xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Sep 6, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #1,081 of 2,087
I'm very concerned hearing so many X2's breaking down after 3-4 months of use. Are these all the early versions or the latest release (the ones with the S/N printed in the back). Hopefully mine won't break down. The sound quality is good, but not worth the cost if it's going to last only 3 months!

Well, I've had mine for 7-8 months now and it still works fine. I also tend to use it for burning in new gear, so it often runs non-stop at max volume for hours.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,083 of 2,087

I had the same problem but solved it by removing the tags from the flac files on my X2, I used Mp3tag for doing that and the flac files are now played well.
May be removing the album art from the tags is enough but I did n't try that, I removed all tags.
While playing a flac file the filename is displayed on the screen and while playing mp3 files the tags are used to display (part of) the title, artist name and album name.
I personally prefer the SQ of the X2 above the SQ of the sony nwz-a15 of mine.

thanks for the solution kalkie :)

right now mine updated to FW 7
i realized FF is much faster now and no lock screen when the screen turn off. thats what i like

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #1,085 of 2,087
I notice the SQ drop from v7 firmware. The firmware sends congested and bloated bass to my ear. Now rolling back to v5.

I think I'm going insane, but I think I can agree with you on that.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #1,087 of 2,087
  Actually, the SQ was changed since the V3 to V4-5. But for me the changes are acceptable and with the UI and auto power off function, The V5 is the winner, hands down. Unless you care only about SQ, I prefer the V3.

I didn't notice any changes within any of the other FW versions other than V7.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,088 of 2,087
  thanks for the solution kalkie :)

right now mine updated to FW 7
i realized FF is much faster now and no lock screen when the screen turn off. thats what i like

I looked further why some flac files gave a format error.
In Mp3tag I saw that my files mostly showed FLAC(FLAC) in the Tag column and a small number of flac filed showed FLAC(FLAC ID3v2) and that are the files which could not be played and gave a format error,
I removed the ID3 tags and kept only the FLAC tags and I clould play this files also.
So my conclusion is don't add ID3 tags to flac files.

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,090 of 2,087
Ok so I've been listening to the X2 with V7 FW for 2 days now and analysing everything I can, and my conclusion is that there is a noticeable increase in distortion rated in the bass region which is causing the bass to sound bloated, slow, less punchy, and possibly a slight decrease in sound stage width. This is then also greatly exagerated when using the EQ. 

Anyone else can comment on this, or am I going crazy?

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,091 of 2,087
if nobody's willing to do it, I will measure and record the X2 with both firmwares, probably the only way to make a point outside of the too frequent urban legends about firmware versions of DAP where we really never know.
but right now I'm all the way into playing around with IEM measurements and got to extreme length to set everything and calibrate everything "like the big guys do" on my input. so until I'm done(maybe a week) sorry but the X2 will wait.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,092 of 2,087
  if nobody's willing to do it, I will measure and record the X2 with both firmwares, probably the only way to make a point outside of the too frequent urban legends about firmware versions of DAP where we really never know.
but right now I'm all the way into playing around with IEM measurements and got to extreme length to set everything and calibrate everything "like the big guys do" on my input. so until I'm done(maybe a week) sorry but the X2 will wait.

Please do! It will put my mind to rest. It's driving me nuts!

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,093 of 2,087
Onn X5
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/17880#post_11906705

Users who are viewing this thread

Back