xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
May 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #751 of 2,087
I managed to update FW to V6.0 on my X2. Faced no issues. All the provided changes checked and work fine. There are some UI enhancements here and there, mainly the Repeat/Shuffle icons and logo shown while turning off. 

I guess I detected a little change in sound, which seem to has gone a wee bit more aggressive than before, but may be it's just in my ears. Not really sure.

May 25, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #752 of 2,087
I updated also, it was quite easy to do. If there were changes in sound, it was too small to notice. It now says "See you soon" when shutting down rather than "Bye Bye" lol

May 26, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #755 of 2,087
  I've been reading this thread and decided to order one yesterday. For those that have opened the back, would it be possible to swap out the battery with a larger one?

There's not a lot of space, but yes it's possible.

May 26, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #757 of 2,087
  I updated also, it was quite easy to do. If there were changes in sound, it was too small to notice. It now says "See you soon" when shutting down rather than "Bye Bye" lol

That's very a positive sign!....
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #758 of 2,087
Oh and another good change in the V6.0 update, I am now able to listen to songs while the player is charging. This was not possible in V5.0

May 27, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #761 of 2,087
  how good are these compared to fiio x1

I prefer the X2 because it's more musical/engaging with more power. It also has better staging and imaging. It has enough power to drive all portable cans and cans upto 150 Ohms and probably higher.
The X1 has infinitely better UI and is much more user friendly. It also has a line out so you can use an external amp. It's a much smoother, more laid back sound signature, and is a little be more refined in the delivery.

May 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #762 of 2,087
I also updated to latest firmware... and somehow I can feel the improvement in SQ. But locking feature is a bit annoying to me.. coz I like to select specific files from time to time...

May 28, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #763 of 2,087
  I also updated to latest firmware... and somehow I can feel the improvement in SQ. But locking feature is a bit annoying to me.. coz I like to select specific files from time to time...

Locking was annoying for me as well, but set backlight timeout to 0 (basically keep it on all the time). That way it doesn't get locked. And good thing is that the backlight isn't power hungry. There's little effect it'll make on batt life.

May 28, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #765 of 2,087
Has anyone else noticed an improvement in sound quality with the latest version 6 firmware? The updates are too minor for me to want to update to v6.0 from v5.0. But if the sound quality has improved, then for sure I will update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back