xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 31, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #1,520 of 2,087
Tell me about it :) Even though I knew there will be a well camouflaged screen protector I was still wondering to myself  - "am I actually removing a screen protector or there is none and I'm actually destroying my screen right now with my fingernails?".

So a note to future owners of Xduoo X2, If you're not sure if there is a screen protector there. It's there :wink:

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,522 of 2,087
i'm so close to buying this lil thing, however, i'm wondering if it can read a 128gb card full of 320 kbps mp3?

I can't answer that for you but it's definitely worth the money! It's the size of a match box and for the money it sounds excellen :)

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,524 of 2,087
Haven't tried it but the specs state 32gb max

With many players the 32GB max is there since the player needs a card formatted as FAT32, and cards larger than 32GB come formatted as exFAT. They can be reformatted as FAT32. The second issue is that many players have a database that can only support up to around 4,000 songs, which might be around what a 32GB card filled with mp3 songs has. The Xduoo X2 has no database though, just browsing by folders. You could try a 128GB card in it formatted as FAT32 and see what happens.

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #1,526 of 2,087
With many players the 32GB max is there since the player needs a card formatted as FAT32, and cards larger than 32GB come formatted as exFAT. They can be reformatted as FAT32. The second issue is that many players have a database that can only support up to around 4,000 songs, which might be around what a 32GB card filled with mp3 songs has. The Xduoo X2 has no database though, just browsing by folders. You could try a 128GB card in it formatted as FAT32 and see what happens.

Thanks for the technical info! Makes me wonder why the X2 specs state. 32GB limit when a correctly formatted card of a higher capacity can be used. Higher capacity would be an additional selling point....

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #1,530 of 2,087
I can't answer that for you but it's definitely worth the money! It's the size of a match box and for the money it sounds excellen
smily_headphones1.gif

it's a great deal, ain't it 
beerchug.gif

ahh, good to know, thanks. here's hoping there's no folder limit since i have over 500 artists from my library. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back