XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 4, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,851 of 5,194
  So I should install the update to stock from vortex site ?

NO.  Follow what I outlined above in post #2843 with your X3 in the xDuoo X3 mode and not in Rockbox.  (Slide the lock switch on the left side, etc.).

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #2,852 of 5,194

Not sure if that's such a deal considering a lot of us got the x3 for $88 last week during the Ali anniversary sale. And their normal price is around 90-110. Heck even Amazon w/ two day shipping is $120

Right now it isn't. Yesterday it was 110$ for both...I should write it up too.
Anyway, yeah, the real deal is for Heafier here and it is still going on at 88$!
Just write to Teresa from HCK everyone. I'm waiting for her to send me the deal wich she confirm still going on.

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #2,854 of 5,194
  Ok I will do that and thanks again for the help.

The main reason is that because Rockbox views mSD1 as internal and mSD2 as external, file management is somewhat problematic.  Best bet is simply to handle things (moving music files/folders, etc.) in the xDuoo X3 mode where both mSd cards will appear as storage devices when the DAP is connected to your computer.   Same with charging (at least for now).  It's simply easier to do in the factory mode.  So why not have the factory firmware up-to-date? After all the Rockbox port offers this dual boot capability too so that you can use either mode. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,855 of 5,194
Still having issues with one of my Micro SD cards. Both in xduoo shell as in Rockbox one of them skips and glitches away... I guess it doesn't handle flac files right. When I have my pc up and running again, I'll check with crystal mark tool...

Apr 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #2,856 of 5,194
Still having issues with one of my Micro SD cards. Both in xduoo shell as in Rockbox one of them skips and glitches away... I guess it doesn't handle flac files right. When I have my pc up and running again, I'll check with crystal mark tool...

Bet it's the mSD and not the X3.  Both my 128Gb mSDs are loaded with FLAC files and I'm having no problems at all.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,859 of 5,194
Rockbox update version

770857a-160405

is out. Anyone know what is the update notes?

By the way, can anyone still boot back to their original Xduoo firmware by following Vortex's manual of turn the "HOLD" switch on?

I did that, but now I am not able to boot up the Xduoo X3 firmware. Instead, I just get a blank screen and I am forced to press the reset button with a pin to boot it in RB.

Anyone encountering such issues?

EDIT:

Tried turnign the "HOLD" switch on and off while in RB Mode and the switch has become a sort of an on off switch. If I turn the HOLD button on, it will turn of the screen of the X3.

If I turn the HOLD button off, it will turn on the screen of the X3

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2,860 of 5,194
  Rockbox update version

770857a-160405

By the way, can anyone still boot back to their original Xduoo firmware by following Vortex's manual of turn the "HOLD" switch on?

I did that, but now I am not able to boot up the Xduoo X3 firmware. Instead, I just get a blank screen and I am forced to press the reset button with a pin to boot it in RB.

EDIT:

Tried turnign the "HOLD" switch on and off while in RB Mode and the switch has become a sort of an on off switch. If I turn the HOLD button on, it will turn of the screen of the X3.

My x3 is working fine with the latest update (770857a-160405). Boot into stock firmware without any issue. You need to turn on Back-light during HOLD in the setting>general setting>Display.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #2,861 of 5,194
  My x3 is working fine with the latest update (770857a-160405). Boot into stock firmware without any issue. You need to turn on Back-light during HOLD in the setting>general setting>Display.

Thank for the tip for the hold switch. 
After contacting Vortex, seems like I have a bad bootloader and I need to manually reflash my X3.
Guess I will hold of that now seeing as I have no access to a WIN 7 or XP computer.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #2,863 of 5,194
Thanks for the update.  Where are you g
  Rockbox update version

770857a-160405

EDIT:

Thanks for the update, I just copied the file directory over the old one and it seemed to work.  Where are you getting these updates I cant seem to find the x3 on the rockbox website.
cheers

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,865 of 5,194
Guys don't forget XVortex isn't the official Rockbox team. He's doing this as a hobby and is nice enough to release his port to the public, so don't be too hard on him!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Personally @XVortex if i'm ever in your neck of the woods I'm buying you a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back