Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #752 of 798
Wait I am so confuse! So who won actually? Is this all accusation or the winner won secretly? What is happening here?

Because I have some impression on this item and cant hold it any longer!

Edit> Found out it was a late entry flagship owner winner Edward. Congrats I guess.

Now to give an unbiased point of view!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #753 of 798
I got to listen to this $800 thin metal, squeaky, wobbling, fragile, embarrassing construction Sursvara Aka Edition 6. The complete retail version.

oooooo boy here comes the pain..... (I will repost this at the impression and review section also)

20170610_120818.jpg

So is this a knock off from the HE1000.

It is such a shame a 6K item borrow every known issue from the He1000.
Did not see any improvements from the construction from this.

Once I pick it up from the table I heard a squeak. I was like wait was that the chair? Nope. Swirl the earcups left and right like a madman and all I heard was squeak, squeak squeak etch.
My god some one get the WD-40 and grease it up!

20170610_121601.jpg

Was not impress by the built! Saw scratches and tiny marks on the wood. Such a shame. Even thou this was a used pair. But come on 6K? This thing should be bullet proof !

20170610_121606.jpg

The great things were that it was super light, very comfy. Well most headphones these days are comfy! It better be comfy! and the wires were nothing surprising about them.

20170610_121611.jpg

Now the main event the sound.

Punchy, detail, clear, warm and tight. Has a mysterious treble increase in some songs I notice!

And here it is boys I heard some distortion in 1 song . such a shame!

Overall, $2900 for the highest for the Susvara that anyone should ever pay
8/10 in rating
Build: 5/10
Bass: 8/10
Treble: 8/10 and a weird distortion? 6K come on hifiman get with the program. And no it dose not sound good to justify 6K. My goodness grace .
Mids: 8/10

Overall sound, 8/10
Not recommended at retail price. For $3000 yes only.

Sorry Hifiman. lower the price please...

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #755 of 798
It must sound good because it is expensive, right ? Unless it is your sources that was insufficient to drive it, trust me.....have you tried any expensive amps, DAC, transports with your SusVara ? How dare you justify it and have a not so positive review and impression against a Doctor who declared it must be expensive because it sound good ?

I know a doctor, and he says his headphones sounds good too ! The name is all about Studio, References, Pro....etc....but none of it is 6k though....However.

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #757 of 798
It must sound good because it is expensive, right ? Unless it is your sources that was insufficient to drive it, trust me.....have you tried any expensive amps, DAC, transports with your SusVara ? How dare you justify it and have a not so positive review and impression against a Doctor who declared it must be expensive because it sound good ?

I know a doctor, and he says his headphones sounds good too ! The name is all about Studio, References, Pro....etc....but none of it is 6k though....However.

Hahahaha. That's funny. Your comment is going to be the serious echo chamber at the impression/review thread. O I can not wait from people who's going to get trigger by what I posted! :p

And the very sad thing is this. I had a powerful vintage amp that was powering this headphone. It was easily powering the He-6 and LCD-XC also.

The vintage amp was perfect. It was clean and neutral and very powerful.

I remember I was listening to the Susvara and the female Hifiman rep walked in when I said, " O crap this has treble issues'. And she was like what is treble and what are the problems? And I was like Yes this is what the problem is lol ( in my head) .

And the squeaky part was funny also. I was swirling it and one of the members walked in and looked at the headphone and me and said wow yea I know!!!!! What is this (in my head again lol)

Owell

LCDXC.jpg

He-6s.jpg

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #763 of 798
Wha?

He said "I got to listen to this $800 etc..." so he didn't buy them, and you can see in the pictures, there is masking tape on the top with a B on it, and Edition 6 marked on the headband.

Ah my apologies, somehow I had the impression that he bought it second hand. Good to know that prototype is still being controlled

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #764 of 798
Wha?

He said "I got to listen to this $800 etc..." so he didn't buy them, and you can see in the pictures, there is masking tape on the top with a B on it, and Edition 6 marked on the headband.

Yes I did mention it was a used pair. Non the less a 6k headphone had many faults even thou it was or not a prototype. Btw I asked the hifiman rep. She said this is the final release version aka the correct retail production units. So I am not sure how much more you want to defend it. I report it at the impression thread. Not scared :p . Even currawong commented. So let's see where the arguments going to go from that thread from now on.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back