World Class Customer Support from Ultrasone
Apr 25, 2011 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

MacedonianHero

Headphone.Guru Editor
I recently had a quality issue with my beloved Edition 8 LE headphones (late Saturday night...9 days ago). I remembered that I had Randy Fuch's (from Ultrasone North America) phone number on an email from when my warranty was registered (7 years of warranty coverage), so I called to leave him a voice message.

To my surprise, he actually answered (and this was at 9:30pm on a Saturday night :smile:). My discussion with him was outstanding and he mentioned to not worry and that Ultrasone would take care of my situation. Boy he wasn't kidding.

First thing Monday morning, I got an RMA number with a ship to address to send them back for repair. They arrived at Ultrasone's repair facility on Wednesday by noon. Mark (the repair technician) had them fixed within ours and let them play over night. They were then shipped back to me on Thursday.

Had it not been for the Good Friday holiday last week, I would have received them within the same week. Just outstanding customer service and support IMHO.

So this morning they arrived looking brand new and sounding just like they did went I first received them.

I just wanted to post here to let others know the great customer support I received from Randy and Mark at Ultrasone and can very easily say that here is a company that stands behind their products and in turn takes their customer's satisfaction very seriously!

Thanks to Randy and Mark for your help, I truly appreciate it. :smile:

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 37
A great story indeed.  If only more companies would put more emphasis in their customer service.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 37
You've had quality issues on a 2000$ headphone. I'm hoping, it was only a transport damage, because everything else is not tolerable in high quality aspects. At this price I would expect 100% quality from a German manufacturer.
Do you think, Ultrasone give that same fast service on a budget phone?
Also specialized technician work on high quality headphones.

This was one of the bad Story's. But I think, everything can change in better ways with reorganized costumer service.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 37
You've had quality issues on a 2000$ headphone. I'm hoping, it was only a transport damage, because everything else is not tolerable in high quality aspects. At this price I would expect 100% quality from a German manufacturer.
Do you think, Ultrasone give that same fast service on a budget phone?
Also specialized technician work on high quality headphones.

This was one of the bad Story's. But I think, everything can change in better ways with reorganized costumer service.

??? I'm not quite sure what you're saying here? Cars cost $50K + (say for a BMW...which I have a few friends who have all had quality issues with...German made here too) and have quality issues....there is no such thing as zero defects...sorry...and this is from a Six Sigma Black Belt and Director of Engineering and Quality with over 15 years of electronics manufacturing experience.

That story that you referred to (had you bothered to read it) was initially David had issues dealing with Ultrasone in Europe...but since Randy Fuchs arrived to take over the Ultrasone North American operations, his issues were taken care of ASAP (as were mine). Search these boards, there are very little quality issues to be found with the Edition 8s and their 7 year warranty coupled with OUTSTANDING customer service is as good as it gets IMHO.

So to answer your questions, customer service is a philosophy regardless of price of the unit purchased. When I called Randy on Saturday night (9:30pm) and he answered, did he previously know it was about an Edition 8? Of course not...but he answered anyway to take care of a customer and should be fully commended for it.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 37
WOW that was an epic read. thanks for the link.

hahahahhaha this makes THIS OP's story rather special.

maybe they have changed things as promised. but I wouldn't want to take the ULTRA risk with 2000 dollar headphones.

7 year warranty and customer service that is tops based on my experiences...very little to worry here. As I mentioned, I know of others who have had issues with D7000s, T1s, Shures, LCD-2s, HE-6s (all flagship headphones), etc...and the way that Ultrasone took care of me was simply amazing. :smile:

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 37
yes your experience is indeed exceptional service. would probably restore customer confidence if many more such incidences occur. but then again more incidences means quality issues LOL.

I stared fondly at the edition 8 LE in a display case couple days ago. well that was till a salesman told me the cables aren't detachable.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 37
yes your experience is indeed exceptional service. would probably restore customer confidence if many more such incidences occur. but then again more incidences means quality issues LOL.

I stared fondly at the edition 8 LE in a display case couple days ago. well that was till a salesman told me the cables aren't detachable.

Please re-read my quote above:

"I know of others who have had issues with D7000s, T1s, Shures, LCD-2s, HE-6s (all flagship headphones), etc...and the way that Ultrasone took care of me was simply amazing. "

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 37
Good story.  It's nice to know that, despite customer service in general being a lost art, some people still try to deliver good service to the end user.  Maybe there is hope.

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #11 of 37
Thanks for sharing the story Peter!  Have you read Fallenangel's experience with Ultrasone?  It couldn't have been more different.  Charging him for multiple botched "repairs", unable to diagnose simple problems, among other things.  But its great you were taken care of so well.  Either they have fixed their customer service since Pavel's experience, or they have a completely different department for the "Edition" customers. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 37
Thanks for sharing the story Peter!  Have you read Fallenangel's experience with Ultrasone?  It couldn't have been more different.  Charging him for multiple botched "repairs", unable to diagnose simple problems, among other things.  But its great you were taken care of so well.  Either they have fixed their customer service since Pavel's experience, or they have a completely different department for the "Edition" customers. 

I am a little perplexed by that...all my dealings with Randy have been outstanding. And as I mentioned, he certainly had no way of knowing it was me when I called him late one Saturday and yet he still answered.

Do you know when Pavel had his issue? Was it prior to Randy taking over the Ultrasone North American operations? If so, then that does jive with DavidMahler's experience too, but since Randy has stepped in, there was a H-U-G-E improvement with Ultrasone's service level (with me and Dave).

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 37
It was a year or two ago I think.  ?  It was a pretty horrific story, but it sounds like Ultrasone got their schitt together. 

Yeah, that was long before the regime change. Things are MUCH better now.

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 37
So since posting this experience, I've had another Head-fier come forward and PM me with their recent issue after I started this thread...turns out we had a few things in common, we both had Edition 8's paired with the Lyr and ended up with damaged drivers. With my experience, I had already used my Edition 8s with my Lyr a few times earlier without issue (and liked the pairing), but as they say, seems a little too coincidental.

I appreciate very much the service from Ultrasone and can't recommend them enough in this regard, but it might appear that this pairing is not ideal. Talking with Jude, he mentioned that uses his low impedance Sennheisers and Grado HF-2s WITHOUT issue, but maybe with the Edition 8s there may?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back