Why the Beats Hate?
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #369 of 2,037
Quote:
yeah, but this was not the feeling I  got, when I  demoed them.
I  didn't recognize  the bashing , perhaps just the recessed  treble.

If you go through the anecdotal accounts measured here, the thing is much of the bashing is - for lack of a better term - counter-bashing. Some guy on Beats thinks it's the best in the world, your K701 and HD600 is screw*** ugly, and Dr.Dre (or any others they like) don't use them, etc.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #370 of 2,037
Quote:

If you go through the anecdotal accounts measured here, the thing is much of the bashing is - for lack of a better term - counter-bashing. Some guy on Beats thinks it's the best in the world, your K701 and HD600 is screw*** ugly, and Dr.Dre (or any others they like) don't use them, etc.

Actually, a Korean forum(non audiophile) placed the K701 in top 10 best looking headphone.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #372 of 2,037
Because they are perceived better than they actually are. Overrated and overpriced in short. Besides, they are exactly what audiophiles don't want, excessive bass.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #373 of 2,037
I think my number one biggest complaint about the Beats was looking like a ****** bag when wearing them in public

at least feeling like one, but most the time I wore them in public because I was working at Starbucks waiting to pick up my girlfriend from college so it's not like I walked around like an idiot with them on my head like I've seen many do around here

it's like a fashion statement which is quite sad, at least I had the silver ones with absolutely no red on them so they weren't that obnoxious

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #374 of 2,037
Quote:
I think my number one biggest complaint about the Beats was looking like a ****** bag when wearing them in public

at least feeling like one, but most the time I wore them in public because I was working at Starbucks waiting to pick up my girlfriend from college so it's not like I walked around like an idiot with them on my head like I've seen many do around here

it's like a fashion statement which is quite sad, at least I had the silver ones with absolutely no red on them so they weren't that obnoxious

fashion statement is right... people should be award of that. they are a mere fashion accessory, not a great sounding headphone.

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #375 of 2,037
Quote:
fashion statement is right... people should be award of that. they are a mere fashion accessory, not a great sounding headphone.

well ppl have their priorities. But you know in all honesty most of us look down on these beat users (especially since a good majority of them are not aware of the alternatives) and think to our selves "if only he/she knew that there is better stuff out there for the similar price" but would they really be better off? If anything i can't say i am. I love headphones and i can never go back from where i am now but man its like that feeling that no matter how much money you spend, no matter how much you upgrade you get that feeling, "i think it can be better than what it is now" and your endless obcession to nowhere starts. If anyhting the path of a audiophile is much like a blackhole. atleast the beat users can live contently thinking what they're listening to is the best. If you know of all your alternatives yet choose to love the beats good for you, but i personally feel like most of the ppl that use the beats are not aware and i honestly believe most of them (not all) would choose alternatives if he/she knew but maybe its for the better. But regardless they may not appreicate music as much but they may feel more satisfaction from music than us from the audiophile community

If anything ignorance is bliss 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back