WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #782 of 1,786
When I was in aprox. fourth grade, I was really into the spy gear crap.
Some of the parabolic mics I bought could have been 20x better with proper headphones.

To put it in context, I turned a HDD into a speaker and the first two wires I used (Cut from these.. items) were too poor to solder because the metal was so..... badness.....

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #783 of 1,786
My friend's dad kept his ATH-M30's since it first came out. The mids were gone, there were sibilant highs, and the life of it was sucked out so that it felt like listening through a toilet paper roll. Even the earcups don't rotate properly to get a proper seal.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #784 of 1,786
iFrogz EarPollution Comfort Series 40.

Got them for free from iFrogz with a $10 dollar purchase. I bought an 1/8" aux extender cable and these came free with it. Terrrrrrrrrible headphones. Boomy bass and nothing else.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #785 of 1,786
Quote:
iFrogz EarPollution Comfort Series 40.

Got them for free from iFrogz with a $10 dollar purchase. I bought an 1/8" aux extender cable and these came free with it. Terrrrrrrrrible headphones. Boomy bass and nothing else.

I've heard them before and remember them being godawful, but I decided to go for a refresher and one of the first Google results was a review that claimed such jargon as the following:

"The EarPollution CS40 comfort series headphones are designed for those audiophiles who want a light long wearing muff-style headphone."

"Good treble and bass balance for true stereo."

"The bass seems muted in some songs."

From what I remember, this headphone is literally all bass. Remind me not to trust electronista.com for any electronics reviews in the near future.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #786 of 1,786
Quote:
I've heard them before and remember them being godawful, but I decided to go for a refresher and one of the first Google results was a review that claimed such jargon as the following:

"The EarPollution CS40 comfort series headphones are designed for those audiophiles who want a light long wearing muff-style headphone."

From what I remember, this headphone is literally all bass. Remind me not to trust electronista.com for any electronics reviews in the near future.

Maybe their quality control is so bad that was how theirs sounded like?

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #787 of 1,786
Quote:

Wow, I can't believe anyone could write a review like that. I won't lie, when I got these, all I had to compare to were my MS1's and Bose Triports, so I was somewhat convinced that they just sound different. Then I did one A/B test with my Grados and realized just how terrible they are. Nobody in the right mind would say these have "good treble". You have to at least have treble to consider it "good". Bass seems to be muted in some songs? What does that even mean? Ugh, reviewer must be trollin'!

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #789 of 1,786
Quote:
My friend's dad kept his ATH-M30's since it first came out. The mids were gone, there were sibilant highs, and the life of it was sucked out so that it felt like listening through a toilet paper roll. Even the earcups don't rotate properly to get a proper seal.

Interesting. I have an M30 and I enjoy it quite much. I'll agree that it lacks mids, but I personally think it's one of the best headphones in the $40 price range

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #791 of 1,786
maybe somebody said it already, i would repeat it: stock earphones of 99% cellphones, smartphones, mp3 players and airplane earphones. i would put monster studio pro to that list, not the sound. The phones sound really really good and it is very balanced and it would be my only headphone, if not this heavy horrible fit. I could bear it only 10 min and the pressure on my ears became unbearable. i have sold it within a week. Although i have relatively small head. Nonetheless, I am huge fan of the turbine gold and copper.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #795 of 1,786
Quote:
maybe somebody said it already, i would repeat it: stock earphones of 99% cellphones, smartphones, mp3 players and airplane earphones. i would put monster studio pro to that list, not the sound. The phones sound really really good and it is very balanced and it would be my only headphone, if not this heavy horrible fit. I could bear it only 10 min and the pressure on my ears became unbearable. i have sold it within a week. Although i have relatively small head. Nonetheless, I am huge fan of the turbine gold and copper.

Maybe? It's a 53-page thread; somebody's named every headphone on this planet by now.

Also, there's no such thing as a headphone called the "Monster Studio Pro". I assume you mean the Beats Pro because you used the word balanced and that's as balanced as one of their models gets, but Monster no longer manufactures Beats headphones and the Studio is as unbalanced as anything else I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back