xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
May 22, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #706 of 2,087
Both only play music = the same uses.

May 22, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #708 of 2,087

much different. the x1 has a user interface making it much easier to use up to 128gb of music

On Head-fi end of the day what matters most to the majority is - sound. 

Take a look at the Shozy Alien thread for a good example of a DAP that has no UI, limited file support, next to no features.

What you're talking about is functionality (see the first sentence)

May 22, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #709 of 2,087
  This is mind-boggling to me actually.  How can you even compare the two?  One has a user interface with up to 128GB memory and one doesn't have a user interface with a much lower memory capacity.  Completely different uses.

If you're going to buy a DAP just for UI and storage and not sound quality, then just use you phone. My priority is fidelity not UI; not storage. It needs to be cheap, and it needs to sound great. If we could get an X1 that sounds as good as the X2 and costs under $150, then I would buy it.

May 22, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #710 of 2,087
Been listening to these for the past couple of days with a few of my IEMs. Fantastic SQ for such a little player. Actually fantastic sound no quips. Unfortunately a dog of a UI which isn't much better than the touted Kogan player

May 22, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #711 of 2,087
Just saw this over on the RockBox forum.
frown.gif

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,50788.msg234593.html#msg234593

'51 is 8bit processor. Decoding is handled by dedicated audio and video engine. The ram is tiny as well. So to short things the rb port is not possible for this platform.

May 22, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #712 of 2,087
  Just saw this over on the RockBox forum.
frown.gif

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,50788.msg234593.html#msg234593

Sad news. Though, I've learnt to live with the UI and unresponsive buttons. It's the sound that I've fallen in love with. 

May 23, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #713 of 2,087
Hello to all Head - fi members. This is my first ever post on Head-fi & till now I was just a silent reader.

I was saving up for FiiO X1 & suddenly this Xduoo X2 emerged out of nowhere & is very tempting. I've decided to get it by June end but before that I want to get new IEM OR Portable Headphones.

I've read lot about Xduoo X2 + Havi B3 Pro 1 Synergy = Audio Bliss but wanted to know about Vsonic VSD3S pairing with Xduoo X2. I'm getting VSD3s illuminating green non detachable version @USD39.06 + Shipping & customs duty extra to India from lendmeurears.

I'm open to other IEM or portable headphones suggestion also in similar budget.

My other sources are Nationite N2 & Sansa Fuze V2 [stock firmware]. I hope Xduoo X2 will be an decent upgrade to both.

I've Samson SR850 headphones & planning to get Philips SHL3300 so need to know if it will be a good pair to Xduoo X2 or not.

IEM's which I currently possess are Soundmagic PL30, Signature Acoustics Element C12 & Brainwavz M5.

Please advice me. Thanks in advance.

May 23, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #715 of 2,087
  Hello to all Head - fi members. This is my first ever post on Head-fi & till now I was just a silent reader.

I was saving up for FiiO X1 & suddenly this Xduoo X2 emerged out of nowhere & is very tempting. I've decided to get it by June end but before that I want to get new IEM OR Portable Headphones.

I've read lot about Xduoo X2 + Havi B3 Pro 1 Synergy = Audio Bliss but wanted to know about Vsonic VSD3S pairing with Xduoo X2. I'm getting VSD3s illuminating green non detachable version @USD39.06 + Shipping & customs duty extra to India from lendmeurears.

I'm open to other IEM or portable headphones suggestion also in similar budget.

My other sources are Nationite N2 & Sansa Fuze V2 [stock firmware]. I hope Xduoo X2 will be an decent upgrade to both.

I've Samson SR850 headphones & planning to get Philips SHL3300 so need to know if it will be a good pair to Xduoo X2 or not.

IEM's which I currently possess are Soundmagic PL30, Signature Acoustics Element C12 & Brainwavz M5.

Please advice me. Thanks in advance.

If you like the sound and fit of the B3, it´s a good pairing. However with Vsd3 and other similar iems there is background noise. There are many reports on that in this thread. 

With bigger cans, the power comes in handy. Drives most full sized cans under 250 ohms like a true champ!

May 23, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #717 of 2,087
Is there any way to put X2 in 'shuffle all' mode? I have hierarchically arranged library with a lot of nested folders. Even if I put in shuffle mode X2 only shuffles the songs within current folder.

One workaround would be to put all the songs in a single folder, but thought I'd ask first here for any suggestions .

May 23, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #718 of 2,087
If you're going to buy a DAP just for UI and storage and not sound quality, then just use you phone. My priority is fidelity not UI; not storage. It needs to be cheap, and it needs to sound great. If we could get an X1 that sounds as good as the X2 and costs under $150, then I would buy it.
Agreed, coming from super intuitive PowerAmp on Android platform I am struggling to get used to X2 UI. But sound is sweet, no regrets. Once I find way to shuffle songs in my whole library I have no more expectations.

May 23, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #719 of 2,087
Thanks for the pointer.

Waiting for your & other fellow members review of Newsmy G1.

I had read somewhere that Colorfly CK4 has poor Headphone out. I basically want a player with powerful amp so no need of portable amp in the chain.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
Now you can buy Colorfly CK4 + for $ 93. It will update for you, IMHO.or..

May 23, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #720 of 2,087
Now you can buy Colorfly CK4 + for $ 93. It will update for you, IMHO.or..

Thanks for the pointer.

Waiting for your & other fellow members review of Newsmy G1.

I had read somewhere that Colorfly CK4 has poor Headphone out. I basically want a player with powerful amp so no need of portable amp in the chain.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back