatch it up on the FS forums. I honestly think they're one of the best values in the iem world. I don't mean to call names, but if you notice ericp10's inventory, he's only keeping his ASG-1, 1964-Q, and GR07. He's selling everything else. I think that may offer some clue as to the high esteem he holds them in. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get them because I haven't heard any iems that compete with it as a total package.

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,262 of 4,690
Hey everyone, 

I was looking for a pair of IEM's between 100-150$ and saw these on some website. I thought they looked interesting. 

After reading this thread I'm sure I want them. I'll order them from the UK since they are almost half price compared to what I get in my country. 

I'll be getting a pair and will give one to my cousin as a gift. 

Can't wait to hear what everyone is talking about.  

Hopefully now I will be able to lay on the side in my bed while listening to music (Not really possible with the HD-650's... ) 

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,263 of 4,690
Hi davidgotsa,

Nulliverse is selling his EPH-100 here on the forum for 77 EUR. Much cheaper and I believe they are in good condition as they don't have much time. Have a look : )

Just hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #1,264 of 4,690
davidgotsa I can tell you that i have fallen asleep with these on couple of times without problem.
The laid back sound signature is really good for knocking out to with chillout easy listening tracks.

I use these IEMs for gym, commuting & lying back in bed.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,265 of 4,690
@miow  Yea, I saw that someone was selling them but I'm just gonna buy them new for 79 pounds instead. I need two pairs and since one of them is a gift I want it to be completely new. So I'll just get them both at the same time.

But I appreciate that you told me that though! :) 

@archy121   Good to know! I really missed falling asleep with some nice and relaxing music in my ears. :) 

I'll definitely come back here and tell you guys what I think once they get here! 

But these are pretty new right? When were they released? 

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,266 of 4,690
[quote name="archy121" url="/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100/1260#post_8157829".....
I use these IEMs for gym, commuting & lying back in bed. [/quote]

Hello Archie,
You say you use the EPH100 in the gym and in bed. Could you please elaborate on these two aspects, please.
Gym: do they stay put with moderate exercise (like running on a threadmill), are they in any way resistant to moisture? I understand from other reviewers that microphonics with them is almost absent. Is this true?
Bed: are they comfortable enough for having them in your ears for a few (long) hours in case you fall asleep wearing them or does one wake up with sweaty, itchy ears? What about how much they protrude from the ear (they seem pretty long to me) in case you turn your head to one side and rest on your ear?
Cheers,

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,267 of 4,690
I was going to order it from audioaffair but it seems shipping is not free :rolleyes:
And then i noticed people are dumping their pairs :rolleyes:
I might just go the FxT90 route ;:p

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #1,268 of 4,690

Quote:
I was going to order it from audioaffair but it seems shipping is not free
rolleyes.gif

And then i noticed people are dumping their pairs
rolleyes.gif

I might just go the FxT90 route ;
tongue.gif

lol

Some users always dump their iems, and buy new ones every month.
tongue.gif

I don't see myself dumping my own or buying other so early, i have $400 for hobbies right now, if I wanted to buy.

Tip: If you are not looking for something relaxing, these are not for you.

Yams people, thanks me for this track (sorry for poor kbps)....ehehehe

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,270 of 4,690
People selling their Yamahas means nothing, except that they (myself included) are always looking for more. This hobby can become expensive. It's just addicting for some of us.

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #1,272 of 4,690
Do you mind explaining what you didn't like about them? 

Quote:
Wrong. Not all people selling their Yamahas "are looking for something more" like you say you are. There have been 3 people that I know of who have sold their sets --and I'm one of them selling mine-- who did not enjoy the sonic qualities of the Yamahas. I'm personally not "looking for more", I'm looking for something else, within the same price range, that will be a backup for my EX500s

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,273 of 4,690

Quote:
Gym: do they stay put with moderate exercise (like running on a threadmill), are they in any way resistant to moisture? I understand from other reviewers that microphonics with them is almost absent. Is this true?
Bed: are they comfortable enough for having them in your ears for a few (long) hours in case you fall asleep wearing them or does one wake up with sweaty, itchy ears? What about how much they protrude from the ear (they seem pretty long to me) in case you turn your head to one side and rest on your ear?
Cheers,

In gym i have never had them fall out as the fit is firm & secure. Not sure if they have special resistance to moisture but hours of gym with them has not damaged them in any way. I think it's Huxley on this thread who also uses them for gym regularly.

Microphonics do exist but not really audible when the music is playing.

No sweaty ear issues from gym or sleeping. Unfortunately I tend to sleep on my back out of habit so can't say for sure if it would be an issue sleeping on side.
But my guess would be no as they don't protrude out much at all once inserted & as long as you are using pillows they will be fine.

Quote:
..And then i noticed people are dumping their pairs
rolleyes.gif

I might just go the FxT90 route ;
tongue.gif

If you feel they are the sound signature you are after than you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand go with FXT90 if you think it is more suited.
Its all about your music genre & the sound signature you prefer. Their are good few EPH100 v FXT90 posts in this thread that you should take a look at.

There is no MASS dumping going on so lets not scare people. According to Music4321 its three. If you have followed the thread through you will see most that have bought have been happy with there buy. I noticed a few people selling their EX600's soon after buying them for various reasons - does not mean they are bad IEM's.

Some people get bored & want to try something different, Some people just don't like the signature or fit, Some sell there IEM's & than have come back to the same IEM 2nd/3rd time round. Than there are some that just buy purely for purpose of doing a write up.

Quote:
Wrong. Not all people selling their Yamahas "are looking for something more" like you say you are. There have been 3 people that I know of who have sold their sets --and I'm one of them selling mine-- who did not enjoy the sonic qualities of the Yamahas. I'm personally not "looking for more", I'm looking for something else, within the same price range, that will be a backup for my EX500s

Most useful post.
Yes Miow forgot to mention another possibility of why someone might be selling there IEM.

I know of four that sold them.

1. Fit issues (vacuum pressure)
2. Didn't like sound signature -  bought & up for sale in few hours without long testing
3. Highly likes the IEM but wants to put money towards custom
4. Music4321 & he has given his reasons

I am very happy to keep mine for the many reasons already given. I may sell it in the future to find something bigger & better (EPH200 ??).

Additionally I'm buying another relatively more expensive IEM for a different sound signature & pure inquisitiveness.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #1,275 of 4,690

Quote:
I felt they didn't belong in this thread after what I had seen going on.

Come on mate you were a big part of the 'going on' & are still at it. Pot & Kettle scenario.

BTW what happened to that new separate EPH100 'Appreciation' thread you attempted to start ?

I know you originally posted your impressions in it & soon after the whole thread got mysteriously deleted.

I'm sure it would have been really wonderful thread with you as the mod. Shame.

I will continue to pop in & out of thread in case i can help someone answer their questions. Very useful to have the IEM's at hand to do this. 

I guess you will continue to do the same even after you have sold yours off.

I think i will have a go sleeping on my side tonight just to test out for Virco any potential discomfort issues

Pack21 I love Stevie Wonder - Innervisions is possibly my number one album of all time. Absolutely love it on my HiFi rig.

Going to check your suggested track out later but only when i have dug out the Hotter Than July album.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back