xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 21, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #1,457 of 2,087

fiio X1 vs xduoo X2   it ws mentioned in the posts above but you're right I can't really ask for details and then just don't do it. ^_^

Tested with not easy to drive old Beyers - 40 ohm, only 86 db - FiiO sounds much louder. Both X1 and X2 set on 50%, FiiO was without doubt more powerful. 

yeah but 50% doesn't mean anything, we don't know what volume incrementation they use(well we know from headphoniaks, but if we doubt their max loudness no reason to trust another graph).
-ideally you could use one of those old volume control cables

so that you can max out the volume of the DAPs and lower it back down with this, without destroying your IEM and your ears.

-or have some hard to drive fullsize headphone where it's not really loud when used at full volume setting.

-or measure the voltage output with a multimeter while using a given load.

-or create a very attenuated track, in audacity. you open a song in audacity, completely on the left you have a slider with + - (for the gain) and another with L R (for the balance). just move the gain to maybe -30db and "export" the track. just like that, the track should now be 30db quieter, allowing you to push it on the DAPs to the max without it being to loud.

but don't go blowing your gears/ears up just to do a test for me, it's not worth it.

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,458 of 2,087

yeah but 50% doesn't mean anything, we don't know what volume incrementation they use(well we know from headphoniaks, but if we doubt their max loudness no reason to trust another graph).
-ideally you could use one of those old volume control cables

so that you can max out the volume of the DAPs and lower it back down with this, without destroying your IEM and your ears.

Wouldn't it be not the same to use an external amp, like topping nx1 with the volume on both units turned to max? 

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,459 of 2,087
oh yes it would work fine, lol I go for the most complicated things ^_^.

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,460 of 2,087
  oh yes it would work fine, lol I go for the most complicated things ^_^.

OK, found an even less complicated way, using Sennheiser PX200II, with a built-in analogue volume control
smily_headphones1.gif
. Both players turned to max, Senns attenuated, and the final verdict: X1 goes louder. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,461 of 2,087
ok DJScope it's now 4 against 1. and now I also have a DJ on my side!!!! ^_^

out of curiosity what FW version are you guys running. that's really the only "maybe" thing I can think of right now with EQ off on both.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,462 of 2,087
  anybody else with both DAPs who could try please? edit: fiio X1 vs xduoo X2

Sold my X1 and still waiting for my X2 , but i can do that - i was using my cousin's X2 for a few days.
Buid quality and battery life - X1 for sure , soundwise - X2 all the way.Also X2 is much louder than X1-if that's important to you.
One more thing - for whatever reason X1 and my Beoplay h6 were not a happy couple at all-with or without extra AMP.Heavy bass hip-hop , funk or asid jazz+X1+Beoplay h6=SUPER BIG NO-NO - unreal hiss and stuttering every time. Tried my Beoplay h6 with Fiio X3 2nd gen , Xduoo X3 and Fiio X5 - perfect match every time ,but buying  Canon 70D was my main priority at the moment-that's why i bought cheaper X2.Maybe my X1 unit was faulty,and i've never updated the firmware ....i don't know.What i do know is when i tried to listen one of my favorite albums of all time US3's Hand on the Torch - it was disqusting.
I'm not tech savvy guy and do not consider myself audiofile , so i guess i was not very helpful.

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,463 of 2,087
  ok DJScope it's now 4 against 1. and now I also have a DJ on my side!!!! ^_^

out of curiosity what FW version are you guys running. that's really the only "maybe" thing I can think of right now with EQ off on both.

Sold my X1 and still waiting for my X2 , but i can do that - i was using my cousin's X2 for a few days.
Buid quality and battery life - X1 for sure , soundwise - X2 all the way.Also X2 is much louder than X1-if that's important to you.
One more thing - for whatever reason X1 and my Beoplay h6 were not a happy couple at all-with or without extra AMP.Heavy bass hip-hop , funk or asid jazz+X1+Beoplay h6=SUPER BIG NO-NO - unreal hiss and stuttering every time. Tried my Beoplay h6 with Fiio X3 2nd gen , Xduoo X3 and Fiio X5 - perfect match every time ,but buying  Canon 70D was my main priority at the moment-that's why i bought cheaper X2.Maybe my X1 unit was faulty,and i've never updated the firmware ....i don't know.What i do know is when i tried to listen one of my favorite albums of all time US3's Hand on the Torch - it was disqusting.
I'm not tech savvy guy and do not consider myself audiofile , so i guess i was not very helpful.

As you can see I just had an unsuspecting soul vouch for me without even knowing. >.< 
I'm not lying, if that's what you think, there's no reason for me to do so. It just one observation that I've had about the X2 since I've had it, and I had the X1 before it and loved it, then the X2 came along and blew me away.

THe X2 firmware I'm on is the one that came out before the screen lock was introduced, and the X1 I have no idea. I don't have em with me, but can check later tonight.

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,464 of 2,087
Ok, I have 100 pages to go through lol. Seems to be an impressive player for the price.

The first show stoppers for me that I'll be looking into is whether or not the X2 supports:

a) auto shutoff

b) auto resume

If it supports those features, then it's already in my good books :)

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #1,465 of 2,087
  Ok, I have 100 pages to go through lol. Seems to be an impressive player for the price.

The first show stoppers for me that I'll be looking into is whether or not the X2 supports:

a) auto shutoff

b) auto resume

If it supports those features, then it's already in my good books :)

It does have auto shut off, but what do you mean auto resume?

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,466 of 2,087

It does have auto shut off, but what do you mean auto resume?

Thanks. And right, I didn't mean "auto resume" - I just mean the ability to quickly resume playing the last song you were listening to before it was shut off. If it resumes to the exact spot in the song, that would be even better because some "songs" that I listen to are 2 hour trance tracks.

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,467 of 2,087

Thanks. And right, I didn't mean "auto resume" - I just mean the ability to quickly resume playing the last song you were listening to before it was shut off. If it resumes to the exact spot in the song, that would be even better because some "songs" that I listen to are 2 hour trance tracks.

Don't quote me on this as I don't have it here to double check, but I think it does.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,468 of 2,087

just in case, we're talking max available volume on both DAPs with both EQs OFF.
just setting both DAPs at say volume 10 does not mean anything about maximum loudness.
on headphoniaks they show how the xduoo X2's volume setting has a little more than 60db amplitude between volume 1 and maximum volume. when the fiio X1 shows around 95db of amplitude between volume set to one and maxed out.
so only max loudness setting can give a proper estimate of which goes louder. did you try that way(look in my previous post where I give a few options for the test, or with an external amp, but don't go pushing max loudness on your IEM and ears for a stupid test!!!!!).

As you can see I just had an unsuspecting soul vouch for me without even knowing. >.< 
I'm not lying, if that's what you think, there's no reason for me to do so. It just one observation that I've had about the X2 since I've had it, and I had the X1 before it and loved it, then the X2 came along and blew me away.

THe X2 firmware I'm on is the one that came out before the screen lock was introduced, and the X1 I have no idea. I don't have em with me, but can check later tonight.

^_^
not saying you're lying, as we now both said, there is nothing to win here. but this entire forum is a testimony of people not always aware that they're wrong. it can go both ways and if we end up with many people saying the xduoo X2 is louder maxed out, then I would contact headphoniaks and tell them about our findings so that they can find what might have gone wrong on their measurements. could be a simple matter of not using the right load for a given measurement. we're all but humans. myself I wouldn't be too surprised if I had made a mistake of the sort.
 I measured the impedance on the shozy alien wrongly, because I didn't know the DAP enough to realize the volume setting could reset itself after turning it off(like the fiio X1 can do). only because I'm paranoid, I double checked the next day.
just this month I was dead wrong about the role of the bass setting on the IE80, and ironically, I brought the proof that I was wrong myself.
I also just 2 days ago misunderstood some fourier transform graph because I was comparing some graphs with linear scale to some with db scale without checking the units.  and those are only the ones where I found out I was wrong
biggrin.gif
. so don't mistake my insistence for confidence, I have very little of that ^_^. but I'm curious and like to get the end of things.
maybe a guy with a headphone almost loud enough on one DAP, could really appreciate to know if he's going to be a few DB louder with the other DAP or not, or if there is a way to go louder.

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #1,469 of 2,087

Yes, it does. Even if I take the micro sd card out, and put it again, it still remembers the last pause. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back