XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #3,977 of 5,194
I have found (sort of) replacement battery for my Xduoo.
I bought it here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shun-core-2000mAh-633562-3-7V-CLthium-polymer-battery-603560-car-phone-smart-home/32691873075.html

What you get is shown in this picture (original battery on the top, replacement battery at the bottom):

Battery comes with JST XH 2-pin connector (not shown in the photo) which is of course too big (2.50 mm pin-to-pin pitch).
You have to replace it with JST ZH 2-pin connector (1.50 mm pin-to-pin pitch).
More about JST connectors:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JST_connector 

My original battery (bought October 2015) has no description so it's probably 1500mAh.
New battery claims 2000mAh but just looking at its size it is hard to belive that it's true.
I had about 7.5h playing time on the original battery, and first test showed 7h playing time on the replacement battery.
So definitely it is not an improvement over the original 1500mAh battery (barely a replacement).
But if your battery failed and you have no battery - it is worth considering.
I have done a single test till now, so ymmv.    

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #3,979 of 5,194
I agree with the positive listening impressions of both pinoyman and ambchang.  Especially this bit:

Excellent details without being too clinical, couple that with spacious soundstage and good lows. And paint it with the smoothness of midrange and behave treble, thats what the XDUUO X3

I tend to always seek a razor flat frequency response and a detailed sound.  That can sometimes border on clinical.  But the X3 achieves it while sounding natural and exciting.  I'd say it is brutally revealing--quite unforgiving with poorly-recorded material.  You'll hear every little thing.  On the flipside, it makes great music sound great.  What I think this player does better than any other DAP I've heard is the ultra-quick transient response.  With a short percussive sound like a rimshot, the sound jumps out at the listener, lightning fast, and then disappears just as quickly into a super black background.  This gives the impression of space around each instrument...like the opposite of muddiness.  On a longer sound, like an instrument with reverb, the reverb tails are stunningly clear as they fade into black.  Love it.

I got the XDuoo X3 a few weeks back, and as mentioned in the post above, there are really no grips of the sound given the price.  I came from using the Red Wine Audio iMod, which was supposed to e a great sounding DAP back in the day, but I can clearly tell the difference in the two the second I heard the X3.

Interesting.  I switched to the X3 from the same iPod as you, I believe.  The Video 5.5 Gen, which I Rockboxed.  I didn't hear about the Red Wine mod until after Vinnie quit offering it.  I considered attempting the mod myself until I got the X3, and now I feel like the iPod is just obsolete.  Whenever i switch back, I hear more warmth, but at the cost of clarity.  To me, the iPod sounds muddy and very one-dimensional in comparison.  How would you compare the two?

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,982 of 5,194
Interesting.  I switched to the X3 from the same iPod as you, I believe.  The Video 5.5 Gen, which I Rockboxed.  I didn't hear about the Red Wine mod until after Vinnie quit offering it.  I considered attempting the mod myself until I got the X3, and now I feel like the iPod is just obsolete.  Whenever i switch back, I hear more warmth, but at the cost of clarity.  To me, the iPod sounds muddy and very one-dimensional in comparison.  How would you compare the two?

Mine is based off of memory, as i bought my X3 after the iMod died, but the difference is pretty clear.  The clarity with the X3 was just a step above.  I don't recall that warmth (in the positive sense) from the iMod, I just felt that it was muddier and not as clear, and the bass impact wasn't as strong and powerful as the X3.

I have always had the iPod G4, and I can't tell much of a difference between the iPod G4 and the RWA iMod 5.5.  I felt the mod didn't offer as much as I thought.

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #3,983 of 5,194
If anyone was interested I made a thread for the X10 which I will continually update and of course post impressions once my unit arrives.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823135/upcoming-dap-from-xduoo-the-x10

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,985 of 5,194
How much is the xduoo x10

on the other thread it said about 150usd.

with the x3 rockboxed is the FM radio works? and can you create a playlist like in windows media and be read by it? or any other program that can create a playlist be read by rockbox?

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #3,988 of 5,194
  Mine is based off of memory, as i bought my X3 after the iMod died, but the difference is pretty clear.  The clarity with the X3 was just a step above.  I don't recall that warmth (in the positive sense) from the iMod, I just felt that it was muddier and not as clear, and the bass impact wasn't as strong and powerful as the X3.

I have always had the iPod G4, and I can't tell much of a difference between the iPod G4 and the RWA iMod 5.5.  I felt the mod didn't offer as much as I thought.

Yeah, the X3 dishes out great bass--deep extension with speed and accuracy.   I notice that too.  Glad I didn't swap the caps in my iPod.

with the x3 rockboxed is the FM radio works? and can you create a playlist like in windows media and be read by it? or any other program that can create a playlist be read by rockbox?

I could be wrong,but I don't believe Rockbox supports radio.  I didn't even know that the X3's native firmware did.  But yes, Rockbox supports playlists, and quite well.  I always use m3u format.  You can create one in Windows Media or VLC or whatever, and just save the file somewhere on your X3.  It will show up in the Rockbox file browser.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,989 of 5,194
  Found this on google myself: XDUX3RU
Ends up being $72.99

Thank you!

What's the latest on the pitch issues with the X3 that I see in early posts on this thread? Have those been fixed? I tried searching the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back