xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
May 23, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #736 of 2,087

Finally paired my x2 with the nx1... have to say it's a nice combo! I just need a new interconnect lol

Congrats! Yes, original stacking cable steal sound :)
Burn?

May 24, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #737 of 2,087
My rockboxed clip zip recently died, just suddenly stopped working when walking dog. Spent hours trying to get it to work with various button presse, recognized and powers when connected to pc, dies when disconnected.

Anyway I was on banggood and ordered the X2 player after seeing some reviews on head-fi. After reading through several pages here, in order to utilize shuffle do I have to make one big folder with all the songs in that folder? I usually have folders set up with album and artist.

May 24, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #738 of 2,087
My rockboxed clip zip recently died, just suddenly stopped working when walking dog. Spent hours trying to get it to work with various button presse, recognized and powers when connected to pc, dies when disconnected.

Anyway I was on banggood and ordered the X2 player after seeing some reviews on head-fi. After reading through several pages here, in order to utilize shuffle do I have to make one big folder with all the songs in that folder? I usually have folders set up with album and artist.

Did you try holding the power button for 10-15 seconds?

May 25, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #740 of 2,087

Yeah, you do need to put all the songs in the same folder if you want to shuffle between all songs. What makes it worse is, let's say you are on shuffle mode and you want to go back to the last song that you've played. You are unable to do that. The shuffle works on next song, as well as on previous song button. 

Another scenario is, assume you are inside a folder containing specific album (10-12 songs) and you wish to enable shuffle within folder. Problem here is that each time we go to the next song the list is re-shuffled. That means next song can be the same song that you've just heard. You might end up listening to specific songs again and again. Smaller your current song count, more annoying this issue is.

Though if you ignore this navigational pain the SQ is really fantastic and makes up the worth of this player. 

May 25, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #741 of 2,087
New xDuoo X2 firmware shared by Official Indian xDuoo distributor (HiFiNage)

HiFiNage ·

XDuoo has rolled out new FW for the XDuoo X2, company has emailed us this firmware first, they have not yet uploaded it on their website so those who wish to update the firmware to the latest version i.e., V6.0-E can download it from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/459204/X2-V6.0-E.rar
Below are the change log in this new FW:
1. During playback, press prev key to enter the previous song when the play time is in 10 seconds;otherwise, it will replay this song when play tiome is over 10 seconds.
2. The button will be locked when the screen turn off. long press menu key to unlock.
3. When the screen turn off, if you short press any key, it will display the playing song,and notice you to long press menu key to unlock.
4. Some changes in the UI.

Sorry @EISENbricher. No shuffle all yet
redface.gif

May 25, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #743 of 2,087

redface.gif

Thanks for sharing this! 

So the menu button now locks the keys? 

it´s nice to see Xduoo updating this player. I did not expect them to put such an effort into it after the release. Glad they did!

May 25, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #744 of 2,087

redface.gif

Great, I'll flash this firmware once I get back to home. Will post here my findings then. 
Thanks a lot for sharing this info, my player is at v5.0 and on Xduoo site 5.0 is shown to be latest. 

May 25, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #745 of 2,087
Just a small query before I update... there seems to be update tool listed on their page, which I assume is the flashing utility. But what is TUSB_v2.23.0? My wild guess is that it's driver for Xduoo memory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and please let me know the steps in uploading latest firmware on X2. Did anyone do this before?
I have a Win7 x64 machine.

EDIT : Nevermind, just found steps inside Readme file that came along with FW.

Quote: (Copy paste of instructions)
 1. extract the zip file;
2. open the X2 update tool,(download from our website:http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnDownload.asp)
3. Load the firmware.
4. Connect your computer to the USB port of unit, using the micro-USB cable.
5. click ¡°burn in¡± key of update tool;
6. finished

May 25, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #746 of 2,087
  Just a small query before I update... there seems to be update tool listed on their page, which I assume is the flashing utility. But what is TUSB_v2.23.0? My wild guess is that it's driver for Xduoo memory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and please let me know the steps in uploading latest firmware on X2. Did anyone do this before?
I have a Win7 x64 machine.

This was posted back in Feb. Instructions from xDuoo. I hope the process is still the same. Hope someone can confirm

Instruction For Firmware update:
1. extract the zip file;
2. open the X2 update tool,(download from our website:http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnDownload.asp)
3. Load the firmware.
3, Connect your computer to the USB port of unit, using the micro-USB cable.
4, click ¡°burn in¡± key of update tool;
5, finished

Hi,    NDBurley
here is the new firmware of X2 with the instruction text.
any question, pls let me know.

Best Regards,

chen

ADD:Room F1510,MingYueHuaDu Building, GongHe Industrial Road, XiXiang Town, Bao'an District,ShenZhen,China
Tel:+86/075529799189
Mobile:+86/13530066922
QQ:1677047853
Email:service@xduoo.com

They emailed me the firmware but here is the update tool if you PM me I will email it over but you need to download the tool from the above link

its great I can press up and down now to navigate not left and right :)

May 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #747 of 2,087
Yeah, you do need to put all the songs in the same folder if you want to shuffle between all songs. What makes it worse is, let's say you are on shuffle mode and you want to go back to the last song that you've played. You are unable to do that. The shuffle works on next song, as well as on previous song button. 

Another scenario is, assume you are inside a folder containing specific album (10-12 songs) and you wish to enable shuffle within folder. Problem here is that each time we go to the next song the list is re-shuffled. That means next song can be the same song that you've just heard. You might end up listening to specific songs again and again. Smaller your current song count, more annoying this issue is.

Though if you ignore this navigational pain the SQ is really fantastic and makes up the worth of this player. 

I knew there would be some quirks to this player, I have a HiSound Studio V 3rd Anniversary and that has lots of issues but the sq is great. Maybe on rev. 7 the shuffle will be fixed. I hope to receive the x2 this week. I am having to use my LG G3 and it is huge for the gym. I am interested to see how it pairs with my Sony XBA 3IP and UE triple Fi 10. I will also try it with my various other headphones.

May 25, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #748 of 2,087
I knew there would be some quirks to this player, I have a HiSound Studio V 3rd Anniversary and that has lots of issues but the sq is great. Maybe on rev. 7 the shuffle will be fixed. I hope to receive the x2 this week. I am having to use my LG G3 and it is huge for the gym. I am interested to see how it pairs with my Sony XBA 3IP and UE triple Fi 10. I will also try it with my various other headphones.

Hope you enjoy X2. Its the only DAP I have so don't really know where it stands in absolute perspective.

I'd like to share something about pairing potential, I have 2 other sources which are decent enough but my Havi B3's true potential was unleashed only when I heard it using X2. Also, chances are low that X2 will even need amping. Even on super hungry Havis 25 on the scale of 40 levels of volume is loud. On other IEMs the bar stays in the range of 8~16. Post your findings here later.  

May 25, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #749 of 2,087
V6-E Change Log is:

Changes:
1,During playback, press prev key to enter the previous song when the play time is in 10 seconds;otherwise, it will replay this song when play tiome is over 10 seconds.

2.The button will be locked when the screen turn off. long press menu key to unlock.

3.when the screen turn off, if you short press any key, it will display the playing song,and notice you to long press menu key to unlock.

4. Update the UI.

May 25, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #750 of 2,087
  V6-E Change Log is:

Changes:
1,During playback, press prev key to enter the previous song when the play time is in 10 seconds;otherwise, it will replay this song when play tiome is over 10 seconds.

2.The button will be locked when the screen turn off. long press menu key to unlock.

3.when the screen turn off, if you short press any key, it will display the playing song,and notice you to long press menu key to unlock.

4. Update the UI.

Nice! Number 1 was actually one of my biggest gripes with the x2 (I'm not joking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back