Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Oct 27, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #346 of 904
As far as I know, the reason our devices now have non user replaceable batteries is because manufacturers make the trade off to make devices lighter and thinner. When we are talking about a phone only a few millimeters thick we can see the benefit but devices like this are heavy and thick. Who's going to care that the device is 5% bigger?

People replace their phones so often that they don't care as much about features like that anymore but a device like this has to last 10+ years.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #347 of 904
Nov 12, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #351 of 904
Just bought myself a WA8. Can I charge and play at the same time? Will I damage the battery if I charge overnight or leave it plug to the mains.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #352 of 904
You can charge and use it at the same time. The battery won't be damaged. The unit will stop charging the battery once the battery is topped off. Like with many other battery powered devices, though, it is good to periodically run down the battery and recharge it.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #353 of 904
Thank you for your advice.
The WA8 is an amazing product!

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #354 of 904
Wish to seek some comments of the WA8 with the focal utopia. Is this a good or even can be said as a perfect match?

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #355 of 904
Wish to seek some comments of the WA8 with the focal utopia. Is this a good or even can be said as a perfect match?

Funny you're posting this now. I've managed to borrow the Utopia/Elear for a few days and I'm listening to the WA8 with the Utopia -right now-, along with my TH-900 & HD800S. Will update later as I've literally just switched it on.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #356 of 904
Wow, thanks in advance.

I heard the Utopia with Chord Dave but have not put the trigger on the Utopia yet. I bought the WA8 using the shop's HD800s as demo. I can see your comment valuable advice for me.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #357 of 904
Wow, thanks in advance.

I heard the Utopia with Chord Dave but have not put the trigger on the Utopia yet. I bought the WA8 using the shop's HD800s as demo. I can see your comment valuable advice for me.

So in terms of pairing so far, I've only got the Eddie Current Zana Deux (modded SE to give me the low/high gain) and the WA8. Personally I found the ZDSE (with Mullard ECC35) a little "hot" with the Utopia whilst the WA8 seems to tone treble somewhat that down somewhat a little. The cost though is the WA8 seems to have a slightly smaller soundstage than the ZDSE.

Still very preliminary (just under an hour's worth of listening/comparing), the resolution of the Utopia is impeccable. I hear more things with the Utopia than my HD800S. However, (and this is where I feel I need more time), the HD800S just feels like it has more room to breath whereas with the Utopia I think I feel I hear more internal reflections than the HD800S.

Not wanting to turn this into a headphone comparison but back to the WA8, the Utopia seems to pair well with it, more so than my ZDSE. Again this is only 1 hr's worth of listening so I'll probably need more time.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #358 of 904
Thank you for your initial impression.
No hurry for a conclusion.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #360 of 904
WA8 Eclipse is available for auditioning at most of our retail dealers. Mindisc in Australia is a newly added reseller. http://www.minidisc.com.au

http://wooaudio.com/dealers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back