xDuoo TA-22 DAC/Tube Amp Now on Apos Audio
Jul 12, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #77 of 104
Sometimes my usb connection will just unlink for no reason. After powering it down, it seems to connect again.

Anyone else have this or know why it would be happening?

Jul 13, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #78 of 104
Sometimes my usb connection will just unlink for no reason. After powering it down, it seems to connect again.

My experience is when I change to usb mode to Bluetooth mode. When switch back to usb mode, it cannot link to PC. Have to power off and on again for it to link to PC

Jul 13, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #79 of 104

Windows 10 error.
It stops recognizing the USB, go into settings and force windows to accept the T22 as a fixed device, this solves the problem.

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #80 of 104
Windows 10 error.
It stops recognizing the USB, go into settings and force windows to accept the T22 as a fixed device, this solves the problem.
my situation is using phone as source. It seems to happen after hours of listening, think the TA-22 gets to hot? When I turn off to cool down and wait a bit and turn back on, it connects again.

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a coax>usbc cable or optical >usb-c cable out there?

Jul 26, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #81 of 104
Hi!
I am considering something like ta22 but really anything with tube and a bluetooth receiver to stream from tidal on the phone, or to attach the qudelix or a dap as a source.
I wonder how sound would compare to my A&K SR15, would it be the same or an important improvement?
I would mainly connect hd660s, if possible also the andro2020 why not, depending on the impedance

the underlying question would be if desktop dac/amp or even only amp would sound better than small portable daps

Jul 26, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #82 of 104
Hi!
I am considering something like ta22 but really anything with tube and a bluetooth receiver to stream from tidal on the phone, or to attach the qudelix or a dap as a source.
I wonder how sound would compare to my A&K SR15, would it be the same or an important improvement?
I would mainly connect hd660s, if possible also the andro2020 why not, depending on the impedance

the underlying question would be if desktop dac/amp or even only amp would sound better than small portable daps
Cant comment on A&K SR15 as I nv use before. I’m currently using HD650 and focal clear on TA22. I swapped the tubes to RCA clear top. I find that HD650 sounds a lot better with TA-22 compared to my ifi hip dac2. I find that tubes are pretty important, the default tubes doesnt suit my taste, I changed to RCA clear top and it has larger soundstage and better mids and highs.

And I'm only using single ended connection, volume 80/100 with low gain. Probably going to buy a 4.4mm balanced cable to see if it gets better.

Do note that even though some ppl comment that the different filters in the TA22 make no difference, I do noted some differences and tend to use Fast Line or Fast Mini filter. The default filter is apodizing filter, I find it more echo / reverb so I changed it.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #83 of 104
Hi!

Hi there! You raise some interesting questions... If you are using Tidal on your DAP bit perfect from the app, which I think is the case, you might get worse sound using the TA 22 via Bluetooth, depending on the CODEC you connect it with. On the other hand, if you connect your DAP via USB cable to the TA 22, I think you will get better sound and with that wonderful tube flavor.

I am using it with the stock tubes (tried some Electro Harmonics, but didn't like it) and I like the sound from the TA 22 very much!
So, I would recommend you use it wired from you DAP. Pretty sure, it will be an improvement and you'll be able to use almost any headphones with it.

Hope it helps.
Regards!

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #85 of 104
my stellia,or your and my audeze LCD2CB is bassy,so better works with non bass gain tubes ,i think. JJ,TJ Full Music.EH electro harmonics?

so far so good. tried more tubes, compared vs my astell kern SR25ii dap. i like neutral sound. so, stellia works nice here. im return to RfT 1960 tubes, as they neutral sound and same sound as from my SR25ii. stock incredible good too, similar neutral sound like RFT , but has a bit lower highs. tungsol tubes a bit warm to me. need try bright sounding Gold lions one day i think.
Can you tell me which cable you are using to connect your AK to the TA-22 ?

Aug 30, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #89 of 104
Ok, you have options then. If you want to use de ESS DAC on the Xduoo, which I definitely recommend, I'd use a good USB C to USB B cable. You have lots of options. I have used Audioquest with good results, but you can get much cheaper and good cables too.
Now, if you want to use the DAC on the Fioo (I wouldn't), you can get a 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable and connect it to the Xduoo.
I prefer the fist option!
Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back