X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #121 of 148
I just  want to confirm about the new functionality of the back button.  If I listen to a song from the now playing screen after turning on the player, and I hit the back button, that will take me to the album folder from where came the song?  God! I hope so.
Thanks.

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #122 of 148
Short click takes you from the screen displaying your song that's playing back to the folder that contains all of the songs in that folder.  A longer press (held for a second or so) from the screen displaying your song that's playing takes you back to the folder icon which holds all of your song folders..  

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #123 of 148
  Short click takes you from the screen displaying your song that's playing back to the folder that contains all of the songs in that folder.  A longer press (held for a second or so) from the screen displaying your song that's playing takes you back to the folder icon which holds all of your song folders..  

So what does one do to return to the previous song (either in random play mode or using a playlist, or even in a folder)?

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #125 of 148

I guess that is what I have been calling the back button. Bottom left.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #126 of 148
Just got a reply from the support, concerning wrong tags and other questions.

"We will  continue to look into the tag problem. Thanks for the information you provided. 
If everything goes well, the X5's next firmware will support folder jump function.  By using this function, you can play a whole folder when go to browse files. 
Regarding to the random play, it exists some  algorithm problem. The new firmware will solve this problem, pls don't worry. At present, we can't confirm the exact release date of the X5's next firmware."

So, basically in the new firmware tags will be unnecessary, given folder jump and playing folders with subfolders, and random will be random, the problem is acknowledged. Good!

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #127 of 148
  Just got a reply from the support, concerning wrong tags and other questions.

"We will  continue to look into the tag problem. Thanks for the information you provided. 
If everything goes well, the X5's next firmware will support folder jump function.  By using this function, you can play a whole folder when go to browse files. 
Regarding to the random play, it exists some  algorithm problem. The new firmware will solve this problem, pls don't worry. At present, we can't confirm the exact release date of the X5's next firmware."

So, basically in the new firmware tags will be unnecessary, given folder jump and playing folders with subfolders, and random will be random, the problem is acknowledged. Good!

Hey, that's great news (although it can take some time).
Thanks for sharing!

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #128 of 148
You see, Fiio is your friend.  
gs1000.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #129 of 148
  You see, Fiio is your friend.  
gs1000.gif

Yeah:
Fiio is my friend! Fiio is my friend! Fiio is my friend!

and that's why I probably order their E12A also soon...
Thanks for reminding me olddude
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #130 of 148

Thanks olddude.  I'll play with it a bit more.

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #131 of 148
So I tried 2.34 Beta.  SQ was much better than 2.2. Big step up.  However I still find 2.03 to be just a wee bit better. Especially in the high ranges. So back to 2.03...I'll wait till 2.34 gets into prod and check it again.  I have high hopes for this one! Again, personal preference and nothing else! 

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #133 of 148

bigsmile_face.gif
  Sound quality wasn't changed. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Hey, but what if it really changed?
Maybe, just maybe we need a new pair of ears...because we're...well, you know....old?
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #135 of 148
is that a promised feature for the X5?

I sure hope so because then it would most likely migrate to the X3. That feature and maybe a few tweaks to how menus navigate in the UI and we are off to the races.

Quite a few software developer types have chimed in with ideas on how to improve the UI. I sure hope FIIO has taken notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back