XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 27, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #4,008 of 5,194
Gapless play does not work with the stock firmware. Rockbox is the only way to solve all the problems. Xduoo is working on their x10 model to be released soon. Most believe that they will not update this one but who knows...

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #4,010 of 5,194

Or only play mp3 files, or convert all songs to 48kHz...

Rockbox is the 'only' way to go.

So the pitch is only an issue with lossless?

Just not a big fan of RB is all

Surely Xduoo have plans to sort?

The pitch issue applies to any 44.1k (and 88.2) file. 

Xduoo seem to be doing exactly what I first said they would do. They are plugging their ears and cracking on with a new model they can crow about.

More fool anyone who falls for it again. It may not be a pitch issue next time, but whatever they fail to get right out of the gate, will almost certainly never be sorted out. They have fully displayed their working philosophy to those of us who notice these things. I really don't care how great the X10 turns out to be sound wise, I will not invest in an Xduoo product ever again.

Big massive FAIL.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #4,011 of 5,194
Gapless play does not work with the stock firmware. Rockbox is the only way to solve all the problems. Xduoo is working on their x10 model to be released soon. Most believe that they will not update this one but who knows...

Rockbox doesn't solve all problems. It doesn't play hi res files as hi res. It doesn't play DSD files at all.

It's stuck in time trap.

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #4,012 of 5,194
   Rockbox doesn't solve all problems. It doesn't play hi res files as hi res. It doesn't play DSD files at all.

It's stuck in time trap.

That is true.  I should not have said "all."  Because I only play Flac and some MP3s  it did solve all my problems.  I know it down samples the 24bit.  I do have some 24bit on my PC but am not really interested in putting such huge files on my player.  For me it has been a solid little player. I rockboxed it the day I got it.  I will be interested in the x10 when it appears if the stock firmware has addressed all the x3  problems. I would still keep this one.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,013 of 5,194

It freezes quite a bit for me too.

I noticed that it freezes more often when I am low on battery, but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

It may also be that my SD cards aren't fast enough.  They are Kingston 128GB class 10s.

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #4,014 of 5,194

I wrote to Xduoo multiple times, I finally got a cryptic answer from Facebook.
'Better not to update'
my take is they are washing their hands of the X3, figured that Rockbox fixed their problems and as stated
off to their latest and greatest venture.
I for one will not be supporting Xduoo in the future they have absolutely no interest in either their customers
or supporting their products.
I've had no issues with freezing since rockboxing the X3.

Try Mayall's The Turning Point, sounds really good through Rockboxed X3.

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #4,015 of 5,194
  Try Mayall's The Turning Point, sounds really good through Rockboxed X3.

I haven't had the chance to listen to that with the X3 yet, but out of my laptop(tidal)>zuperdac(dac)>c&cbh(amp)>nighthawks, that's sounding rather awesome!

John Mayall was never really on my radar before. Thanks for rectifying that :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,016 of 5,194
I haven't had the chance to listen to that with the X3 yet, but out of my laptop(tidal)>zuperdac(dac)>c&cbh(amp)>nighthawks, that's sounding rather awesome!

John Mayall was never really on my radar before. Thanks for rectifying that :)

John Mayall is the Godfather of the Brit blues (crown hold by Alexis Korner according to some sources)... If you check his bands (starting with J.M. & the Bluesbreakers) you'll find a real 'Who's Who' of blues & rock luminaries from both sides of the Atlantic... mentioning just a few: Peter Green, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Harvey Mandel, Coco Montoya...

But hey... where are we heading to? Founding a sub-thread called 'Must-Listen Music on XDUOO X3' (or on any device able of music playing)...? :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #4,017 of 5,194
Is it normal Gearbest showing the shipping date 2 weeks from now? Our X3 is like that...

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #4,018 of 5,194
John Mayall is the Godfather of the Brit blues (crown hold by Alexis Korner according to some sources)... If you check his bands (starting with J.M. & the Bluesbreakers) you'll find a real 'Who's Who' of blues & rock luminaries from both sides of the Atlantic... mentioning just a few: Peter Green, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Harvey Mandel, Coco Montoya...

But hey... where are we heading to? Founding a sub-thread called 'Must-Listen Music on XDUOO X3' (or on any device able of music playing)...?
smily_headphones1.gif

and a few other minor guitar slingers like JImmy Page, Jeff Beck...
So if we're branching out into must listen to music I'd suggest Roy Buchannan, Gary Moore if you like blues....
Really I'm beginning to think the CS4398 chip does magic with some types of music.I'm especially impressed with small live recordings (Eva Cassidy Nightbird , Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions). I'm finding that carries to other DAPS using the chip 
I love the sound from the X3, just hate the poor response we've gotten from the company.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #4,019 of 5,194
Ok, bought the x3, paid 88usd. First impression on Unique Melody Miracle, sounds better than my (original) fiio x5. Still on original fw 1.1. Until now, don't see (hear) need to rockbox. Played by folder on x5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back