WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jun 21, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,966 of 2,600
Cool be sure if you would to post some pics of that cable, i'm interested in hearing your impressions also..

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,967 of 2,600
Cable arrived today, will try to post pics tomorrow.

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,968 of 2,600
cool nice to hear you've got it, pics would be good..

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,969 of 2,600

Here are a couple of pics. I need at least a few days of break in before any opinion. I do really like the WA7/tp very much already. I just wanted to see if I could get a bit more out of the purchase. It is probably the best sounding system I have owned. And for only 10% of the cost of my last full system.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,970 of 2,600
  Here are a couple of pics. I need at least a few days of break in before any opinion. I do really like the WA7/tp very much already. I just wanted to see if I could get a bit more out of the purchase. It is probably the best sounding system I have owned. And for only 10% of the cost of my last full system.

Congrats mjock. the WA7 is awesome indeed! - what you said makes me curious to know what your last system was that cost 10 times the WA7/tp !? 

Happy Listening, 

Jeb.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #1,971 of 2,600
Hi Jeb,

The system was a Rogue Athena (then a Tortuga which gave me the transparency I wanted), a pair of Ncore mono amps, a pair of Salk HT 3's (by the way Salk makes some very nice speakers), some Wywires silver balanced and regular interconnects as well as USB and speaker wire, Triode Wire Labs power cord. A tricked out Windows Server 2012 OS, with JPlay, and Highend-AudioPC, along with a very tweaked out Buffalo III Dac.  What do you think?

Mark

Oops I forgot a lot of time positioning the speakers so the I got the most out of my system in addition to about $3000 retail of room treatment.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,972 of 2,600
Impressive, is what I think.  I looked and those speakers look magnificent!  I hope for something like that one-day.

Well your Woo & T1s certainly save on space.  You've obviously owned and heard some very fine equipment which reflects very well on the WA7.    Look forward to hearing how you get on with the new umbilical in due course. 

Jeb.

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,973 of 2,600
Yes the space has made for a very happy dear wife. She let me do do all the room treatment with only a few frowns. And I must say it is much more spacious now it that room.
wink_face.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,974 of 2,600
That's a cool looking setup you got mjock3 really like that cable, maybe after you've spent some time listening you'll let know of the improvements it's made..

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #1,975 of 2,600
Hoping to post an update later this week. I took a while to break the new cable. Then I needed to break in a shorter Woo cable (still doing that now) so that it was an even comparison. Right now I will say RAL cable is an amazing upgrade. Highly recommended.

Mark

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,976 of 2,600
  Hoping to post an update later this week. I took a while to break the new cable. Then I needed to break in a shorter Woo cable (still doing that now) so that it was an even comparison. Right now I will say RAL cable is an amazing upgrade. Highly recommended.

Mark

Cool looking forward to your impressions..

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,978 of 2,600
  What's an equivalent external DAC to the one inside the WA7? What other dacs would be considered an upgrade from the stock internals?

There are many dacs that would be considered an upgrade. Considering the WA7 doesn't do DSD, a lot of DSD-capable dacs would be considered an "upgrade" in my opinion.

If you're interested in a DSD dac, ted_b has a dac database up on Google docs that he's shared a link to: DSD DAC Database

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,979 of 2,600
I've never really used the D/A mode on my WA7. I just recently started to use it with my new Sceptre S8's + Temblor T10.
The T10 is the sub controller, has balanced inputs. I bought a balanced DAC but it won't be here for a few weeks.
The T10 also has RCA unbalanced inputs that I'm using from the WA7. I get a low analogue noise hum. Is this normal? I assume it is because it's not balanced, and that's the main reason to use balanced inputs. I just want a second opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back