XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Sep 29, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #3,961 of 5,194
I've been try to find them in the rock box settings and for the life of me can't find it.

I don't think the cs4398 actually has the hardware to adjust gain, so I suspect that all that setting does is adjust the maximum volume limit in software.

I could be wrong though, I haven't looked at the firmware to see what it does.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #3,963 of 5,194
I think The x3 sound no so good with flc8s.
Unfortunately I can not find a player that gives the sound quality and details like my old iRiver U10 mp3. I sold the Couwn c2 and dx50 and now I am thinking of selling the Xduoo X3. But I want to give more time before sell it because i like the wide sound of x3.

If i Burn in the x3 i get a better sonde after?
didn't try the Fiio x3ii? For me, after trying XUELIN, xduoo, COWON, creative the fiio are the most detailed, stable and low back noise by far. With very sensible multi BA iem and hybrid the fiio x3ii is very balanced and, in high gain, have enough power to move relative big cans.

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,964 of 5,194
Maybe you should save a little bit more money and buy a Xduoo XD-05. Priced $153 on gearbest.

P.D: I'm waiting for PM4 too.

The XD-05 is an Amp-Dac not digital player.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #3,966 of 5,194
Xduuo x3
Credit to: @brian ganchua for lending me his unit for the purpose of this review

Pros
Basic and straightforward menu
2 MMC slots
Clean sounding
Black background
Spacious soundstage
Detailed sound
Best dap in its price bracket, even beyond its asking price
Bold color and discreet looks
Line out
Lightweight
Desirable daily beater dap
Cheapest ticket to introduce you to hifi
Simple UI that works

Cons
Old style led screen
Not colored, no coverart
Aluminum front and sides, but back and buttons is made of plastic.
The design of the facia is dust magnet
No music or library organizer

The Xduuo X3 is very popular as a budgetfi dap here in our country. One of the reason why FITEAR also manages to rebrand it for its company as their main choice.

It has a hint of pitch black background. It retains musicality without loosing details from being too thick on mids. The sound reminds me of the famous dac amp - MOJO. Less the push, less the micro details and midbass. They share similarities in warmth.

Ill start this review with the use of my TG334 by FITEAR as my reference iem.

The lows is detailed, fast and accurate but less the fun factor and midbass you hear from MOJO. Never boomy nor loose no matter what genre. It compliments well with the rest of the frequency.

The midrange is articulate and open. This is the big picture in the signature. There is no feeling youre too close or too narrow. moves freely to its space. Its lush and never thick. With the right amount of smoothness to like it easily.

Treble part has a right amount of sparkle in it. To bring out life to instruments and vocals. Not extended though. Its like playing safe, to stay away from harshness. I can say its well controlled for fatigue free-long listening sessions.

My hunch is the tamed treble may be the culprit to some micro detail's veil.

The separation is excellent for its price. Soundstage is wide and spacious. Its one thing you will notice. But not too much 3d-like like the ADR. More spacious than that of AIGO's.

There are times when im having a doubt if what im testing here is from an iem, that terribly good!

My only gripe, personally, is its push and attack. Its a little on the soft side. (Add the +6db option to remedy softness) It lacks that powerful amp section which is present in the AIGO 105. You will have to increase the volume to get the perfect push, that thing you enjoy in the music.

UPDATE:
I was informed by mr. bryan ganchua about this:

Theres a hidden option on the option button when playing back music, theres a +6db additional for the volume. I was trully became more impressed when i pushed play WHAT CAN I DO song by THE CORRS. I was blown away! It brings out that lossed pushed and impact i wanted to hear. Those i felt lacking just pop out of thr blue. It felt like this one has been a new level of XDUOO i once reviewed in the previous days.

Adding that +6db will give you more balanced treble and bass. It will increase impact, push and attack. That softness will diminish instantly.

Compared to my usb dac amp, ADR, the sound is less thicker but more cleaner, a more on micro details, same black background and more 3d. More open sounding, instruments shine on their own right. I can hear the ADR is more spacious than XDUOO. But thats not to say the XDUOO is bad, its really competitive as a good dap.

When i changed iem, from FITEAR to INEAR Stagediver SD2S, the signature compensates a little in the treble area. It gives more life than what ive experience in TG334. However, i still feel that softness in the attacks. (This softness is gone with the additional +6db option)

UI is straighforward and basic, not confusing to use like the AIGO 105, no delay in UI. Its polished and very easy to use.

No library organizer. You will have to browse by folder. No artists, songs, or album browsing.

Two MMC slots! Yay!

This is your cheapest ticket to HIFI. It will provide you good sound, good build and useful, functioning UI.

The Xduuo x3 is smooth, warm and clean sounding dap.

I just wish they provided a more powerful amp for this so that the push and attack in music is more present and not softly presented. (Add +6db option to remedy the softness)

But aside from it, ill consider buying myself one. Its one of the best daps ive heard next to AUNE M2S. It may not be as organic and as natural to the level of AUNE M2S, but smoothness is similar to the MOJO's.

The FITEAR TG334 and XDUOO combo provided good synergy. Its like you can touch the music, its organic and natural at the same time, I loved the outcome. That good timbre! Ugh!

The XDUOO has more PROS than CONS. It has proved to be a good instrument to enjoy your music better.

Excellent details without being too clinical, couple that with spacious soundstage and good lows. And paint it with the smoothness of midrange and behave treble, thats what the XDUUO X3 is capable and is all about.

What i experienced with the XDUOO is really something memorable, it is something to write about. I never thought such dap existed for its price. Id definitely recommed it to anyone, Audiophiles or Newbies alike. This kind of sig is what i personally prefer, its more worthy than its asking price. Its really a pleasure trying it, I really enjoyed my time with it.

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #3,967 of 5,194
I got the XDuoo X3 a few weeks back, and as mentioned in the post above, there are really no grips of the sound given the price.  I came from using the Red Wine Audio iMod, which was supposed to e a great sounding DAP back in the day, but I can clearly tell the difference in the two the second I heard the X3.

The treble is not overly crisp or sparkly, but the mids are smooth and organic, while the bass is full and precise.  The navigation is quite bad, especially given that it had that split second delay, and that the DAP is supposed to be able to handle 256GB of music.  I immediately rockboxed it, and navigation became a lot more useful, but the battery life is absolutely appalling.  I get between 5 to 6 hours of music from each charge, and it takes forever to charge from empty as well.

I also had the volume at max at all times, line out to a Meier audio Stepdance.  It drives my Tralucent 1P2 perfectly, and also my all aluminum Magnum v4 very well.  The Magnums bright nature actually compliments the X3 very well.  I have not tried the HE500 with it, and didn't like the sounding from my SE535 from the combo.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #3,969 of 5,194
Silver black and gold. I have the black.

Someone reported that the gold wears off to silver after some use.

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #3,970 of 5,194
Stumbled upon a russian forum where several people were stating xduoo x3 performs very poor when paired with hybrid or armature iems ( sound becomes harsh, fatiguing etc)? If this is the case I think I'll pass it up.
Can someone of you confirm this?

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #3,971 of 5,194
Stumbled upon a russian forum where several people were stating xduoo x3 performs very poor when paired with hybrid or armature iems ( sound becomes harsh, fatiguing etc)? If this is the case I think I'll pass it up.

It can sound very thin when paired with Beyers, yet quite authoritative with darker phones like Senns. So, yes it is kind of chameleon and needs a careful matching.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #3,972 of 5,194
Thanks for replay. I have Trinity Phntom 4 on pre-order. I don't know how they will sound like (but certainly not dark), and no idea how well they will go with X3..
I think the safest choice for my first dap would be IHIFI 770c after all.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #3,973 of 5,194

Xduoo X3 with low gain setting works fine with hybrid iems.

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3,974 of 5,194

On the contrary, I get a very good non-fatiguing sound from my TripleFi armature I.E.M.s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back