Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #722 of 798
Hello all. I can confirm Edwood was the winner, a bunch of liked answers were printed then a member of staff picked the one they liked, with no names showing. It was his. So I get that people were unhappy it wasnt announced, sorry but it seems to have been one of the, things are done slightly differently in China issues. So, we are sorry if anyone was upset by there not being an official announcement about it.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #723 of 798
Mm...backread a bit. So, this is the winning entry, posted June 6:

"I still have my old HE-6, and having heard the Susvara when it was called the "Edition 6" Prototype, it had me really excited for a true HE-6 Successor."

Congrats....

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #725 of 798
Hello all. I can confirm Edwood was the winner, a bunch of liked answers were printed then a member of staff picked the one they liked, with no names showing. It was his. So I get that people were unhappy it wasnt announced, sorry but it seems to have been one of the, things are done slightly differently in China issues. So, we are sorry if anyone was upset by there not being an official announcement about it.
Wow, finally an announcement ! Well, I am from Asia and more or less I do understand about how and what Asians and China culture is about. However, to states that in Asia, official winner is not announced is only under one circumstances, and let me keep it to myself as we know what I am talking about.

To be fair, any official announcements that started should always be officially concluded.

I guess, this really was another slap to the face then. Not the matter of how you picked your winner, but how all the participants are being disrespected Through not officially concluding the event until asked. Thanks for playing though

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #727 of 798
This cheerleader contest has been over for 24 hours. Only one lady knows that. That's the way it's done.:smile_phones:
000cf1bdd2450e25fc3716.jpg

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #728 of 798
...things are done slightly differently in China issues.
With all due respect that is complete and total utter nonsense... China (East Asia) in fact DOES NOT work this way at all. Actually, quite the opposite when it comes to business and easy marketing! You made an official announcement and forgot to conclude it as accordingly...so you and your company professionally messed up... simple as that. Shame on you for trying to disparage Asian business culture as such. Very sad.

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #729 of 798
Not that I am sour, bitter, or the likes, but IF Edwood is in fact the winner it doesn't sit well with me. He personally talked to the folks at HiFiMAN at the LA CanJam (before the contest), and in my books that is highly suspicious, especially given his not so great reason (actually it was pretty poor) and late(ish) entry on page 42 as to why he deserves to win. I smell a something fishy.....

I am going to hold off any congratulations until I officially read it from HiFiMAN. Like many of you, it would be a slap in the face if Edwood announced his own winnings, and if that is indeed the case shows what type of campany HiFiMAN actually is (especially given my above comment).

Then again, who knows... my 2 cents.
Yes, he might have been page 42 but he was the very first one to "like" the initial announcement post! I believe that was the ultimate deciding factor and probably a fair one.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #730 of 798
This cheerleader contest has been over for 24 hours. Only one lady knows that. That's the way it's done.:smile_phones:
000cf1bdd2450e25fc3716.jpg

Which one? :darthsmile:

The photo is not in a very large size, so I don't quite see it in the picture.

Also, I do respect HiFiMAN's decision to have any winner they want - what I think happened that wasn't properly explained is that they basically decided the winner in their office and sent the headphone, but didn't make the official announcement here. If that is the case, the winner himself might not have known that he won already before receiving the package - what if they wanted to make him a surprise?

I am glad when people are enjoying their things and their life - I am really enjoying a pair of headphones along with iDSD BL right now and I am really glad I found it and that it suits my tastes - Honestly hope that the winner of Susvara will enjoy them!

I cannot complain in any way - they gave something to someone, that's a beautiful gesture by itself! The fact that that man already paid for many HiFiMAN products must mean that he loves the sound and that he will enjoy them Susvara a lot - that makes me happy as well!

My only honest wish is that everyone will manage to find and purchase the headphone they like best with the sound they were always looking for. In the end, this is a subjective hobby and I just want everyone to be happy.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #732 of 798
Yes, he might have been page 42 but he was the very first one to "like" the initial announcement post! I believe that was the ultimate deciding factor and probably a fair one.
Eeeeh, the very first one? When you're on top of the likes list, that means that you're the last one. But I guess you were just kidding and 'Naive' is my middle name :wink:
Although I have my own thoughts/feeling about how this content ended: congrats (and happy listening) to the winner!

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #733 of 798
FYI TO ALL:

Please do not take this as "typical" and/or "normal" Chinese (East Asian) business culture... it is far from the truth.

I could say for a fact that as innocent as this mistake/oversight may have been (forgetting to conclude an official event, especially one with such a critical marketing aspect to it) in a legitimate Asian business environment serious reprimands would have certainly been given and a saving face official announcement and apology would have been issued and without the addition of a culturally disparaging and offensive excuse. Such weak 'excuse making' is not an acceptable, nor professional, form of communique over here and is frowned upon immensely.

Very disappointed and offended.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #734 of 798
Eeeeh, the very first one? When you're on top of the likes list, that means that you're the last one. But I guess you were just kidding and 'Naive' is my middle name :wink:
Although I have my own thoughts/feeling about how this content ended: congrats (and happy listening) to the winner!
Yes, I was playing a little there but I do imagine that any names linked to the first post would certainly aid in being selected in the end as I have to admit it is such a huge thread to deal with.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #735 of 798
Mm...like George, I'm also glad it was awarded to a true-blue Hifiman fan and not to someone who would probably not bother appreciating it and just sell it. Note to HFM: in the future, do it right and make an annoucement as a matter of respect to the hundreds of fellow headfiers who took the time and expended the effort to participate in your contest. It is basic courtesy, which is always universally appreciated.

P.S. Once you are tired of it, PM me if you want to find a new home for it. And I never sell anything. Period. Lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back