WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #526 of 2,600
  No problem. The WA7 covers everything, literally! 

Currawong, did you try out the WA7 with the TH900 specifically?

If so, how was it?

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #528 of 2,600
Welp... 

Just put my order in for the WA7. Ended up ordering the upgrade Gold Pin tubes as well to go with it.

Hopefully I'm not disappointed 
biggrin.gif
 Can't wait till it gets here.

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #529 of 2,600
Anakchan borrowed mine and tried it with the TH900s, so it'd be better to ask him.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #530 of 2,600
  Anakchan borrowed mine and tried it with the TH900s, so it'd be better to ask him.

And I just asked someone to reach out to you cos you owned the WA7 :wink:.

Unfortunately it's been some time since I've heard the combo (and I have a bad memory), but I did find an old post I made about the WA7 & TH-900....but it was a -very brief- snippet.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651556/a-tale-of-two-tube-amps-the-woo-audio-wa7-and-alo-audio-panam/75#post_9420889

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #531 of 2,600
Hey there! Im using my he-500s with an audio gd nfb 11.32 right now. I love the combination. But I think the bass is a little flat. Its very well extended but I'd like a little more body. I have an opportunity to get a second hand wa7 for 799. Would it be a significant upgrade to the wa7? Would it be worth a $500 upgrade? Thank you guys!

PS: Looking for an all in one unit. I have a small table.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #532 of 2,600
It depends on whether you like a bit of tube sound or not.  I tried other Audio-gd products before.  I found them to be too "un-colored"  "plain".

Audio-gd is good but I am not running a studio, I want my gear to add a bit of energy or excitement to music.  I think WA7 is very good in this aspect, it does add a small amount of tube sound but retains the dynamic nature of music

BTW, A second hand WA7 for 799 is not a bargain when you consider the introductory offer a few months back.  

WA7 is a good all in one unit and it occupies small area of your desk.  Please note  that it does generate heat like other tube equipment.  

Certainly I do not like to use this amp without air-conditioning during summer.  (I guess  there is a long summer in Singapore)

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #533 of 2,600
  It depends on whether you like a bit of tube sound or not.  I tried other Audio-gd products before.  I found them to be too "un-colored"  "plain".

Audio-gd is good but I am not running a studio, I want my gear to add a bit of energy or excitement to music.  I think WA7 is very good in this aspect, it does add a small amount of tube sound but retains the dynamic nature of music

BTW, A second hand WA7 for 799 is not a bargain when you consider the introductory offer a few months back.  

WA7 is a good all in one unit and it occupies small area of your desk.  Please note  that it does generate heat like other tube equipment.  

Certainly I do not like to use this amp without air-conditioning during summer.  (I guess  there is a long summer in Singapore)

I guess the WA7 will serve as my personal bedroom heater through this upcoming Fall/Winter season 
size]

Got an estimated shipping time of Mid-October. Hope it doesn't take too long to ship out.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #534 of 2,600
Oooh. It isn't a good bargain then. Damn. But to be fair the local distributor is selling it for sgd1500. So usd799 is roughly sgd1k which would equate to a 33.33% discount. I've never heard a tube amp before. I should audition one I guess. I don't mind my music being slightly coloured but not at the expense of resolution and neutrality. I guess my little microstreamer is slightly coloured. But I enjoy it immensely.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #535 of 2,600
Oooh. It isn't a good bargain then. Damn. But to be fair the local distributor is selling it for sgd1500. So usd799 is roughly sgd1k which would equate to a 33.33% discount. I've never heard a tube amp before. I should audition one I guess. I don't mind my music being slightly coloured but not at the expense of resolution and neutrality. I guess my little microstreamer is slightly coloured. But I enjoy it immensely.

The introductory price was just that. Once passed, the current price stands. From that point of view, you are getting a deal, since you missed the introduction. My opinion is that the WA7 is worth more than the current price and is really an amazing amp at any price. It will drive any headphone or IEM you have; your westones and HD650 will both sound great on it. I have westone UM2 myself. The amp is quiet, relatively transparent but has positive euphonic qualities that a tube / transformer output amp has to offer. I listen to a WA7 + Beyerdynamic T90 at least five evenings per week. For work I use an HD600 + Violectric V200 on headphone mix checks. The latter is very transparent, no euphonics, which is a necessary condition for mix checks. Euphonics are for recreational listening.

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #536 of 2,600
Hey there! Im using my he-500s with an audio gd nfb 11.32 right now. I love the combination. But I think the bass is a little flat. Its very well extended but I'd like a little more body. I have an opportunity to get a second hand wa7 for 799. Would it be a significant upgrade to the wa7? Would it be worth a $500 upgrade? Thank you guys!

PS: Looking for an all in one unit. I have a small table.
IMO, u r not going to gain more bass from wa7. Maybe, clearer, more texture in the low would be somewhat realistic expectation. To me, not worth $500 upgrade for what u r after. If u plan to have other hp later on, then wa7 would serve u very well (assuming no per hungry orthos here)

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #537 of 2,600
I guess the WA7 will serve as my personal bedroom heater through this upcoming Fall/Winter season :D

Got an estimated shipping time of Mid-October. Hope it doesn't take too long to ship out.

The tubes won't be hot enough but u certainly can put the power supply under your blanket. The size and the output heat amount fit the "hot brick" description 100%. :wink:

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #538 of 2,600
IMO, u r not going to gain more bass from wa7. Maybe, clearer, more texture in the low would be somewhat realistic expectation. To me, not worth $500 upgrade for what u r after. If u plan to have other hp later on, then wa7 would serve u very well (assuming no per hungry orthos here)

for that get a mjolnir.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #539 of 2,600
Hey guys,

After reading this thread and obsessing over this amp I finally landed one today. Looks good sounds good as described but I have a little perk hopefully someone can shed some light on. Almost everybody claims this amp runs dead quiet, but it is quite different for me. At around 4 o'clock with music off I can hear some noise and past 12 o'clock I detect a lot of noise/static. I suspect the crappy USB cable that I robbed from a printer is the culprit but I have no other USB cable to test. Does anyone experience this and what was your solution. I'm on high gain running HD650 if that matters. Thanks.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #540 of 2,600
It is not a gain switch it is high/low impedance selector , I find either works fine with my HD650 no noise btw
Is the noise equal out of both channels if not try cleaning the tube pins / sockets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back