Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Nov 6, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #46 of 856
Guys, bad news: I looked through the old thread and found a rather disturbing number of shill posters from T***deal and other sites. For this thread to continue to operate I'm going to require that you guys report any new posters that post a site, link or otherwise, that they can be bought from. Note that T***deal and ibg (name abbreviated) are now blacklisted due to the number of shill posters from both those companies. If this thread ends up like the last one, I'll have to close or delete it. So, basically, any new member (< 10 posts) posts that they bought them from those two sites or any other, please report the post and we'll check if it is legit or not.
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #47 of 856
  Guys, bad news: I looked through the old thread and found a rather disturbing number of shill posters from T***deal and other sites. For this thread to continue to operate I'm going to require that you guys report any new posters that post a site, link or otherwise, that they can be bought from. Note that T***deal and ibg (name abbreviated) are now blacklisted due to the number of shill posters from both those companies. If this thread ends up like the last one, I'll have to close or delete it. So, basically, any new member (< 10 posts) posts that they bought them from those two sites or any other, please report the post and we'll check if it is legit or not.
smile.gif

Wait, so to clarify, only these new members who post links to the site will be banned? And not those who are long-time members of the site? Because I recall on the Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 that a lot of long-time users have posted links and/or said that the sellers are indeed legitimate sites to purchase the Pistons from.

Whatever the case, thanks for the heads-up. We'll keep an eye out.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #48 of 856
I think they'll be investigated first and not outright banned. But yeah, thanks for the heads-up. Fake Pistons 2 and 3 are everywhere in online shopping sites and forums.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #49 of 856
  I think they'll be investigated first and not outright banned. But yeah, thanks for the heads-up. Fake Pistons 2 and 3 are everywhere in online shopping sites and forums.

Yep -- and with more sellers popping up, it's going to be a tough challenge separating the proverbial wheat from the chaff, and an even tougher challenge speading the message to whoever is looking to buy. I swear, the Chinese market is one crazy place.

What perplexes me, though, is why the aforementioned sellers would do such a thing when it has already been established on the 2.0 threads that they do indeed sell genuine products. I guess we'll never really know, but for now, I'm going to try to recompile the list of sellers we've identified over the old Pistons threads and revise them as necessary. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #50 of 856
I deleted the old links. If a regular member posts a link to a blacklisted site, we send them a PM to notify them and edit or delete the post as appropriate.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #52 of 856

As @slowpickr has already pointed out, it is a single dynamic + single BA, so two drivers in all.

From where do we know it's only 1+1? Semi officials announcement in english I found talk about 3 drivers and three way.

http://en.miui.com/thread-180183-1-1.html

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 6, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #53 of 856
I visited the Xiaomi site through Google's translator and found this odd regarding the ear tips:

"choice of the nipple-grade silicone material"

Hmm 
duggehsmile.png

There is apparently an app by Xiaomi that can "smartly" burn-in these headphones as well. Should be an excellent value based on the marketing materials.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #54 of 856

As @slowpickr has already pointed out, it is a single dynamic + single BA, so two drivers in all.

From where do we know it's only 1+1? Semi officials announcement in english I found talk about 3 drivers and three way.

http://en.miui.com/thread-180183-1-1.html

Well, if you look at the main product page, you see this right up front: 
动圈+动铁 双发声单元

This translates to "moving coil (dynamic) + moving iron (BA) dual sound unit".

The driver diagram also shown on the OP also implies only two drivers.

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #57 of 856
I didn't know IBG was banned; I bought from them before and had a pleasant transaction.  What is the T**** site that is banned?  Is there a list of banned vendors?

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #58 of 856
Very interesting! I haven't tried hybrids before mainly because I never liked the look of any of them and they weren't that cheap for the well reviewed ones but at this price I'm willing to try them out, even if I don't like the look of them. Not to mention I'm a bit of a Xiaomi fanboy too. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #59 of 856
  I didn't know IBG was banned; I bought from them before and had a pleasant transaction.  What is the T**** site that is banned?  Is there a list of banned vendors?

IBG has actually only just been banned due to shill posts from accounts made by IBG employees according to Currawong. Despite them being a supposedly legit seller, there's really not much we can do about it if they're going to take such actions which breaks forum rules.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #60 of 856
  IBG has actually only just been banned due to shill posts from accounts made by IBG employees according to Currawong. Despite them being a supposedly legit seller, there's really not much we can do about it if they're going to take such actions which breaks forum rules.

cool.gif
Thanx for the Clarification TBGuy. I was just about to ask Currawong that exact question, as I ordered these from IBG. I will keep ALL posted how this transaction transpires, Good or Bad.

Right now my order Status is Paid and apparently waiting for release date to be shipped. IBG Does denote that this is a PRE ORDER.

We shall see....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back