Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,276 of 4,690
Hope to get a pair for GBP63 (used)
biggrin.gif
Itching to do something with the treble when
I get it. EPH-100 and FXT90 I think is the best route for me now
biggrin.gif

I think we're on the same boat. Sold my SM2 and staying away from GR07. Reading on Aurisonics...
Quote:
But see, I don't really feel certain my tastes are sophisticated enough to want something like GR07; I'm afraid it would be boring compared to my more colored headphones. I was even going to low-ball my desire for the SM3 and go to the SM2. I was really impressed by my Shure SE215, in both mids and bass; the bass can be slightly muddy sometimes and the mids are missing minor details but overall I found them very likeable, whereas I've seen quite a few people who might be more "true audiophiles" express their distaste for the overall SQ of the SE215; to me, it needs more detail in the treble and tightness in the bass, but other than that it's perfect for my ears. Micro-detail in the mids would not be missed if the price was right and everything else was there. Likewise I have a pair of Phiaton MS400 which I feel lack very little with the exception of occasional sibilance and a bit of muddiness in the bass. I worry that phones like the GR07 will be too neutral for me and lack the overall quantity of bass that I want.

I'm looking at aurisonics now, which are also said to be neutral-sounding, but only because they are apparently a steal at the current price considering overall SQ, and will likely have the bass and isolation I need.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #1,283 of 4,690

Quote:
One question: I have really really small ears, do you think that i can get nice comfort from these?

I'm sure yes, because they have 5 differents sizes, and the smaller are extremely thin, almost the thickness of the drive.

So I can even walk with two sizes, but they provide different SQ.

Feb 19, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #1,285 of 4,690

Quote:

That's a result !

Happy to hear  that pack21 after all you have been through in getting your phones.

Best thing is if you already like them this much, wait till you get to 100+ hours
wink_face.gif

Cheers James.

I reaches today 100 hours (Using Isotek overnight).

I understand now what you wanted to say. Everything has been improved. Thanks. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #1,286 of 4,690

[size=13.0pt]Hey [color=#152287]archy121[/color][/size]

[size=13.0pt]You seem to be up now (and online).[/size]
[size=13.0pt]Have u succeeded at all to override your sleeping on the back habit and give my concern about how the EPH100 feels when you sleep on your side a go? Feedback would be much appreciated.[/size]
[size=13.0pt]Cheers,[/size]

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #1,287 of 4,690

Quote:
 Hey man, saw you in youtube. Good looking. lol :p

wink wink nudge nudge - here's my number: 

Yes 4 numbers.

:D

Quote:

[size=13.0pt]Have u succeeded at all to override your sleeping on the back habit and give my concern about how the EPH100 feels when you sleep on your side a go? Feedback would be much appreciated.[/size]

hehe -> I doubt they would be comfortable, but that might just be my bad assumption of their design...

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,288 of 4,690
Well, that's exactly behind me asking someone who said sleeps with them on, not wanting to go on assumptions 
tongue_smile.gif

By looking at them I would also say they could be rather uncomfortable, but hey, nothing beats actual empirical experience. Granted we all have different ears and what could be unpleasant for one might very well be perfectly acceptable for someone else, but short of trying them on myself asking current users is the best I can do.
Last night I fell asleep while wearing the HF5 and at some point it became so unpleasant I woke up and removed them, and you wouldn't say that by looking at the design of the Etys.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,289 of 4,690

Quote:
Well, that's exactly behind me asking someone who said sleeps with them on, not wanting to go on assumptions 
tongue_smile.gif

By looking at them I would also say they could be rather uncomfortable, but hey, nothing beats actual empirical experience. Granted we all have different ears and what could be unpleasant for one might very well be perfectly acceptable for someone else, but short of trying them on myself asking current users is the best I can do.
Last night I fell asleep while wearing the HF5 and at some point it became so unpleasant I woke up and removed them, and you wouldn't say that by looking at the design of the Etys.

true - i wonder myself how some are.

I know for a fact that most of the ones I've ever owned are uncomfortable.
Apart from the CX400/CX500's though.

The Image X10's and as you said the HF's are the only others that I felt "these would be good to sleep on"

These earphones remind me somewhat of how "out" the Sony EX500's were.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #1,290 of 4,690

Quote:

Virco, just for you i tried lying sidewards with head on pillows  - no discomfort.

Although i only managed about 15 minutes before slipping back to my normal comfortable position on back - sorry. But if they were uncomfortable it would have been the case pretty much straight away.

So as long as you have pillows you will be ok. PM Huxley if you want his opinion on gym use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back