WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
May 7, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #1,936 of 2,600
Has anyone connected a current generation iPad or iPOD touch to the WA7 and used the WA7's DAC?  My understanding is that you need a lightening to USB adapter?

Is the sound degraded at all?

What settings are needed in the midi control panel for Apple lossless files from ripped CDs??

Thanks

May 7, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,937 of 2,600
  Has anyone connected a current generation iPad or iPOD touch to the WA7 and used the WA7's DAC?  My understanding is that you need a lightening to USB adapter?

What settings are needed in the midi control panel for Apple lossless files from ripped CDs??

Thanks

Yes, what you heard is correct. The lightning to usb camera adapter + usb A to B cable are required. 

Sound is not degraded.

May 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,938 of 2,600

Thanks

We use this very set up at trade shows.  A good quality USB cable is recommended for best sound.  We use Nordost.

May 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #1,939 of 2,600
Thanks Mike a high grade usb cable made all the difference in SQ for me..

May 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #1,942 of 2,600
On side note to the current discussion, I've noticed that adding a schiit wyrd into the chain between the source and WA7, improves the SQ much more than just adding in an expensive usb cable alone; since the Wyrd cleans up the signal going into the WA7 usb dac. In my personal experience, a wyrd + 2 cheaper usb cables (like the schiit pyst or belkin gold) work better than 1 expensive usb cable of the same price. 

May 9, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,943 of 2,600
Is the Pangea-audio 4 % silver good enough??

That's the cable I use made a big difference for me..

Quote:

On side note to the current discussion, I've noticed that adding a schiit wyrd into the chain between the source and WA7, improves the SQ much more than just adding in an expensive usb cable alone; since the Wyrd cleans up the signal going into the WA7 usb dac. In my personal experience, a wyrd + 2 cheaper usb cables (like the schiit pyst or belkin gold) work better than 1 expensive usb cable of the same price. 

Good to know I've been wanting to try the wyrd thanks..

May 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,944 of 2,600

We use this very set up at trade shows.  A good quality USB cable is recommended for best sound.  We use Nordost.

Mike which Nordost do you use?

Mark

May 15, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,946 of 2,600
I own a Blue Heaven as well as a WyWires Silver. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to hear the Heimdall2 I imagine it is quite a step up from the Blue Heaven. Not to say the Blue Heaven is bad.

May 15, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #1,947 of 2,600
@HiFiGuy528, heya mike! how are you doing? just curious what gain setting on the WA7 do you think is appropriate for the upcoming Ether and HE1k? also curious what gain setting you normally use with the HE-560/LCD-X/K7xx. thanks!

May 24, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,949 of 2,600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back