xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
May 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #692 of 2,087
ph34r.gif
so the price wld be $250?.....won't fit many's budget,so their ears....lol.

Where is that price coming from? Thats crazy
blink.gif

May 21, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #696 of 2,087
  pls help
i cant decide
which one should i choose? 
---2.hand rockboxed sansa clip+
---or x2

IMHO, X2 better - power, bass, low bass, soundstage, mid.
xDuoo X2 - crazy combo with Topping NX1 :)
Current revision - second revision, no troubles with buttons and electrostatic.

May 21, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #701 of 2,087
Originally i was going to sell my xDuoo X2 and keep the FiiO X1 as my everyday player, but I think its going to be the other way around. The X2 just sounds so much better! It's a hard decision to choose from good audio or good UI and versatility, but at the end of the day, I got a DAP to listen to good quality music and the X2 does it much better.

May 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #703 of 2,087
Does the X2 really sound better than the Fiio X1? I had an opportunity to buy a used (1 month old) X1 for $23 more than the xDuoo X2. I chose to buy the X2 and have been second guessing as to whether or not I should have gone for the X1 instead (I haven't had a chance to try out the X1 yet)
I'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality of the X2. To me, sound quality is the most important, the user interface, not so much.
I guess the question is, would it have been worth it to get the used X1 for $23 more? (Again, all I care about is the sound quality- I don't mind the X2's primitive user interface.).

May 21, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #704 of 2,087
Does the X2 really sound better than the Fiio X1? I had an opportunity to buy a used (1 month old) X1 for $23 more than the xDuoo X2. I chose to buy the X2 and have been second guessing as to whether or not I should have gone for the X1 instead (I haven't had a chance to try out the X1 yet)
I'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality of the X2. To me, sound quality is the most important, the user interface, not so much.
I guess the question is, would it have been worth it to get the used X1 for $23 more? (Again, all I care about is the sound quality- I don't mind the X2's primitive user interface.).

When my X2 turn out to be faulty I sent it back for replacement, and because it was at the time of my birthday I had money to buy the X1 in the meanwhile. So my plan was to get a refund for the X2 and keep the X1, but PenonAudio wouldn't let down and insisted that I get a replacement sent out. So I accepted and planned on selling the X2 to a friend. I just assumed the there is no chance in hell that the X2 would sound better than the X1. That was of course until the replacement X2 came back from Penon. Sound quality wise the X2 is much more authoritative and has a deeper and wide soundstage, with detail retrieval to be about on par to the X1. When comparing with the A-B switch I've got, it is a unanimous decision that the X2 is much better. The only thing that the X1 has over the X2 is the UI and versitility of having a line-out and a full EQ. The X2 also has about 3x the headroom, powering all my full sized cans no problem. At the end of the day, I here because of the music, not convinience. So I would rather fight with the buttons but have a huge smile on my face, than have a mediocre sounding player that's easy to use.

Just my 2c

May 22, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #705 of 2,087
This is mind-boggling to me actually.  How can you even compare the two?  One has a user interface with up to 128GB memory and one doesn't have a user interface with a much lower memory capacity.  Completely different uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back