Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #4,127 of 4,133
What’s your RT60 measurements?
I did know at one point. @Rubin
helped me take those measurements on his computer so he would have them still. It wasnt aweful, but there is deffintely room for improvement. I want to say if the ideal is .3 to .6 I think I was around the .8 or .9. If that makes sense. Hopfully @Rubin can chime in with the details, but he is pretty busy these days.

These panels will only help with mid to highs, not focusing on any bass at the moment. And the install will only add panels to the ceiling.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #4,128 of 4,133
@Rubin
helped me take those measurements on his computer so he would have them still. It wasnt aweful, but there is deffintely room for improvement. I want to say if the ideal is .3 to .6 I think I was around the .8 or .9. If that makes sense. Hopfully @Rubin can chime in with the details, but he is pretty busy these days.

These panels will only help with mid to highs, not focusing on any bass at the moment. And the install will only add panels to the ceiling.
I only asked because sometimes if you only treat the mid- to high-frequencies, you can make the room too dead instead of just evenly damped. Imagine if the bass is at 0.8-0.9 and you treated the mid- to high-frequencies to 0.1-0.2, it'll sound a bit weird. But I guess you would hear it and just remove some dampening materials.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #4,129 of 4,133
I only asked because sometimes if you only treat the mid- to high-frequencies, you can make the room too dead instead of just evenly damped. Imagine if the bass is at 0.8-0.9 and you treated the mid- to high-frequencies to 0.1-0.2, it'll sound a bit weird. But I guess you would hear it and just remove some dampening materials.
Agreed. One thing at a time. I basically want to quiet the slapback and echo I hear in the room. Once I am happy with that I can see where my bass measurements are.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #4,132 of 4,133
If you vacuum up enough dog hair you can probably build a bass trap in the corner :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back