WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
May 31, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,952 of 2,600
Hi guys, I recently picked up the Electro Harmonix tubes and it causes a hissing (that is audible when music isn't playing) which the Sovteks didn't have. The stock tubes are dead silent meanwhile. Does this eventually dissapear or are the tubes faulty? 

May 31, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #1,953 of 2,600

WA7 is a headphone amplifier, not recommended to drive speakers.  You can however use WA7 as a DAC via the RCA output to a powered speaker.  This output is a Fixed Line Out so the volume control is handled by the powered speakers.

I just picked up a demo unit from Audio Advisors. To use as a DAC, can I run the rca out into my integrated amp (aux input) to drive my speakers? I didn't see what the output spec was over rca. I don't want to damage my integrated amp (Peachtree Nova 125).

May 31, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,954 of 2,600
  Hi guys, I recently picked up the Electro Harmonix tubes and it causes a hissing (that is audible when music isn't playing) which the Sovteks didn't have. The stock tubes are dead silent meanwhile. Does this eventually dissapear or are the tubes faulty? 

Sure sounds like a bad tube (noisy) to me did you get them from woo ? if so send them an email maybe you can get another pair..

I just picked up a demo unit from Audio Advisors. To use as a DAC, can I run the rca out into my integrated amp (aux input) to drive my speakers? I didn't see what the output spec was over rca. I don't want to damage my integrated amp (Peachtree Nova 125).

You would be able to use the wa7 that way to drive your speakers..

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #1,956 of 2,600

WA7 out to AUX input is ok for D/A mode.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #1,957 of 2,600
  @HiFiGuy528, heya mike! how are you doing? just curious what gain setting on the WA7 do you think is appropriate for the upcoming Ether and HE1k? also curious what gain setting you normally use with the HE-560/LCD-X/K7xx. thanks!

technically Low setting, but which ever sounds best for you.  It won't harm the amp or the hps on either setting.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,958 of 2,600
Any body thinking about updating umbilical cord? I found that Revelation Audio Labs makes some that will work on this. I am seriously thinking of doing the update, especially seeing how tube changes in the power supply have such a nice effect.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,959 of 2,600
Just ordered a Passage Cryo-Silver 1/2 meter length. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,960 of 2,600
I didn't  think of that upgrade, cool post a pic when you receive your cable.. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,961 of 2,600
  I didn't  think of that upgrade, cool post a pic when you receive your cable.. 

Will do, not sure how long it takes to make. But I will try to share what it does for the sound as well. I am stoked! I am using a Triode Wire Labs power cord and it just seems wrong to have a cheap umbilical cord in between.

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,962 of 2,600
I agree that make good sense, I also believe a good power cable makes a big difference in sq..   

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,963 of 2,600
Going to be a bit before I get the cable, hit a snag in the road. I just got a small power cord from RAL for the power wire from supply to my Mac Mini and all I can say is WOW. When I get the one for the Woo I will post pics.

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #1,964 of 2,600
I just looked at those cables now I see why you hit a snag wow there pricey, the 2 meter power cable costs more then my wa7d/tp, that will always be out of my price league Lol..

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #1,965 of 2,600
No actually the umbilical cord is reasonably priced. Ran into a snag because of the connector Woo Audio decided to use for the umbilical. I know some of RAL's cables are way out of my price range, however the ones I am talking about are not. And if the small one I am now using between my power supply and Mac Mini is any indication I think this is an outstanding upgrade for the dollar. Can't wait to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back