Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #917 of 4,690

Quote:
I would love to hear those 1xbs some day, but I wont spend the money for them
tongue.gif

well if you pay me postage there and back - you can demo the 1v and/or the 1xb's

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #918 of 4,690

Quote:
Still waiting for mine...... uggghhhhh........... they only JUST got prepared for being sent overseas.... man, the wait sucks.

I was counting mine today but didn't come.
frown.gif

No pain no gain.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #919 of 4,690
Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the pond :p so shipping both ways would be around half the cost of the phones themselves. However if you were willing to do a loaner tour to allow splitting of the cost 5 ways or so, I would definitely contribute. I understand if you're not willing to risk your babies like that though :p
well if you pay me postage there and back - you can demo the 1v and/or the 1xb's

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #920 of 4,690
Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the pond :p so shipping both ways would be around half the cost of the phones themselves. However if you were willing to do a loaner tour to allow splitting of the cost 5 ways or so, I would definitely contribute. I understand if you're not willing to risk your babies like that though :p

I would do that only for the 1v's, i use my 1xb's so much, they are my main earphones :)

And i wouldn't contribute to shipping either, I'm the one providing the earphones for free for Pete sake lol.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #921 of 4,690
Let me know if anyone is interested in trading tips.

I am willing to trade all my tips sized between the smallest and largest for your largest tri-flange tips only.

In another words all my tips except the smallest and the largest sizes can be exchanged for just one pair of your tri-flange largest tips.

Edit: Prefer trade with those in the States.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #922 of 4,690
I would do that only for the 1v's, i use my 1xb's so much, they are my main earphones :)
And i wouldn't contribute to shipping either, I'm the one providing the earphones for free for Pete sake lol.

Personally I wouldn't expect you to :p but it doesn't make sense for me alone to do it so if we can get other people in the US onboard it might he feasible. I don't have any interest in the 1VS though, but thanks for the offer :) Who knows, maybe someone in the US will buy the 1XBs and put them out on tour...

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #923 of 4,690
For those who highly value Joker's review and opinions as I do, he just added his review on the EX600 a couple days ago. He speaks highly of the EX600 in comparison to the EX1000.

I still recommend the EX600 over the EPH100 for SQ and build quality to the new buyers (in the States) since both can be bought for the same price.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #925 of 4,690

Quote:

Quote:
Joker if you ever have a chance you should checkout the Yamaha EPH-100's, they are really, really good and have some BA qualities like in how detailed they are.  The bass is so very nice with good depth, punch and an over all smooth texture.  I'm truly shocked at how good they sound and the fact that there only $115 to $150 depending on where you get them is a fantastic deal and so far the best bang for buck IEM I've heard.

Quote:

The Yamahas seem interesting - their lower-end models are not terrible but clearly tuned for a mainstream sound. The EPH-100 certainly seems different. I take it you would put them above the FXT90s.

Originally Posted by jiff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea I think they sound a bit better than the FXT90's.  They have more detail and better bass in quality and quantity, also the mids are one of the best I've heard in a under $200 IEM.  

I liked what I heard here. And best of all, it wasn't the first time.

Thx jiff.

biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #928 of 4,690
Quote:
I still recommend the EX600 over the EPH100 for SQ and build quality to the new buyers (in the States) since both can be bought for the same price.

As you don't personally own a pair of EPH100's or listen with it on regular basis like your son, most will find his opinion more useful:

Quote:
lostid said:

My son opened the package and tried the EPH-100 before I got home from work.

I asked him to rate the IEM's and here is his rating:

Build quality: 9/10
Sound quality: 9/10
Fit: 6/10
Isolation: 8/10

Quote:
Personally I think it would come down to the buyer's preferred sig: the EPH100 have more bass and the EX600 lean toward the upper end.

Agreed.

But I would not want anyone new reading to see this as the only main difference in sound signature.
The key difference lies in excellent separation (lending to 3d like albeit smaller sound stage) of EPH100 which I believe to be its outstanding strength.
Without this the EPH100 is not so special.

@ Totally Dubbed    
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #930 of 4,690

Quote:
So back on topic.

How is the build quality?
How is the isolation & seal (compared to other IEM's you have heard)

Is there any microphonics?

Noob questions possibly, and a little ignorance from my side, I apologies in advance :D!

@Dubbed,

Build quality is great in my book. The metal housing is solid. A couple of weeks into having it, and the housing has not scratched nor has the lettering faded. Isolation is amazing. The only iems I remember that isolates as well are of the Shure family. Microphonics are there, but nonexistent when music is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back