Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #3,406 of 4,133
Hi All, Doodle poll officially closed. The vast majority chose Sept.8th from 11AM to 4PM. Fear not, I will post a few reminders when the date gets closer. PM me if you are able to come and I will send you my address. Looking forward to working out the final gear details with everyone and seeing it all hooked up. Cheers

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #3,407 of 4,133
If i ever have time to actually get out im now a dealer for Hifiman, iFi as well as ZMF...got some new massdrop gear too

1. ZMF Atticus
  2. ZMF Verite
  3. Hifiman Sundara
  4. Hifiman Arya (hopefully)
  5. Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier (assuming it gets here before the meet)
  6. Massdrop CTH + SDAC DAC/Amp
  7. SMSL SU-8 Version 2 DAC
And if i feel like lugging even more crap
  1. Sennheiser HD800 Super Dupont
  2. Sennheiser HD6XX w/ Dekoni Pads
  3. Fostex THX00
Atticus is out, and Verite Closed is in woo!
Hifiman Sundara is out, and Hifiman Arya is in!

Hopefully I can make it out :) Do we have any keyboard enthusiasts or pad rollers?

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,408 of 4,133
Atticus is out, and Verite Closed is in woo!
Do we have any keyboard enthusiasts or pad rollers?

I've only got a couple Logitech Romer-G's which I know don't get much love in the online mechy community. Other than that, I've also got an original IBM Model-M...

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #3,409 of 4,133
As a random aside, I'm ordering a couple miscellaneous things off Partsconnexion in the next couple days. If anyone wants to get a few things and split on shipping, let me know.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #3,412 of 4,133
FYI, I checked on the Symphones website and they are now shipping the V9. Looks like a pretty significant revision. I am really tempted to buy a pair and swap out the V7s in my frankenphones. looking forward to setting up the next meet in two weeks. I will post a reminder a week out. hope everyone is enjoying their final days of summer.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #3,413 of 4,133
I am sorry for posting this here - but it seems there is a lack of hifi shops in SK... especially where I am (closer to Yorkton).

It's nice to see a Prairie presence on the forum here. Wish there was a place to demo some of the cans the forum people talk about.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3,414 of 4,133
Ok Update to my list If im able to make it out :)

1. ZMF Aeolus
  2. ZMF Verite
  3. ZMF Verite Closed
  4. Hifiman Sundara
  5. Hifiman Arya
  6. Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier (assuming it gets here before the meet)
  7. Massdrop CTH + SDAC DAC/Amp
  8. SMSL SU-8 Version 2 DAC
And if i feel like lugging even more crap
  1. Sennheiser HD800 Super Dupont
  2. Sennheiser HD6XX w/ Dekoni Pads
  3. Fostex THX00

TLDR: Atticus is out, Aelous and Verite + Verite Closed and Arya is in.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #3,416 of 4,133
I am sorry for posting this here - but it seems there is a lack of hifi shops in SK... especially where I am (closer to Yorkton).

It's nice to see a Prairie presence on the forum here. Wish there was a place to demo some of the cans the forum people talk about.

There's Everest Audio in Regina, and Soundshapers in Prince Albert. There might be others, but those are the only ones I know about.

As for the meet, we do have a date set but we might feel a little unsure about having a complete stranger show up since this is at a private residence. I will let the host decide.

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #3,420 of 4,133
I completely forgot it was *this* Sunday!
Does anyone have any specific requests for gear?

(Edit fixed date so as not to confuse people)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back