WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #618 of 1,786

Siberia V2, they don't sound horrible, but they don't sound good, I was expecting a lot from these, they are used by some of the most skilled gaming teams around, but the sound was like a beats by dre, overpowered bass, no treble and lost mids, but, they are still the best looking headset xD

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #623 of 1,786
Have any of you thrown away a  headphone? Not just due to how they sounded?

So far I've thrown away the following:

K240 Sextett LP (I honestly have always hated this hunk of junk. Never sounded good. Why did I throw it away? Well I had it in pieces and removed it's cable so I didn't feel like messing with it. It also had missing screws.

AD300
Loved it, but I got tired of having too many headphones. Couldn't sell it online because it's worthless

AD700
Why? I cracked it once and nearly ruined it but I glued it back together. I don't think it's as bad as some say, but I'd never use it as my main music headphone EVER. It had a huge dent in the grill so it's resale value was $0.

Pro4AAAT

Don't know why, but this one always sounded bad to me. I don't have a clue why. Doubt it was a lemon.

I almost threw away my Koss A/250 today. Saved it just in time. I think the only way I could make that thing sound good is with a very warm source and amp. There is something special about it, but it's not even remotely musical.

Superlux HD-668B

It was OK...but generally not fun to listen to and rather V-shaped to my ears. Just slightly.

T50RP
Seriously this one MUST have been a lemon. I wasted more hours of my life than I should have on this. This was 100% not moddable and always sounded bad. For awhile I had glimpses of what it could sound like, but no luck. I don't even want to know how much I spent on modding materials.

I should have gotten a clue when it caused my ears to ring almost immediately. This failed mod still makes me sad
normal_smile .gif

BTW I opened and closed this thing so many times in a week that I stripped TWO of it's screw holes.

My poor AKG K240 Studio is missing. I'm going to kick myself if I threw that away. There is no way I would have EVER done that!

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #624 of 1,786
Have any of you thrown away a  headphone? Not just due to how they sounded?

So far I've thrown away the following:

K240 Sextett LP (I honestly have always hated this hunk of junk. Never sounded good. Why did I throw it away? Well I had it in pieces and removed it's cable so I didn't feel like messing with it. It also had missing screws.

AD300
Loved it, but I got tired of having too many headphones. Couldn't sell it online because it's worthless

AD700
Why? I cracked it once and nearly ruined it but I glued it back together. I don't think it's as bad as some say, but I'd never use it as my main music headphone EVER. It had a huge dent in the grill so it's resale value was $0.

Pro4AAAT

Don't know why, but this one always sounded bad to me. I don't have a clue why. Doubt it was a lemon.

I almost threw away my Koss A/250 today. Saved it just in time. I think the only way I could make that thing sound good is with a very warm source and amp. There is something special about it, but it's not even remotely musical.

Superlux HD-668B

It was OK...but generally not fun to listen to and rather V-shaped to my ears. Just slightly.

T50RP
Seriously this one MUST have been a lemon. I wasted more hours of my life than I should have on this. This was 100% not moddable and always sounded bad. For awhile I had glimpses of what it could sound like, but no luck. I don't even want to know how much I spent on modding materials.

I should have gotten a clue when it caused my ears to ring almost immediately. This failed mod still makes me sad
normal_smile%20.gif

BTW I opened and closed this thing so many times in a week that I stripped TWO of it's screw holes.

My poor AKG K240 Studio is missing. I'm going to kick myself if I threw that away. There is no way I would have EVER done that!
sorry about it AKGs! I've only thrown mine away once the blow out an not always then XD (I keep em for cables and stuff)

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #625 of 1,786
I've heard a lot of bad headphones but if I take into account the price the new Denon D7100 were incredibly disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back