WORST headphone you ever heard?
Feb 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #527 of 1,786
A pair of koss on ears they handed handed out in my 10th grade music class. Sounded like someone stuffed cotton in my ears and poured in mud. Didn't help much that the source was a crappy dell computer + youtube.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #528 of 1,786
A pair of koss on ears they handed handed out in my 10th grade music class. Sounded like someone stuffed cotton in my ears and poured in mud. Didn't help much that the source was a crappy dell computer + youtube.

I am more inclined to believe the problem was the source and not the equipment. From what I've heard, Koss' on-ears are some of the best price to performance headphones you can buy. The KSC75 in particular is legendary on this forum for that reason, and while I have not heard them, I would be inclined to believe that they earned than reputation. Can you give us a description or a model number? :p

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #529 of 1,786
I have had Koss IEMs and they are surprisingly good for being so cheap ($25 ish). They have a lot of detail, no bloated bass, while still having enough bass. I think they're great for costing nothing.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #530 of 1,786
Koss pro dj 100s are amazing just gonna say way better than mdr-v6 m50 ect. but worst bass respone would have to be my first ever modding experiment Horribly made open back koss ur18 no bass at all what so ever just an anoying FFtZZZZZ sound. Slowest decay might be possibly my old beats by dr d.... I mean crossfade lps.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #531 of 1,786
Samsung Galaxy Nexus ear-buds. They are so terribad that I wouldn't give them to a homeless man living on the street. I would just feel bad for them.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #532 of 1,786
Sony IR wireless TMR IF10/IPP10 emitter. HISSSSSSSSS!!!  If you were wo feet in front of the emitter they were ?OK? but still hissed.

Oh, and Bose QC2, sounded OK, but gave me the worst headache, vise-like clamp, I have a big head, though, so I guess I can't completely blame the headphones.  Sold them to a co-worker with a regular sized head and he likes them, so alls good.

Do the sound actuated headphones I used on the Submarine I was on count?  They were AWFUL, painful to use and SQ was really poor.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #533 of 1,786
Phillips Metro... They are so muddy and just unpleasant to listen with

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #534 of 1,786
Skullcandy are quite good compared to Sony crap. My old iBuds were better than the Sony or Wicked lines. Wicked is easy to break, bad sound, too much bass with heavy metal, muddy with anything else, and felt like 2 tin cans stuck to my ears after 45 seconds. Sony, of course has most of the above but not too muddy.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #535 of 1,786
iMac speakers. Jeez, in class yesterday. It was awful. Seriously terrible.

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #536 of 1,786
Quote:

Really???? Those are actually quite decent. One of the better in built speakers on computers. Perhaps the source file was crap or the digital pre amp was too high and would thus distort....like VLC going over 150% - 100% being full, as is. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #537 of 1,786
These Sentry earphones that used a casing similar if not identical to ID America Sparks, but sounded like a middle school science project gone wrong, and the Maxell EB-425 earphones. Absolutely atrocious crapola! Most recently the Nakamichi IEM's I bought at Sears for a two for one deal....A FOAM CUP WITH STRING sounds better!

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #538 of 1,786
Quote:
Quote:

Really???? Those are actually quite decent. One of the better in built speakers on computers. Perhaps the source file was crap or the digital pre amp was too high and would thus distort....like VLC going over 150% - 100% being full, as is. 

It was the white iMac that is huge. Is that an eMac?

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #539 of 1,786
Quote:
It was the white iMac that is huge. Is that an eMac?

http://images.apple.com/imac/specs/images/specs_display_27inch_imac.jpg

I have the 27 inch model and it's silver and not white. Unless you mean the older models?

It's relatively clean sounding to listen to and watch shows

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #540 of 1,786
Heard the ATH-T300 yesterday. Could only take 10 minutes of it. Another headphone that sounded like I was listening to music while under water.
Maybe it needs some burn in or I didn't give it a fair chance. I actually bought it for the pads!

Not the worst..but pretty close.

Weirdest sounding headphone I have though is the Koss A/250. Bet it would sound great with an ultra warm tube amp if one exists.
Rather thin mids and too much treble. It is something special though..doesn't mean I have to like it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back