WORST headphone you ever heard?
Feb 25, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #1,157 of 1,786

Oh man, any of those Skullcandy knockoffs out there are horrific. Wicked Audio in particular is putrid.

I can attest to the Wickeds soundling like wickedly Schiity headphones.  We carry them at work and it's just sad when I see a customer pick them off the shelf.  Luckily I convinced a few customers to go Sennheiser today, even if it's just the HD 280s.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,158 of 1,786
  I can attest to the Wickeds soundling like wickedly Schiity headphones.  We carry them at work and it's just sad when I see a customer pick them off the shelf.  Luckily I convinced a few customers to go Sennheiser today, even if it's just the HD 280s.

Whenever anyone tells me about SC being bad (and they're certainly not great) I just point at those products. That's what "bad" is. Skullcandy is just meh. For a cheap pair of headphones you can snag at Best Buy you could do worse. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,165 of 1,786
  I've never been able to handle ANY gaming headsets in terms of sound quality. Even pricier ones sound like butt.

and they're so overpriced too!  Makes you wonder, "What am I paying for here?"

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #1,167 of 1,786
  Definitely. My Skullcandy Heshes are infinitely many times better then something like that.
I'm planning to get a Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro + Audioengine D1

The Heshes aren't that bad, IMO. One of the few sets SC got pretty right.

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #1,168 of 1,786
For me, as long as there isn't piercing upper mid harshness, outright distortion, or toilet bowl hollow sound, I can pretty much enjoy any headphone. Even some dollar store items, or the $4 rocketfish ones from Best Buy which aren't horrible. But the worst I heard were the stock buds that came with my ZuneHD. Just flat midrange smashed up against your ears! No highs, no lows, I thought they were Bose!

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #1,169 of 1,786
Definitely my schools headphones that they bought in bulk for like 50 cents each. Paper thin metal headband, no frequency response above like 5k hertz and below 200 hertz. CRAP. Plus, for everyone who is bashing the JVC ear buds, try a pair of JVC HA-M55X'S, or HA-M77X's, or HA-M44X's, with a song you want to hear fantastic bass on, and be blown away by the bass quality. Best bass reproduction headphones ever. Even Sony, audio technica, and sennheiser don't compare. Even at 200$-600$, they still don't compare. The m55x's are 50$, the m77X's are 100$ and the M44X's are 30$. Then the XX Earbuds by JVC are good too. Best ear buds possibly ever. Imagine ear buds that can reproduce deep bass down to the lowest audible frequencies. That's how good they are. And the treble and mids never get drowned out by bass.

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #1,170 of 1,786
Definitely my schools headphones that they bought in bulk for like 50 cents each. Paper thin metal headband, no frequency response above like 5k hertz and below 200 hertz. CRAP. Plus, for everyone who is bashing the JVC ear buds, try a pair of JVC HA-M55X'S, or HA-M77X's, or HA-M44X's, with a song you want to hear fantastic bass on, and be blown away by the bass quality. Best bass reproduction headphones ever. Even Sony, audio technica, and sennheiser don't compare. Even at 200$-600$, they still don't compare. The m55x's are 50$, the m77X's are 100$ and the M44X's are 30$. Then the XX Earbuds by JVC are good too. Best ear buds possibly ever. Imagine ear buds that can reproduce deep bass down to the lowest audible frequencies. That's how good they are. And the treble and mids never get drowned out by bass.
When you mention school, my K-8th (I'm in 8th) school has these cheap Califones that sound sooo distant. They're were OK, I guess. Bass was there and enough to feel a slight punch, mids were veiled, highs weren't even there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back