xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 23, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,486 of 2,087
Just got mine in the mail from Asia today.  #1400811415  Firmware 7.0 ( I just downgraded to 6.01E for better sound.)

Using a Sandisk 64GB Ultra card with 2300 songs or 37GB worth of the available 64. The unit seems to see all songs and lists them A to Z. No way to know if it does see them all as it does not tell you. No playback issues but the slow speed issue on ~ 1 in 25. .

Gripes so far: The UI is just too primitive to deal with. High school kids could write better. Some songs can't be played but instead of skipping them like a normal player would this one plays them anyhow.... at 1/10 normal speed. Skipping songs requires two button pushes. That button won't last long. You can't go back to a previous song. It forgets all previous songs as it plays along. The now playing display is a disaster. Stuff you don't need to know in a small font. Stuff you do need to know as cryptic icons. OLED my backside. No bass or treb'. No simple EQ. Presets only. If I had the choice I'd drop the high and low end one notch each to help the thin mid's, but I can't. The case is great. Fit and finish is great. No belt clip.

It sounds louder than a Clip Zip with more bass and less mids. The high end is harsh and needs to be cut back a bit. Smooth it is not. Firmware 6 is an improvement in the sound department. Less shrill highs and unnaturaly low bass than 7.0.

My complaining about not having Replaygain may have been unnecessary. Other players vibrate your fillings out with some of the songs on this MSD card but this player seems to go easier on playback. No idea why.

UPDATE: I found why some files would play very slowly. They all came from one CD (Garbage 2.0) and were all 24-96k. Problem solved.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,487 of 2,087
  Just got mine in the mail from Asia today.  #1400811415

Using a Sandisk 64GB Ultra card with 2300 songs or 37GB worth of the available 64. The unit seems to see all songs and lists them A to Z. No way to know if it does see them all as it does not tell you. No playback issues but the slow speed issue on ~ 1 in 25. .

Gripes so far: The UI is just too primitive to deal with. High school kids could write better. Some songs can't be played but instead of skipping them like a normal player would this one plays them anyhow.... at 1/10 normal speed. Skipping songs requires two button pushes. That button won't last long. You can't go back to a previous song. It forgets all previous songs as it plays along. The now playing display is a disaster. Stuff you don't need to know in a small font. Stuff you do need to know as cryptic icons. OLED my backside. No bass or treb'. No simple EQ. Presets only. If I had the choice I'd drop the high and low end one notch each to help the thin mid's, but I can't. The case is great. Fit and finish is great. No belt clip.

It sounds louder than a Clip Zip with more bass and less mids. The high end is harsh and needs to be cut back a bit. Smooth it is not.

My complaining about not having Replaygain may have been unnecessary. Other players vibrate your fillings out with some of the songs on this MSD card but this player seems to go easier on playback. No idea why.

In comparison the very basic firmware on the Fiio M3 seems feature rich! I am starting to appreciate my Rockboxed Clip+ and Rockboxed Clip Zip much more! 
Is the Xduoo X3 firmware much better than this?

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #1,488 of 2,087
  In comparison the very basic firmware on the Fiio M3 seems feature rich! I am starting to appreciate my Rockboxed Clip+ and Rockboxed Clip Zip much more! 
Is the Xduoo X3 firmware much better than this?

The X2 sits in a very interesting place. I look at it like this: it's for people who are on an extremely low budget who prefer sound quality over convenience. TBH, if you want a mediocre sounding but feature DAP then just use your phone for listening to music.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #1,489 of 2,087

The X2 sits in a very interesting place. I look at it like this: it's for people who are on an extremely low budget who prefer sound quality over convenience. TBH, if you want a mediocre sounding but feature DAP then just use your phone for listening to music.

Missing important calls since the phone battery was run down playing music is not a great idea. Yes, someone could carry an external battery pack for the phone, however that seems cumbersome. It seems much better to have a separate music player.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #1,490 of 2,087
Missing important calls since the phone battery was run down playing music is not a great idea. Yes, someone could carry an external battery pack for the phone, however that seems cumbersome. It seems much better to have a separate music player.

I guess that depends on the phone. I used to use my Moto G as my DAP and the battery life was adequate.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,499 of 2,087
  Anyone know what the actual file limit is? I have an MSD card with 2300 files in the root. The X2 acts like it's playing them all in random order but I have no way of knowing.

2300 files in the root??????? Wow! Many players will choke it there are more than 128 or perhaps 256 items in the root. An item could be a song or a subfolder. Those that don't choke might operate very slowly with so many items in the root. Why don't you use subfolders? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back