World Class Customer Support from Ultrasone
Apr 25, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 37
Hmmmm...that's a bit troubling. Thanks for posting that Peter. I will refrain from using my Edition 8's when I get the Lyr review loaner!

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 37
^^ Funny once you post something here, what can shake out...yesterday I was convinced it was my Ed. 8s as I had used them with my Lyr a few times before without issue. Now I'm not so sure.

Regardless, readers should:

a.) Tread carefully on pairing their Lyr with the Edition 8s (or possibly any low impedance / high efficiency headphone).
b.) Rest assured of the outstanding customer service from Ultrasone here in North America. To rip off the Allstate's saying, "you are in good hands". :smile: And this was my original intent of this thread.

EDIT: Added this response from Jason at Schiit Audio received later today:

"Yep, Lyr is really only for power-hungry orthos and high-impedance headphones."

I kinda wished that the Schiit website had this tidbit of information.

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #18 of 37
Yes everyone needs to be aware that the Lyr may not play so nicely with all headphones; it's high-gain adaptive output circuitry seems specifically designed for high-impedance headphones and power-hungry orthos. I am sure that there will be more to come on this issue, but for now I think it would be wise to take this Schitty warning to heart:

"Make no mistake: even though Lyr is the same size as Asgard and Valhalla, it’s one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. We will not be responsible if you blow up your headphones with it!"

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 37
With the Edition 8 registration you've got a service number. Who do you think, get the same number too? :wink_face:
Every costumer service has few numbers in order of priority or do you think Mr. Fuchs has only one telephone number for every costumer? Would be great, but I don't think so.
The edition is not a consumer line on mass market focus. it's like VERTU for people with money and exclusive love for difference. No time to hanging in the service line.
If I am going for cars, like Daimler, so I calling it Maybach or S class AMG and not the 60K+ mass market S class. With problems I don't think I need to call the consumer hot-line.

Well, I worked in costumer service department and I did my work every day with 100% quality. That took for me a lot of continuous training to be perfect, that never ended. I am a training master. Every mistake from my company was a calculated mistake on view to profit and not to solve production or service problems trough my work.
The critical part of every process in it imperfection is the man. If you are fallen ill, do you tolerate it and the resulting imperfection? No, because you want to be healthy to feel yourself good. Why should you tolerate an imperfect process? Make profit, fallen ill?:D

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 37
With the Edition 8 registration you've got a service number. Who do you think, get the same number too? :wink_face:
Every costumer service has few numbers in order of priority or do you think Mr. Fuchs has only one telephone number for every costumer?
Would be great, but I don't think so.
The edition is not a consumer line on mass market focus. it's like VERTU for people with money and exclusive love for difference. No time to hanging in the service line.
If I am going for cars, like Daimler, so I calling it Maybach or S class AMG and not the 60K+ mass market S class. With problems I don't think I need to call the consumer hot-line.

Well, I worked in costumer service department and I did my work every day with 100% quality. That took for me a lot of continuous training to be perfect, that never ended. I am a training master. Every mistake from my company was a calculated mistake on view to profit and not to solve production or service problems trough my work.
The critical part of every process in it imperfection is the man. If you are fallen ill, do you tolerate it and the resulting imperfection? No, because you want to be healthy to feel yourself good. Why should you tolerate an imperfect process? Make profit, fallen ill?:D

I'm sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about here. Randy is the head of Ultrasone in North America, not an ordinary customer service representative. His phone number is also posted here on Head-fi (ON THE LINK YOU PROVIDED HAD YOU BOTHER READING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE)...feel free to call him during business hours if you like. :wink: And yes, he has only one phone number for every customer.

Please read his post here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/518319/ultrasone-s-commitment-to-customer-service/225

I got his number when we exchanged emails so that he could help me register my Ed. 8s with Ultrasone for the 7 year warranty. Please get your facts straight before speculating.

Again, for the last time, I know of Head-fiers who have had issues with their T1s, LCD-2s, HE-6s, SE530s (all flagships) and how a company deals with this is very important. If your company had 100% quality, then why did they feel the need for a customer service rep? We work and strive for defect-free products, but as Six Sigma implies....3.4 million defects per million opportunities....it is not Infinite Sigma for a good reason. I don't want to make this a quality thread...trust me, you don't want me too either. :D

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #21 of 37
Mac

Thanks for the post.  It's great to see service like this still exists - and plaudits to both Ultrasone and Randy.  Had a small incident with my Shure SE420's recently (broken cables).  Contacted both Shure Asia and their reps (Now Sound) in NZ.  Shure Asia started to give me the "run around: - but Brad from Now Sound stepped in, organised a replacement and even upgraded me to the newer SE425 at no cost.  They made it painless.  Even though they are more expensive at Now Sound - I will make sure that I get them an order in future.  Why - because they made a difference through their service.

Great stories deserve telling.  Thanks again for posting.

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #22 of 37
Glad you got it squared away Peter quickly. The Lyr sounds like it should only be used with the Planars as someone also blew a driver with the D700 using a Lyr.  I remember Jason was saying early on they would not be responsible for blowing up your headphones.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 37

Quote:
"Make no mistake: even though Lyr is the same size as Asgard and Valhalla, it’s one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers you can buy. We will not be responsible if you blow up your headphones with it!"

Quote:
Glad you got it squared away Peter quickly. The Lyr sounds like it should only be used with the Planars as someone also blew a driver with the D700 using a Lyr.  I remember Jason was saying early on they would not be responsible for blowing up your headphones.

Yes there is that warning, but Schiit's assertion that the Lyr's "current-sensing adaptive output topology...allows the amplifier to dynamically adjust to the headphone load" is a bit misleading, as it seems to contradict or at least discount that same warning depending on interpretation. At the very least it is a mixed message.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #24 of 37

Quote:

Yes there is that warning, but their assertions that their "current-sensing adaptive output topology" which "allows the amplifier to dynamically adjust to the headphone load" is a bit misleading, as it seems to contradict their warning depending on interpretation.

Maybe Jason will give some insight on this so more people will be careful not to ruin their headphones. My concern would be if you are out of warranty it can be expensive to get a repair done. There has to be a reason the Lyr is doing what it doing and I believe a clarification would be good from Schiit on what to use the with and not use them with. I have no issue with any of my amps pumping watts into either my HE6 or the D7000 but I am not head banging either.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 37
Since this is a thread about Ultrasone, it may be that no one from Schiit will ever see your comments, though, fellas.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #26 of 37
Dear all Head Fier Friends

I had have very BAD experiance with ULTRASONE Customer Service In Singapore and Germany.

On 23 March 2011 i bought ED 8 LE from Singapore, because was in rush , i did not checked so properly.

After i arrived Home on 26 March 2011 i found out all the leather on Headband look like as DEMO unit, looked

so OILY for BRAND NEW and EXPENSIVE Headphone.

I had already complain to Ultrasone Singapore and Direct email to Ultrasone Germany, they never reply my email.

I have the Photos from my Defected Headband, but i do not know , how i can send the attachment here.

Luckily The Shop took the responsibility my ED 8 LE one month later on 19 April 2011m, that they offer to me

to change with new ED 8 LE or with another Brand.

I decided to change with Beyerdynamic T1 plus Head Amp Graham Solo Ultra Linear for ca the same Price.

I CAN NOT trust ULTRASONE anymore, for so expensive Headphone about 2700 Sing D = 2200 USD 

How can i know if my ED 8 LE later on DEFECT , can ULTRASONE repair my ED 8 LE ????

Maybe in USA ULTRASONE has VERY GOOD service , in ASIA NOT so realy.

I hope nobody has the same very bad experiance like me with ED 8 LE. 

Cheers

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #27 of 37
I guess Ultrasone US just happen to have a really good dealer but that may not applies everywhere. That's why I always say I like Obama.

BTW the replacement parts with Ultrasone is really expensive. Not long ago I asked my local dealer the replacement cost for the detachable cable with the Pro series and they quote me something like $120 shipped from Germany. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #28 of 37

Quote:
Dear all Head Fier Friends

I had have very BAD experiance with ULTRASONE Customer Service In Singapore and Germany.

On 23 March 2011 i bought ED 8 LE from Singapore, because was in rush , i did not checked so properly.

After i arrived Home on 26 March 2011 i found out all the leather on Headband look like as DEMO unit, looked

so OILY for BRAND NEW and EXPENSIVE Headphone.

I had already complain to Ultrasone Singapore and Direct email to Ultrasone Germany, they never reply my email.

I have the Photos from my Defected Headband, but i do not know , how i can send the attachment here.

Luckily The Shop took the responsibility my ED 8 LE one month later on 19 April 2011m, that they offer to me

to change with new ED 8 LE or with another Brand.

I decided to change with Beyerdynamic T1 plus Head Amp Graham Solo Ultra Linear for ca the same Price.

I CAN NOT trust ULTRASONE anymore, for so expensive Headphone about 2700 Sing D = 2200 USD 

How can i know if my ED 8 LE later on DEFECT , can ULTRASONE repair my ED 8 LE ????

Maybe in USA ULTRASONE has VERY GOOD service , in ASIA NOT so realy.

I hope nobody has the same very bad experiance like me with ED 8 LE. 

Cheers

I understand your frustration with Ultrasone AG's non-response to your query, but I don't see the problem here. This was a dealer issue, not a repair for a defective product. The dealer was the one that needed to take better care of you and they did. You could have gotten a brand new replacement with a 5 or 7-year warranty, instead you went for a Beyer T1 with a 1-year warranty. Hopefully you will never need it after the year runs out.

Anyways I am very pleased with Ultrasone USA, Randy Fuchs got involved in a difficult Edition 8 blown drivers replacement issue (transferred warranty, original receipt was missing) with an authorized dealer recently and things turned out very well thanks to his involvement. But even if rudi0504's issue had happened in the USA, this would have still been up to the dealer to correct, not Ultrasone.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 37

I understand your frustration with Ultrasone AG's non-response to your query, but I don't see the problem here. This was a dealer issue, not a repair for a defective product. The dealer was the one that needed to take better care of you and they did. You could have gotten a brand new replacement with a 5 or 7-year warranty, instead you went for a Beyer T1 with a 1-year warranty. Hopefully you will never need it after the year runs out.

Anyways I am very pleased with Ultrasone USA, Randy Fuchs got involved in a difficult Edition 8 blown drivers replacement issue (transferred warranty, original receipt was missing) with an authorized dealer recently and things turned out very well thanks to his involvement. But even if rudi0504's issue had happened in the USA, this would have still been up to the dealer to correct, not Ultrasone.

x2 :smile:

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #30 of 37

Thank you for your comment

I was so frustrated around one month I write email to the store and to the dealer in Singapore.

They said , I must waiting for the answer form Ultrasone Germany
I waited already more than one month , until the store offer me two option
1. They will replace with new Ed 8 le
2 change with other brand

Because I worried , already 49 days Did not have any answer from them,
I decided to change with T 1

I like the sound from ed 8 le very much

Because the Custimer Service in Singapore and from Ultrasone Germany very bad

I do not want buy Ultrasone Ed 8 Le anymore

Can you imagine if my Ed 8 le blown the driver, like Macedoniahero and other friend here.?

Warranty 7 years in Asia is very difficult to complain, not like in Europe and USA

Have so many brand that sound so good with better customer service. Like LCD 2 from USa

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back