WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #766 of 1,786
Quote:
Easily the JVC Gumy. They just sound like crap to me. No bass, no soundstage, sounds tinny, and the "oval shape" that is meant to fit the ear comfortably does the opposite for me.

Over/on ear would be the Monster Ncredibles or the Vektrs. Both pairs are painful to wear.

I agree with this. Every "comfort" earbud I've ever seen (Philips 2100, JVC Gumy) has been far less comfortable than any other I've used, due to the seam of the plastic and rubber mating scratching the inside of my ear. That, and they've got poor harmonics in general. Enjoyed stock Creative earbuds (EP-480, and underrated set IMO) far, far more than them.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #768 of 1,786
Probably the earbuds that came with an old phone (htc mytouch 3g).  Terrible.

Or one of these, but I was so little I don't even remember how it sounded (I'm not THAT old.  My parents didn't waste money on expensive audio gear like I do
tongue.gif
).

If you mean something respected in the audiophile community, Altec lansing uhp336 (superfi 3) wins the prize.  Sounded so bad.  Just one gigantic peak of midrange.

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #771 of 1,786
Quote:
Of my short headphone history, I believe that the Sony MDR-V150 is the worst that I have heard. IT sounds like listening through Beats Solo through a wet sock.

You've got a whole world of even crappier headphones just waiting for you out there.
I actually found them punching at about the right height they cost (around $20) - I know, I know, you can do a lot better for that money, but you can do a helluva lot worse too. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #772 of 1,786
Strangely enough the worst pair of earbuds I ever had is what starting getting me interested in better sound.

It was a pair of 5$ maxells at walmart. Even when plugged into a crappy source(thin ultrabook playing youtube stuff at 128kbps) they were noticeably bad. They were horribly muffled. It was like you were burried a few inches in the ground and listening to the music.

beyond that they were just mediocre. Sounded like those apple earpods(which aren't terrible but...come on)

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #773 of 1,786
Parts Express Mini Headphone, AKA the headphones people buy for the headband. The worst headphones I've ever heard by a considerable margin.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #774 of 1,786
Agh... the crap they dare to pass on the airplanes for listening to music or the avod. It feels wrong (really... the mould must have been a basketball of some sorts), sounds wrong (unless classical music is done on plastic instruments?) and when you put em on, the whole airplane can listen in (no adult movies for you naughty boy!). And to cream it off... who invented those totally retardulous airplane 2 entry jacks anyway?? Worst... prevention invention ever...

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #776 of 1,786
Vmoda ?

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #779 of 1,786
Quote:
Let the flame war begin.

Meh, different strokes for different folks. Let's move on.

The stock earbuds with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus were awful. 

For something more substantial... I just demoed the CXC700s from Sennheiser. Yes, I know they are noise cancelling, but for the price, I expected more in terms of sound. Also the fact that I needed an amp for comfortable listening volumes on my device, on gain setting 1 (Headstage Arrow 4G), was disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back