xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 20, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,442 of 2,087
  That is an unfair comparison, as the Fiio X1 is around double the price of the Xduoo X2. Compare players that are similar in price. Compare the Xduoo X2 to the Fiio M3, and the Xduoo x3 to the Fiio X1. 

The XDuoo X3 has been better compared to the Fiio X3 and said to be better in sound by some members than the X1 but the X1 has more bells and whistles. I would not compare everything on price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/105

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,444 of 2,087
I always have problem with classifying DAPs like that.
 neglecting to talk about the headphone/IEM used for the sound comparison is really a great mistake IMO. no source is the best at everything for every headphones. it's just so unlikely that I really beg you guys to keep mentioning the headphone/IEMs tried with the DAPs when you make a judgment about which is better.
it's important to keep your posts in context, and it's important for others to get an incentive of what works and what might not. so please try to give your sound experiences for a complete sound system, not for a DAP alone. it really helps a lot.

if I take any DAP, I usually will have an IEM to say what isn't great, and one IEM to say how the DAP sounds pretty much like any other DAP(with few exceptions for really colored DAPs). ^_^ so the IEM does matter.
the X2 IMO is a really great value for not too sensitive IEMs and most portable headphones. adding the size to the equation, it's should be compelling for many people.
  I wouldn't really recommend it for very sensitive IEMs because then you may hear some hiss, and in my case, the minimum volume setting was already too loud for stuff like my HF5 or IE80(but they're both very sensitive and I do listen to music quietly).
so that's bout it for me. if you're not into super sensitive stuff, or need 3 volts to drive the headphone, then chances are the sound of the X2 will do just fine for you.

I also love the fiio X1 except for the 2ohm output, for some multidrivers, 2ohm is already a good 1ohm too many ^_^. but for higher impedance gears, or flat impedance IEMs, the X1 is also a very impressive sound/price value.

my sony A15 is always in my pocket because I like the shape and UI, and not having to charge the damn thing more than once a week, I love that. but the sound is rather poor TBH. it sounds nice in most cases, but for the price and all the crap marketing about highres sound, it makes you wonder if it's really worth the price. that little guy is weak and has 4ohm output, so it's factually the one in my list that will work properly with the smallest range of IEMs and headphones. you can ind some that will work fine and sound really great. but definitely those belong to a more limited range of products.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,445 of 2,087
  Isn't the xDuoo X2 still much more powerful amp section compared to the Fiio M3? So still a pretty unfair comparison for the M3 besides the price being the same. They are much different players altogether only sharing a price bracket together. M3 has built-in memory and a puny amp meant for low impedance headphones while xDuoo X2 has no built in memory and a very powerful amp section. 

This comparison has been made plenty of times and the X2 is better in sound quality but the X1 is better with UI.

Sorry the X2 is far away from a powerful amp section. The marketing specifications with 250 mW @ 32 ohms are absolute wrong.

In this complete independent reviews, both reviewers measured complete different values, instead of 250 mW @ 32 ohm in real world the X2 has around 39 mW @ 32 Ohm... It would be okay to have maybe only 240 mW in real world or so, but lol not only 39 mW instead of 250 mW, which are 211 mW difference, thats massive. In the 2nd review the M3 was measured too and this specifications are 100% correct with 30 mW @ 32 Ohm...

38 mW @ 32 Ohm: http://headphoniaks.com/blog/xduoo-x2-reproductor-sansa-clip-killer/2/
40 mW @ 30 Ohm: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-125-9627.html

The xDuoo X2 powers the 320 Ohm VE Zen pretty well except it needs to nearly max out to do so, but the FiiO X1 cannot do the same volume. Under load the X2 is significantly more powerful.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,446 of 2,087
  The XDuoo X3 has been better compared to the Fiio X3 and said to be better in sound by some members than the X1 but the X1 has more bells and whistles. I would not compare everything on price.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/105

Sound quality isn't everything in a music player. There is also battery life, user interface(number of functions, stability of firmware, ergonomics,etc.), build quality, battery life, size, weight, etc.

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,447 of 2,087
  I always have problem with classifying DAPs like that.
 neglecting to talk about the headphone/IEM used for the sound comparison is really a great mistake IMO. no source is the best at everything for every headphones. it's just so unlikely that I really beg you guys to keep mentioning the headphone/IEMs tried with the DAPs when you make a judgment about which is better.
it's important to keep your posts in context, and it's important for others to get an incentive of what works and what might not. so please try to give your sound experiences for a complete sound system, not for a DAP alone. it really helps a lot.

No worries mate, sometimes I'm running around late at night from my phone, keeping it short.

Reading my comment back this morning on my PC some more information would have helped.

Pretty sure the member in question found the sound of XDuoo X2 cleaner and more spacious overall. I know the XDuoo units tend to sound 'clearer' than warmth found in FiIO units. Personally, I still think the X5II will have an upper hand in areas like resolution but if that warm tonality doesn't sit well that could mean the difference between one or the other quite easily.

I know for me if an IEM is too warm or dark it doesn't matter how technicality capable it is because my minds fighting with the veil/ tonality full-time rather than enjoying the signature.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,448 of 2,087
wink_face.gif
  it wasn't aimed at you in particular but more at the last few posts trying to classify the DAPs.
even for consumer me, it helps me a lot to know what the guy used because if I have the IEM then I can better understand the motives and sometimes guess why something may or may not be for me without having to buy one ^_^.

This comparison has been made plenty of times and the X2 is better in sound quality but the X1 is better with UI.

please read my previous post before saying something like this, that I can disprove anytime I want.
take super sensitive IEMs, the hiss on the X2 will be louder, so the X1 will in effect and under that particular situation, sound better.
take some less sensitive IEMs with wild impedance swing, now the X2 changes the signature of the IEM, and the X2 is objectively better.
also measurements are for the most part in favor of the fiio X1(except for the impedance output), making your statement objectively false with most loads. so it would be a good idea to insert a little "people feel like", or "people prefer" instead of making such a black and white claim about sound quality.

Quote:
  The xDuoo X2 powers the 320 Ohm VE Zen pretty well except it needs to nearly max out to do so, but the FiiO X1 cannot do the same volume. Under load the X2 is significantly more powerful.

this just contradicts 3 different sources of measurements ^_^.
if I can take a bet, I'd say you have the EQ ON for the X1 so the max output is 6db lower, making it 1.5v / 2. and that indeed is lower than the 1V of the X2. but not by much TBH.
now that's worth mentioning, but it's in itself a special case. by default the X1 will be like 2.5db louder when maxed out(not really a game changer ^_^).
please tell me if I was right. I've been wrong so many times in the last 2 weeks, I need some ego boost.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #1,451 of 2,087

wink_face.gif
  it wasn't aimed at you in particular but more at the last few posts trying to classify the DAPs.
even for consumer me, it helps me a lot to know what the guy used because if I have the IEM then I can better understand the motives and sometimes guess why something may or may not be for me without having to buy one ^_^.

this just contradicts 3 different sources of measurements ^_^.
if I can take a bet, I'd say you have the EQ ON for the X1 so the max output is 6db lower, making it 1.5v / 2. and that indeed is lower than the 1V of the X2. but not by much TBH.
now that's worth mentioning, but it's in itself a special case. by default the X1 will be like 2.5db louder when maxed out(not really a game changer ^_^).
please tell me if I was right. I've been wrong so many times in the last 2 weeks, I need some ego boost.
tongue_smile.gif

Nope I don't use EQ on either the X2 or the X1. Just talking from personal experience. The X2 goes louder than the X1 when driving the 320Ohm VE Zen, that is just a fact. 
You are right about the noise floor of the X2 though, it is higher than the X1 and does sound a little off with sensitive IEMs, hence why my comparison is with the Zen, I also prefer the X2 with Havi B3 Pro 1 and the Fidue A73 over the X1 which has much too smoothed down sound signature over the more dynamic, music and wide presentation you get with the X2.

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,452 of 2,087
anybody else with both DAPs who could try please? edit: fiio X1 vs xduoo X2
 I would feel inclined to trust you over my measurements(that how confident I am when I do them^_^), because it's not like you have anything to gain from lying here. but my values fit headphoniaks, and those guys have real equipment for their tests(not like me) and do them into different loads. there is nothing to suggest that 300ohm would be different, the max voltage is very stable on both DAPs into different impedances.
maybe the max output was changed on one of the DAP with some firmware update? (I'm fishing here).
I can check the X1 with the latest FW but I have given the X2 to someone .

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #1,453 of 2,087
  anybody else with both DAPs who could try please?
 I would feel inclined to trust you over my measurements(that how confident I am when I do them^_^), because it's not like you have anything to gain from lying here. but my values fit headphoniaks, and those guys have real equipment for their tests(not like me) and do them into different loads. there is nothing to suggest that 300ohm would be different, the max voltage is very stable on both DAPs into different impedances.
maybe the max output was changed on one of the DAP with some firmware update? (I'm fishing here).

Talking about xDuoo X1 or FiiO X1? 

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #1,454 of 2,087
  anybody else with both DAPs who could try please?

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe I just have a freak X2 or a dodgy X1, anything is possible.

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,455 of 2,087
  Talking about xDuoo X1 or FiiO X1? 

fiio X1 vs xduoo X2   it ws mentioned in the posts above but you're right I can't really ask for details and then just don't do it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back