my RCA have a Black top.

Attachments

• IMG_20230326_175639.jpg
    IMG_20230326_175639.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #48 of 104
It arrived today, a few quick impressions after some minutes with it:
- I like the design and it is built well with a sturdy, thick steel case and substantial weight
- downloaded the USB driver from the xDuoo site and it shows no problem as an ASIO option for the Foobar player
- same as the TA-20 amp, it has the tube warm-up feature which provides safety on power-up
- the volume dial is similar as well to the TA-20 but I'd prefer a smoother turn than the stepped
- good power, it is driving my ZMFs fine at 50% with the setting at mid-gain
- stock tubes are good and neutral, I'll probably swap with NOS Sylvanias, RCA's, Raytheons, or other 12AU7's or 6189's I've collected over time to add a little more tubey warmth
- The case gets warm but not hot at all like an OTL amp can get
- The controls are easy to navigate. I have not tried comparing the digital filters as I can barely tell much difference so far. It looks like the chart for the TA-30 can be used as a guide with similar filter choices. Anybody have recommendations on which filters work best for which music genres?

xduoo-ta30-filters.jpg

Overall I am impressed and think it is a very nice all-in-one unit for a desktop setup. It would be cool if the display could be adjusted with different color selections. Maybe a firmware update could add that later like RME did with the ADI-2?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #49 of 104
guys,what tubes use and how sound impressed changing with them? for my set i like get more highs and installed tubgsol 13au7w tuves. got more airy sound and more gain of highs.

- I like the design and it is built well with a sturdy, thick steel case and substantial weight
- downloaded the USB driver from the xDuoo site and it shows no problem as an ASIO option for the Foobar player
- same as the TA-20 amp, it has the tube warm-up feature which provides safety on power-up
- the volume dial is similar as well to the TA-20 but I'd prefer a smoother turn than the stepped
- stock tubes are good and neutral, I'll probably swap with NOS Sylvanias, RCA's, Raytheons, or other 12AU7's or 6189's I've collected over time to add a little more tubey warmth
- The controls are easy to navigate. I have not tried comparing the digital filters as I can barely tell much difference so far. It looks like the chart for the TA-30 can be used as a guide with similar filter choices. Anybody have recommendations on which filters work best for which music genres?

xduoo-ta30-filters.jpg
Overall I am impressed and think it is a very nice all-in-one unit for a desktop setup. It would be cool if the display could be adjusted with different color selections. Maybe a firmware update could add that later like RME did with the ADI-2?
do had rme adi2 ? how sounds compare vs ta-22 ? im need one transistor dac/amp combo and see at ifi neo or adi2? adi2 is old and nowadays maybe better look for latest dacs? im no need built in EQ. as like listen headphones factory tuned and every EQising not like

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #51 of 104
i have a LCD2 Closed and the RCA Tubes at the best for me.but I'll buy and test the Gold Lion later.
i have lcd2closed back too. but after received focal stellia.prefer second one all time.Gold lion is linear bright sounding tubes. audeze lcd2cb is warm sounding,slightly V-shaped. but very nice headphones. tungsol 12au7 is linear warm sounding tubes-good combo for neutral sounding stellia. How tone sounds RCA tubes?

xduoo-ta30-filters.jpg
im like FAST LINE filter for more brighter sound ,and like BRICKWALL filter for warm sound .use only those two. sometimes for mellow tube sound switching to HYBRID filter. from others i dont hear any difference.

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #53 of 104
RCA sound like Tung-Sol only with more dynamics and more stage. And a little more bass in the lower range.
my stellia,or your and my audeze LCD2CB is bassy,so better works with non bass gain tubes ,i think. JJ,TJ Full Music.EH electro harmonics?

so far so good. tried more tubes, compared vs my astell kern SR25ii dap. i like neutral sound. so, stellia works nice here. im return to RfT 1960 tubes, as they neutral sound and same sound as from my SR25ii. stock incredible good too, similar neutral sound like RFT , but has a bit lower highs. tungsol tubes a bit warm to me. need try bright sounding Gold lions one day i think.

Attachments

• stellia+ ta-22.jpg
    stellia+ ta-22.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • lcd-2cb +ta-22.jpg
    lcd-2cb +ta-22.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 61702D15-A08D-4E14-B56F-265084A87D55.jpeg
    61702D15-A08D-4E14-B56F-265084A87D55.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 7F6CC448-7ECF-4D76-ADA3-4636C3B3B427.jpeg
    7F6CC448-7ECF-4D76-ADA3-4636C3B3B427.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 6B34ED17-D644-4290-9169-E65B2EFAD185.jpeg
    6B34ED17-D644-4290-9169-E65B2EFAD185.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #54 of 104
RCA sound like Tung-Sol only with more dynamics and more stage. And a little more bass in the lower range.
today bought a pair of RCA clear top, used,but tested shows 80/82 and 81/83 both. this very good? for both payed 56eur free ship to me, as my one my beloved rft tube starts crap crackling and noise is big,even noise im hear when bad tube touching with finger. what is means it?

Apr 3, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #56 of 104
According to the Ebay description, my tubes have 12.3/12.3 12.2/12.2 mA
im stopped buying on ebay used items. only new. always on ebay got used junk,not tubes or audio, all goods used is near junk selling on ebay.

better im buy new gold lions. tungsol sound warm.

According to the Ebay description, my tubes have 12.3/12.3 12.2/12.2 mA
what means 12.3/12.3 12.2/12.2 mA ? or 81/80 and 83/82 on RCA measuremends? those not new? what is new?

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #58 of 104
I can't tell you what it means. All I know is that 10 is 100 percent.
orderes nos telefunken 1960 ribbed plates new pair.will test on friday. also cleaned contaqts my beloved RFT analytical sound with extend highs ,so removed crackling sounds as similars from vinil getting sound. small crackling. now silent, but one tube still has microfonic when touch it with fingers.

Apr 24, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #59 of 104
orderes nos telefunken 1960 ribbed plates new pair.will test on friday
Hi there, did you get to test the new tubes? I am between your tungsols and the gold lions... Only have the budget for one pair... Any suggestion?
Regards!
PS: I am amazed so few people talk about this little and heavy little amp. To me, it's a masterpiece!!!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #60 of 104
Hi there, did you get to test the new tubes? I am between your tungsols and the gold lions... Only have the budget for one pair... Any suggestion?
Regards!
PS: I am amazed so few people talk about this little and heavy little amp. To me, it's a masterpiece!!!
im closed rolling tubes, still keep ta-22 FOR FUTURE USE MAYBE , but got rme adi-2 fs dac for my stellia with far better sound and more functions.even analizer or EQ worth upgrade to rme. i dont found any tube sound from ta-22, or from other xduoo tube amps. happy rme user now.

Attachments

• rme1.jpg
    rme1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • rme goo.jpg
    rme goo.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • stellia+ta-22 zenitar.jpg
    stellia+ta-22 zenitar.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back