Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #4,111 of 4,133
Hey guys, does anyone have a recommendation for good on ear wireless headphones for the gym? I've been enjoying using my old koss porta pros since they don't make my ears sweaty, but the cable is becoming annoying. I do see they make a Bluetooth version now, but figured I'd check here first

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #4,112 of 4,133
Hey guys, does anyone have a recommendation for good on ear wireless headphones for the gym? I've been enjoying using my old koss porta pros since they don't make my ears sweaty, but the cable is becoming annoying. I do see they make a Bluetooth version now, but figured I'd check here first
What Bluetooth playback device do you use and do you know what audio codec it supports?

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #4,114 of 4,133
Okay so SBC or AptX. And maybe LDAC. The challenge is the working out part. I used to use in-ear monitors for that. Not sure which big over ear headphones or even on ear headphones work. Let’s see what other says here. do you want it on ear like Porta Pro or can it be over ear? What’s your budget? Do you want to splurge and get one that has noise cancelling too so you can fly with it?

Mar 2, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #4,116 of 4,133
Apr 3, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #4,119 of 4,133
If you like the idea of the 250s, you may want to look at Staples. I know the Staples on St James had two paors on clearance for $50 or so. Or at least they did a few weeks ago when I was there poking around.

If you pass by, please pick one up for me. I need to get some new bluetooth headphones for my wife. She keeps breaking hers (they get banged around in her bag since she never uses a case, wears them at the gym, etc).

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #4,121 of 4,133
If you pass by, please pick one up for me. I need to get some new bluetooth headphones for my wife. She keeps breaking hers (they get banged around in her bag since she never uses a case, wears them at the gym, etc).
Got'em. Message me when you get a minute and we can organize how to get them to your wife. Also if anyone cares there is still one more pair at the $49 clearance price (reg $89). That said most of us would pay more than that just for pads, so they might not be of interest in these parts, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #4,122 of 4,133
I'm an old fart, but still love quality. But when it comes to the YMCA, I use jlabs with the ear hook..They never fall out.
Jlabs epic air sport
100 bucks right now at (the source)

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #4,124 of 4,133
Does your better half like her new hd250BTs? Have you had a listen to them.

I haven't listened to them myself, but my wife thinks they are ok. They are lighter, but not as comfortable since they sit on ear as opposed to over ear. They isolate very well though, enough so that she thought they were noise cancelling at first.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #4,125 of 4,133
Finally got some sound absorbing panels for my living room. Hopefully it can make any of our next heaphone meets I host a little quieter, beyond the obvious benefits for my hifi. Should be installing them over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back