1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)

First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last
  1. q2klepto
    How was the meetup?

Apologies for not making it out (again) - super busy this week :frowning2: As a way to make it up to you guys - How would you guys feel about me hosting a meetup at a community center next time - all my gear should arrive this week, maybe in a couple months?

headphones + keyboard meetup or something

2. rifi
    Thanks to all that were able to make it and who dutifully trucked their equipment across town. It's always good to see comrades in arms equipped with nice gear and so willing to share.

I hope no one left thinking we spent too much time listening to speakers upstairs...

@q2klepto no worries, I am sure there will be a desire to meet up again sometime in 2020.
    @Velomane thanks for the support!

3. -iKa-
    Thank you @rifi for hosting, it was a ton of fun. I've compiled all of the measurements into an album and took rifi's idea of getting an average measurement of all the headphones I measured at the event (not including the headphones that wildly deviated), and ended up with a near identical response to the HD650. Funny how that works, eh?

@q2klepto I've got a couple keyboard things lying around so that seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Edit: totally forgot to post the album! https://imgur.com/a/sZLFdYY

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Rubin likes this.
  4. Viper2005
    Thanks for hosting a great meet Rifi!
    The two channel stuff was a real highlight. :)
    Good to see everyone again!

5. rifi
    That comparison graph is scary similar! Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

6. Armaegis
    I think I spent more time playing with the dog than listening to gear lol.

I was definitely getting some weird measurements for my headphones. I think my HE-6's weren't sealing, and the Pioneers were probably all wonky because I semi-folded the ears into the cups.

7. q2klepto
    If you guys were using EARS then im pretty sure its a known issue where theres some wonkiness at around 4khz

8. Armaegis
    Ika did say that measurements above 3kHz were not reliable.

9. -iKa-
    Yep, that wonkiness is from EARS. Anything past ~3Khz isn't too useful except for broad strokes.

10. q2klepto
    Anyone going to Toronto Audio Fest next month? Theres a good chance I'll be representing at a booth lol

11. Armaegis
    For @-iKa- and anyone else on the recording side of things, L&M's yearly attic sale is coming up:
    http://www.lmml.ca/promo/SaleFlyer.php?s=LP30&f=103

I don't have a need for it, but those Neumann monitors are nice. Also fantastic price for the U87 mic, but that's a little overkill for my radio broadcasting (but I still want one!)

12. -iKa-
    Quite a few good deals there, I'll have to see if I can make it out in time. I've been considering one of those zoom portable recorders and the H5 deals seem really good.

13. rifi
    FYI I saw this as I was checking out L&M's product pages after browsing their attic sale: https://www.long-mcquade.com/118278...-Discrete-Solid-State-Headphone-Amplifier.htm. A pretty great price. I have contacted the Calgary branch that seems to be the last place with stock. If I don't pick it up maybe someone here might want it. PM if interested and I will let you know if they confirmed if they have any left.

UPDATE: is still available.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  14. rifi
  15. -iKa-
First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last