WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD
Dec 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #106 of 196
I'm been a longtime admirer of Woo amps.

Their rugged design always evokes mental images of American Steel mills and M1 Abrams tanks.

Really look forward to reading Frank's detailed impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe Dubstep Girl can start an Epic Woo tube rolling thread after that ?
wink.gif

Thanks for the comments Lord Soth. DG does know most of the great tube rolling options for the Woo product line.  

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #107 of 196
Woo Hoo! Just found this thread. Subscribed.  Frank, glad you're doing the comparisons with stock tubes.  I am interested in the WA2 to pair up with my HD800's but when I go through the other threads looking for impressions, it's all about the upgraded tubes. Frankly (no pun intended), I really don't want to waste tons of money tube rolling/experimenting and would appreciate what the stock tubes can offer. That's probably why I went to the WA7 to start me off in Woo World.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #108 of 196
  Woo Hoo! Just found this thread. Subscribed.  Frank, glad you're doing the comparisons with stock tubes.  I am interested in the WA2 to pair up with my HD800's but when I go through the other threads looking for impressions, it's all about the upgraded tubes. Frankly (no pun intended), I really don't want to waste tons of money tube rolling/experimenting and would appreciate what the stock tubes can offer. That's probably why I went to the WA7 to start me off in Woo World.

I use that combo - its still sounds great with stock tubes. I can listen later for a long session and let you know if you want. If you pick the tracks - i can play them. No bother 
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #109 of 196
I'm been a longtime admirer of Woo amps.

Their rugged design always evokes mental images of American Steel mills and M1 Abrams tanks.

Really look forward to reading Frank's detailed impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe Dubstep Girl can start an Epic Woo tube rolling thread after that ?
wink.gif

i am planning on making a 6AS7G / 5U4G tube rolling comparison post, but i'll probably post it on the woo owner thread and the glenn2359 thread instead. maybe on the 6as7g tube rollers thread too. there isn't a 5U4G tube thread yet is there? 
blink.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #110 of 196

i am planning on making a 6AS7G / 5U4G tube rolling comparison post, but i'll probably post it on the woo owner thread and the glenn2359 thread instead. maybe on the 6as7g tube rollers thread too. there isn't a 5U4G tube thread yet is there? 
blink.gif

I think there is - somewhere. I look forward to you impressions. I just bought a box of tubes myself. 
cool.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #111 of 196

Mickey all my comparison will be with the stock tubes as that is the way most people buy the amplifiers. The WA2 sounds excellent but will be spending time with that amp next week. I have done the WA22,WA6SE and the WA7 so far, I am working on the WA3 and WA6 and then the WA2 next week. The WES,GES and the WEE and also th eDAC hopefully by the beginning of the following week and getting this all out to Woo before Christmas. I will keep you all posted.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #112 of 196
Thanks Frank! Looking forward to it, especially on the WA7, which I have, versus the WA2.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #113 of 196
Excellent thread. I've always dreaded checking that huge Woo Owners Unite threads. WA6 is one of the finest amps I've ever heard to date. This thread may help me to make a decision between WA6-SE, WA2 and WA22. 

Thank you for doing a great service to the community Frank.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #114 of 196
the WA6-SE, WA2, and WA22 are some of the best amps i've heard as well. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #115 of 196
  Excellent thread. I've always dreaded checking that huge Woo Owners Unite threads. WA6 is one of the finest amps I've ever heard to date. This thread may help me to make a decision between WA6-SE, WA2 and WA22. 

Thank you for doing a great service to the community Frank.

I am enjoying this project . Thanks for the kind words.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #119 of 196
popcorn.gif
 ..in the mean time, enjoying the music.. 
cool.gif

Quote:
  The  link will be done when everything. I am expecting everything ti be done sometime in January.

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #120 of 196
Couldn't wait... I just ordered a WA22 :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back